[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Japanese spider crabs are scary look at their legs, on the other

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 600x315-1414167920.jpg (26KB, 600x315px) Image search: [Google]
600x315-1414167920.jpg
26KB, 600x315px
Japanese spider crabs are scary look at their legs, on the other hand more crab meat, has anyone here ever seen one of these irl?
>>
For what evolutionary purpose do they need such long legs?
>>
>>2386835
When those babies lift up their dresses, they can hitchike on the highway like motherfuckers.
>>
>>2386835
Not everything in nature is explained by evolutionary pressures.

I had a professor who would point this out and make sure everyone would get this point whenever someone asked what you did. I'm pretty sure most people even my classmates can't get why. It can be the result of random genetic drift for one, or maybe an actual gene that is being selected due to environmental pressures is linked to other gene that has no effect on the fitness of the individual so it sticks around even though it isn't needed.
>>
>>2386692
Hope I never do.
The ocean has so much stuff evolved to fuck your shit up.
>>
>>2386692
Yep, visited my cousin in japan and went to an aquarium that hand a tank full of them. They're pretty cool, a bunch of them were lazing about sitting on some support pipes.

I chuckled at the big sign outside that said "You meet whale!" I thought it was cute, like we couldnt visit without meeting the whale
>>
>>2387153
You sure it was 'meet' and not 'eat'?
>>
>>2386692
Yeah, I saw some at an aquarium a few years ago. Didn't move around much, but I guess they need to conserve energy.
>>
File: 1468706803811s.jpg (3KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1468706803811s.jpg
3KB, 125x125px
>>2386848
>>
>>2386692
My favorite boss battle from the original Half-Life.
>>
>>2386692
The Oregon aquarium has a huge tank of them. They're pretty surreal in real life, and cool to watch.
>>
>>2386692
looks like that dude is fugging the crab
>>
>>2386835
>t. Manlet
>>
>>2386692
This crab is a scavenger
Quiet
>>
>>2387153
>Armed goons grab you by each arm and drag you into the whale room, while an official verifies that you met the whale and can now leave
>>
>>2387360
Which aquarium? Newport? I'll have to go check them out if that's the case. Just got back from Tillamook so it'll be a while but Newport's on my list of places to go this summer, hopefully.
>>
>>2386692
Oh man can i but theor giant legs at some sort of japanese fishmarket or something? Really wanna break open and eat those bad boys
>>
Them and hippos were my first OTP because their legs are always described as 'long enough to hug a hippo'.
>>
>>2386877
Sexual selection. Size matters.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.