[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Old cat suddenly humping

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: cX9Uh.jpg (322KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
cX9Uh.jpg
322KB, 1600x1200px
I've had my cat for 6 years and he was neutered when I adopted him. He's around 8 now and a few day ago he started humping the bed. When I went to push him away he bit and hissed at me. He's done this everyday since and growls when I try to stop him. He had never done anything like this prior. Other than the humping, he is still eating and using his litter tray like normal.

I googled it and the only answer I really found is that it can be a result of a traumatic event. Though I really don't think that's the case here.

Is there any kind of medical problem that causes aggressive humping as a symptom? He had a clean bill of health at his checkup at the start of the year.
>>
>>2389841
Thats his bed. You can have a go when he's done.
>>
Maybe he's just going crazy in his old age?
>>
>>2389841
Your cat has needs that you're not fulfilling.
>>
This is a weird idea but maybe is penis is itchy due to skin disease, or perhaps its a neurological problem. I'd go to a vet to be sure
>>
Maybe he has some sort of tumor or growth in his reproductive area that is now producing lots of male hormones, even though he was neutered year ago?
>>
Have you tried getting a chihuahua to bite his penis every now and then?
>>
>/an/ not realizing that cats can learn how to masturbate.
>>
>>2390374
can confirm. my mate's cat came on me once while I was sitting down. I thought he was just trying to cuddle
>>
>>2390368
You misread OP, he has been neutered at least 6 years.
>>2390374
Honestly it might just be this, my male cat is in fine health and has been humping blankets for years.

I would take your cat to the vet anyway just for a surprise penis inspection day but yeah he probably is just wanking it
>>
>>2390916
I ended up taking him to the vet this morning. They couldn't find anything physically wrong but they are doing some blood tests to make sure there is nothing internal going on.
>>
>>2389872
>old age
>6 years

Cats typically live 15-20 years, he's not old.

It does sound like something is bothering him. Cats do not hump things like dogs do. Go get him checked out by a vet.
>>
>>2391358

Same anon, read now that the cat is 8ish. Still not old age though.
>>
>>2389841
Your cat just decided that after 6 years, someone needed to get some action in your bed
>>
My 5 yr old cat started doing something similar. Except he uses his legs to bundle a blanket into a mound, then mounts it and purrs without moving.

I haven't done anything about it though, cause I find it hilarious to watch
>>
Update: blood tests showed his kidneys aren't functioning properly so it could be a sever UTI or a stuck kidney stone causing him to hump out of discomfort.
>>
>>2392710
poor catto
>>
>>2392710
This is why behaviour changes in pets should be taken seriously.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.