[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

*blocks your path while you're mountain climbing*

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

File: crazygoats011.jpg (191KB, 660x845px) Image search: [Google]
crazygoats011.jpg
191KB, 660x845px
*blocks your path while you're mountain climbing*
>>
File: goat4.jpg (171KB, 620x464px) Image search: [Google]
goat4.jpg
171KB, 620x464px
>>2390068
isn't it weird how there is no footage of them ever safely descending

something's going on...
>>
what do they eat?

moss?
>>
>>2390075
hopes and ambitions
>>
>>2390075
The people that don't make it down.
>>
These always give me anxiety.
Watching videos of them jumping and running away from predators, talk about a leap of faith. Eagles try to knock them off.

>>2390075
Salt or some minerals they lick off the side of cliffs.
>>
>>2390092
don't they just practice escape routes 90% of their waking life until they actually have to utilize them? (i know my rabbit does)
>>
>>2390092
>Eagles try to knock them off
I've seen three - one where it succeeded (in an adult swim stoner sequence), another that took a couple tries and the goat ended up getting away after falling, and one where the goat just straight up stared the eagle down and it fucked off.
>>
it's very interesting, and intuitive that nature has determined the ideal form for rock climbing is goat
>>
>>2390098
From videos I've seen of them, it looks rarer erratic and risky. They do slip up and fall even when not in terror but they're flexible and quick to react to a slip or loose rocks.
I would imagine they would take easier routes if available. Babies jump and play around like mad.

>>2390137
I've seen a few videos. Some success and others not. Don't remember the specific videos or show/documentary their from though either but I remember being impressed by some falls that would kill us but they just got up and bounced away like nothing. Eagles need a good grip to pull them off since the goats/sheep will fight them off.

'goats on dam' brings up this crazy shit.
>>
File: slide_349084_3726705_free.jpg (588KB, 1200x878px) Image search: [Google]
slide_349084_3726705_free.jpg
588KB, 1200x878px
Goats grow on trees
>>
>>2390075
Anything....but apparently they're looking for mineral salts.

Goats on a dam in Italy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0jMzdbEui0
>>
>>2390072
Why are they up there?
>>
>>2391827
To join the mile high club
>>
File: 1493686691930.jpg (26KB, 452x342px) Image search: [Google]
1493686691930.jpg
26KB, 452x342px
>>2390226

>climbing nearly vertical walls or mountains to eat insects and moss you can find literally everywhere

If there's autism in the animal world, these goats have it.
>>
>>2390075
There are a lot of lichens that only grow on rocks.
>>
>>2390203
what kind of fruit is that
>>
>>2390072

I've seen it in person at a zoo. Ibexes. There was a large pretty well vertical wall and log climbing setup in their habitat and they were up and down it all the time. During the whole process it still doesn't look like they should be able to move in the way they do and not ever fall in serious way. A lot of it looks like superb balance and weight distribution, and also the hooves are more dexterous than they look.
>>
>>2390226
I once had my kid brother convinced that mountain goats had a larval stage, where they acted like grubs inside the mountain feeding on gems...
>>
File: iuju.png (380KB, 464x385px) Image search: [Google]
iuju.png
380KB, 464x385px
>>2391913
Actually its genius. Why compete for resources or risk getting preyed on when you are the only animal who can do shit like that
>>
>>2392068
>>>/vp/
>>
>>2392087
it seems like a good idea until a hungry eagle drags your ass to a horrific falling death.
>>
>>2392241
>horrific falling death
Beats the crap out of being eaten alive by a baboon (you know the vid)
>>
>>2391986
Goat
>>
>>2392424
Oh
>>
>>2392068
>mountain goats had a larval stage
the concept alone has me in stitches
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.