[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do any of you have unneutered adult dogs? How is it? What is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: 20170215_164216.jpg (259KB, 1365x1024px) Image search: [Google]
20170215_164216.jpg
259KB, 1365x1024px
Do any of you have unneutered adult dogs? How is it? What is their temperament like? Have they undergone any alternative impotency procedures (vasectomy, zeuterin)? Tell me all about it.

The idea of neutering seems pretty barbaric to me, considering I treasure my manhood. I'm not comfortable with doing that to my dog, but I also know firsthand how valuable the temperament benefits can be - especially in the early years. So I'm curious to know just how much of an impact neutering really makes.
>>
Dont project on to your dog
>>
>>2389564
my guys act like every other dog. the whole "it makes them calmer" thing doesn't really seem to mean shit unless there's a bitch in heat nearby.

its good in that it prevents unwanted puppies and testicular problems. i don't get it done to mine because i'm a hillbilly and my idea of a pet is just an animal that shows up and decides free food = BFF
>>
>>2389564
I own an intact dog.

If your first thought is to chop a dogs nuts off when it acts out from lack of training then you should not own dogs.
>>
>>2389676
Neutered dogs still go apeshit over a bitch in heat.
The way to control a dog is through consistent trianing and keeping it under control.
Since a neutered dog is not eligible to be run in trials, all of my dogs remain intact until a evidence of a health or personality problem. Neutering disrupts hormonal production, which can increase the likelyhood of developmental and growth disorders like hip dysplasia.

Keep your dog under control and go drill instructor on the idiots who who bring put a hot bitch. They are literally asking for it. The real offense is people who can't control their animals.
>>
>>2389564
I've fostered enough dogs before they were fixed. They don't change personality wise, but you do have to train them not to mark in the house. Also CAN NOT be left outside alone. Any bitch nearby in heat, I discovered, will make them escape or attempt to escape until they hurt themselves. As far as I know, the nearest unspayed bitch is blocks away from my house, a breeder. But people may be walking their dogs closer. You really should always be watching them so you can go out and call them if there is an irresistible bitch out there, my dogs generally don't take long to get recall down and all they need is a quick distraction. You may also get funny looks on walks and you can't bring your dog to many dog events and most dog parks, which kind of sucks but is very understandable. Also you get fined more for a loose dog that's intact. A fixed dog will often require less food because whether it's apparent or not, intact dogs burn a lot of energy trying to fuck. Besides that there really isn't much of a difference.
>>
>>2389763
It's actually illegal in my state to parade your bitch around if she's in heat. I just assumed it was like that everywhere.
>>
my dog was intact for a few years
he always pissed all over himself and intact dog piss smells rank, so he stank, he was horny all the time, and he was impossibly underweight
>>
>>2389763
>Neutered dogs still go apeshit over a bitch in heat.

I'm sure some do but in general no no they don't

Google Zeutering and see if you can find a local vet that will do that instead of regular neutering.
>>
>>2389960
Based.
>>
>>2389973
>Chemically castrate instead...
Don't tell me what to do with my dogs. You want to neuter? Go right ahead. It is in no way beneficial to a well trained working or sporting dog less than 5 or 6 years old. Testosterone is required for brain power and physical endurance. Health deficits and growth abnormalities can result form lack of hormones. I will not succumb to this spay and neuter meme and harm my dogs simply because idiots cannot control their animals.
>>
I /had/ an adult dog that wasn't neutered, and he was great

then I moved in with my family and they were "sick of looking at his balls" so they got him snipped secretly while I was at work

the anger I feel in my heart because of that will never truly subside.
I don't even know how they were able to do it since all his ownership papers are registered to me, but I guess that doesn't matter for some fucking reason and you can just kidnap other peoples animals and have them fixed without the owners consent

anyway he kind of sucks now, it completely ruined his personality. He isn't "calmer" hes' just really fucking annoying and needy as fuck now. He has no independence and is up my ass all day
>>
>>2390009
Maybe you should just kill it if it's so shitty now. Not really worth living anymore
>>
>>2390012
he's a happy dog, I understand doggyship is a mixed bag. I wont abandon him because he was a victim of a crime
>>
>>2389763
>Neutered dogs still go apeshit over a bitch in heat.
Nope nope nope. I have three boys aged 5, 6, and 3. I take them almost everywhere with me and they've met many bitches and done nothing.
>>
>>2389986
Whoa there okay then
>>
>>2390120
How old were they when they were neutered?
>>
>>2389960

You arent allowed bitches in season in public in NZ.
>>
>>2390015
You should let your doggo eat your family, tbqhwylf.
>>
>>2390009
>He isn't "calmer" hes' just really fucking annoying and needy as fuck now. He has no independence and is up my ass all day
this isn't because of the neutering, this is because you uprooted him from his life alone with you to live with your family and dumped him on them to go to work all day. the fact that they "secretly" were able to get the dog neutered while you were away shows how long you're away and not taking care of your dog. he's needy because you're a shitty owner who stopped spending enough time with him, not because he got neutered.
>>
My bud was entirely intact all his life But would have frequent leakages. The vet said this was normal and I can't imagine otherwise given that he was fully endowed and untapped with. He very very scarcely showed aggression but had a tendency to hump his own blankets and bedding often as well as sometimes sofa cushions. He wasn't too serially aggressive around bitches and overall had a very fine nature. We actually kept him intact to preserve his good nature given the probability that neutering could change his character. I don't think you should neuter unless you have animals of both sex in constant close proximity or there's some dysfunction to their genitals that is causing them problems.
>>
>>2390988
Untampered with*
>>
What about pyometra in female dogs? I hear that it's a complication that requires an emergency spay in order to save their lives and the probability of it increases over time. Does anyone have more info on this?
>>
i heard vasectomies are cheaper, and safer. is that true?

also if I get my dog a vasectomy will he still want to fuck things? asking for a friend.
>>
My female dog (a GSP) went into heat twice before I spayed her. I'd never had an intact dog before and her change in behavior was pretty intense. Not to mention the bleeding.

Intact females have a far greater incidence of mammary cancer. And males can be aggressive or prone to wandering, resulting in them getting lost or hit by cars.

I understand the resistance to neutering or spaying, but if you live in an urban area it is the responsible thing to do. And if you own cats you should definitely do it, regardless of urban or rural living.
>>
File: 1408764051115.jpg (20KB, 193x206px) Image search: [Google]
1408764051115.jpg
20KB, 193x206px
>>2391101
do not have sex with dogs
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.