[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone identify this animal?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: Fisher_(animal).jpg (22KB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
Fisher_(animal).jpg
22KB, 360x270px
So I was sitting at my dining room table in front of a big glass sliding door and I saw this long animal, similar to the one in the picture attached.

I thought it was a wolverine at first, but Wikipedia reports they don't live around here. I'm between Albany NY and NYC geographically. The picture attached is a fisher cat, but it looks bigger than plenty of the pictures that Google spits back at me.
>>
>>2385317
I should probably make it more clear, in that I'm in a wooded area pretty far away from any remotely biggish city.
>>
>>2385317
bigfoot larva
>>
>>2385317
funnelweb spider
>>
File: fever.jpg (26KB, 624x351px) Image search: [Google]
fever.jpg
26KB, 624x351px
Hi,

So I have a 15 year old domestic short hair that has had anal gland problems since I adopted him 14 years ago. He is now straining in the litter box unable to defecate. He'll try and then give up and his butt will be poking out and then he'll puke and try again and usually it passes.

I've been to the vet and there's no abdominal obstruction. He is slightly dehydrated but still within normal range. I give him raw food because he has pancreatitis and dry food makes him puke. I've tried at least a dozen different fibre/stool supplements but none seem to work. (Pumpkin, psyllium husk, various health food and drug store types, hair ball chews, olive oil... )

He puked four times last night (he always pukes twice in a row) and was straining and gave up and wanted to lie down and I petted him and he was growling at me and then went again and puked more and then walked around upset and then went again and was able to pass.

He scoots a lot and sometimes has plugged anal glands but not always. They are not infected.

I have no idea what to do and the vet has nothing else but very expensive tests/x ray/ultrasounds that I'm not able to afford.

Any ideas?
>>
>>2385361
holy fuck, I'm sorry, I thought I was on the main page.
>>
>>2385368
No, this is the right thread.
>>
>>2385317
Probably an otter op
>>
a marten
>>
>>2385507
Martens are much smaller than fishers

It may have been an otter
>>
Within a half mile of river stream or creek?
Mink.
>>
>>2385577
Wait what. The animal was bigger than the pictures?
An otter is about 4 or more feet long. And waddles as it walks. A mink is 15" and fast as a cat.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.