[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't you have a pet crow yet?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

File: 1495606025569.jpg (261KB, 936x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1495606025569.jpg
261KB, 936x1200px
>>
>>2389014
GOTHBOICLIQUE MAKE A HOE SHAKE
>>
That's a raven...
>>
>>2389021
not op but you are correct
also i think crows and ravens destroy shit
>>
Intelligent birds are even more high maintenance then intelligent dogs. If they aren't constantly interacted with or challenged, they grow bored or lonely and destroy fucking everything
>>
>>2389014
Eternal subway sadness
>>
>>2389014
While Russia is probably a good place to not give a shit about everything but still have internets, it has pretty painful laws regarding acquiring citizenship, too complicated for a dying out country to be quite honest.
>>
>>2389014
Why doesn't she have a chin?
>>
>>2389021
Ravens are crows. Checkmate.
>>
>>2389031
>she
>>
>>2389014
That dude needs to cheer up. it can't rain all the time
>>
Would be the perfect pet if that chikkin could lay some breakfast eggs every morning but nooooo.
>>
Bc birb can't sphincter control.
>>
>>2389014
dets a cat
>>
>>2389014
Illegal unless i import them from Africa or are rehabbing them.
>>
>>2389014
>goth... chick? dude? has a pet raven

Poor bird, it's only being used to make its sexually ambiguous owner look more edgy.
>>
>>2389014
I'm kinda taking care of a flock on my balcony.

I have a feeder, water and a bunch of perches - and they seem to understand i'm the guy who fills them up as they don't fly off when i open the door.

they give me random shiny shit that I usually end up tossing - though I keep the bottlecaps.
>>
We don't because of the migratory bird act makes native birds illegal to possess aside from some game birds.
A bird store I used to go to had a raven, though but they might have also been rehabilitators.
>>
What is worse, a crow or an African Grey parrot as far as destructive behavior?
>>
>>2389332
a crow
>>
>>2389014
Because it's unethical to keep something that intelligent in captivity.
>>
>>2389338
>captivity
What captivity when the raven decides to stay because it's cool to be reliably fed and appreciated?
>>
>>2389459
That'd be fine, if you can manage it and the bird is free to go whenever.
>>
>>2389258
>or are rehabbing them.
I see a solution to your problem.
>>
>>2389033
No...
>>
File: corvid_crow_kiss.jpg (3MB, 4140x2808px) Image search: [Google]
corvid_crow_kiss.jpg
3MB, 4140x2808px
I've wanted one ever since I was a kid. Sadly it is illegal in my state.

They are intelligent birds and can even be taught to mimic (speak). Though intelligence can cause problems, like when they still jewelry and horde it away.
>>
>>2389598
inb4 someone makes use of that ability of these birds and gets rich by getting expensive shit flown to his house for free every day
>>
The biggest issue with intelligent birds, is they all get bored really fast.
>>
>>2389028
>it has pretty painful laws regarding acquiring citizenship, too complicated for a dying out country to be quite honest.

Are we thinking of the same Russia?

>learn Russian
>enlist
>get citizenship

>learn Russian
>go to eastern Russia
>get cheap/free land
>get citizenship

>come from English speaking country
>teach English to Russians
>no citizenship, but who cares

I honestly wouldn't mind living in semi rural Russia, the way I grew up is gone and I don't like what they replaced it with, to bad I can't afford to move, I'm sure it exists somewhere.
>>
>>2389607
Dude right here >>2389267 already seems to be well on his way to being a Batman villain.
>>
>>2389014
because you need to look after them 24/7 as babies and I have a full time job

rip my dreams of having a pet crow that sounds like Haunter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxUiciG1SR4
>>
>>2389267
>they give me random shiny shit

THEY KNOW
>>
>>2389014
Testament, don't you have a grove to protect or something?

Also, I don't the space, skills, time or money to take care of an intelligent bird that gets bored easily. I like my books unshredded, thank you very much.
>>
File: corvid_crow_02.jpg (1MB, 3840x2400px) Image search: [Google]
corvid_crow_02.jpg
1MB, 3840x2400px
>>2389811
Find a bunch of crows, feed them something good, and play the recorded laughter of Haunter. Repeat.

Eventually they might laugh back in order to get fed.

(Also, I once came across a story of a crow who sat down on an actual flying eagle and flew around. Thought I kept photo, but can't find it.)
>>
I would love to have one, but it's illegal and I don't really have enough room for a large bird at the time anyways.
>>
>>2390385

your googlefu is weak as fuck, mane
>>
>having them as a pet and keeping them in captivity
It would be much cooler (and easier) to do what >>2389267 is doing.
>>
>edgy goth
>not selfish enough to keep corvid in captivity
One day I'll be able to fence in a huge backyard aviary and can have a pet raven, but it would be cruel to keep one indoors in some little cage. They're clever creatures but you'll be covered in bird shit if you let one just hang out in your living room all the time.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.