[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Found an injured goose

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1495395707119-1546722567.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
1495395707119-1546722567.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
Need a bit of advice, found some kids stomping on an , what appears to be, adolescent goose.

They seem to have badly injured its right leg pretty badly and in my failed attempts to feed it i noticed its behavior.

Its making very short hissing noises or snorts i assume while rapidly lowering and raising its head as it hisses.

It does this within 1 to 3 second intervals and has been doing it for the last hour or so. Planning on taking it to the vet tomorrow,closed today, as i assume maybe they can do something about it, possibly, so i came here to at least get some answers.

Any help or info appreciate i it.
>>
You shot the kids right?
>>
>>2386955

If they were kicking and stomping it the internal injuries and broken bones could be very severe. I wouldn't get my hopes up, there probably isn't anything you'll be able to do for it. Getting it into the hands of a professional the only hope it has.
>>
>>2386955
Humans are truly a demonic plague.
>>
Break their legs with a hammer so their recovery is even more painful. Does that help?
>>
>>2387046
My expectations are low, every time it flicks its head it flicks blood as well. Im hoping it at least survives the night till i can take it to a vet in the morning.

Its still irritated it seems but it ate and deficated a bit.

Honks occasionally so it has a chance.
>>2387106

Most/All living things have cruelty, some just happen to act on it. Granted it was children being stupid, i just hope someone teaches them to not abuse animals, preferably their parents.
>>
What are you feeding it? If it isn't eating, try giving it some sort of grain, if it is in very severe pain, just end it. It might be the only humane thing to do. A sharp knife to the neck should be fine.
>>
Call a local wildlife rehaber. You should be able to find some with a quick Google search if you live in the developed world. That is probably its best bet. Also, you shouldn't feed it bread
>>
Just make sure it has food and water and try to leave it alone and give it as much space as possible till you take it to a vet/wildlife rehab center. If you can, make it a little nest out of a towel so it has a comfy place to rest and pile some blankets around it so it feels somewhat hidden and safer.
>>
>>2387330

do this. keep it dark, quiet, and as warm as you can. One of the most important things with an injured bird is managing its stress, and there really isn't anything else you can do for it anyway
>>
>>2386955
Severe injuries aside, if it is going to live its really important to keep it warm. Ducklings and goslings chill easily. Also, don't feed it bread or anything that isn't a very finely mashed/crumbled grain. They need grit to help with digesting anything bigger than that and bread is bad for them anyway. Make sure it always has access to water but not too deep or open so it can fall in and drown especially given how messed up this one is. Good luck please post an update when you can.
>>
>>2386955
Something similar to this happened rear me some kids were attacking a dog and five seconds later police arrive and doggo is taken to Moscow shelter
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.