[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What happens at the pound

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 20170515_093203.jpg (3MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170515_093203.jpg
3MB, 3264x1836px
Anyone know about Animal control in the US? Animal control came and picked up my neighbors dog (finally). What happens to him after that dog is hoisted up into that crate and driven away to animal control? How long do they hold him? How long til they get a citation? Does it come by mail or do they call them somehow? What happens if the owners do not pay the fine to bail him out? Does he go up for adoption? Can my psychopath of a neighbor adopt him again?
>>
>>2384633
Varies by county, sometimes even by city

Around here, if there is no ID, they are held for 2 weeks and then put down. Maybe for adoption if they are young and cute.
>>
>>2384636
He's a gorgeous dark sable German shepherd, young, maybe a year old. I doubt they'll put him down. He was mouthy with me but not to the point of intentional aggression.
>>
>>2384642
It depends on who the board of director at the local shelter. Our county shelter was run by a group that was outed as bonafide, card carrying PeaFags. They wouldn't let your neighbor have his dog back. May require neutered, fines, etc.
A shelter will have policy that specifies if dog will be euthanized if not claimed or adopted within a set time period.
Deviations to policy depend on adoptability of the individual, e.g. age, health, breed, temperament.
Most shelters euthanize by injection although I've heard rumors of gas chambers. As recently as 20 years ago, a nearby county facility (rural) used a cattle bolt. They may still.
>>
Where I live they are taken in, hosed down with a fire hose and then tortured for about four weeks. The central nervous system is then hooked up to the pain machine till they need the area in which they are sold off to be eaten.
>>
>>2384652
>tortured for about four weeks
what for?
>>
>>2384655
They sell the footage and it pays to keep the lights on.
>>
>>2384633
>What happens to him after that dog is hoisted up into that crate and driven away to animal control?
If they are friendly, they are given a bordetella vac., dewormer and flea/tick meds. They are then put in their own cage (usually, very poor areas may have groups cages), given full access to water and are fed at the next feeding time, or if they just missed feeding time they are fed right away.

>How long do they hold him?
Depends on the county. No less than 3 days. Where I am at, a dog without a confirmed owner is held 7 days to give the owner a chance to find out where their dog is if we couldn't contact them, and when they get back to us we give them 10 days. If owner was contacted, they are given 10 days to retrieve the dog with the cash for the fines and the proper paperwork all filled out. Dogs on bite holds stay quarantined 10 days, which also makes up for their stray hold. On rare occasions, dogs that are incredibly ill may be humanely euthanized.

>How long til they get a citation?
Do you mean a fine for the loose dog? If they know the owners, it should be immediate. Otherwise they will have to look for the owners; uually the owners will try to claim their dog and there will be a fine paywall up keeping them from getting their dog back. From there they have to get paperwork done and pay the fines at city hall.. Some people don't ever get fined if they never come retrieve their dog.

> Does it come by mail or do they call them somehow?
Sometimes it is done in person if ACO had to find the person, or if owners were present during the seizure. But much of the time regrading loose dogs, they will reach a paywall in retrieving their dog, and that is how they will get the fine - they will get the papers either at the shelter or at city hall and pay the fines there. Otherwise I imagine it would come by mail.
>>
>>2384702
>What happens if the owners do not pay the fine to bail him out?
One of two things; He will be adopted out or euthanized. Generally the dog will go through a behavior test. If it passes that it will go to a medical exam. If it passes that, it goes out to adoption. Failing either of the tests would either mean a longer time at the shelter, going out to foster/rescue, or euthanasia. Sometimes dogs are instantly euthanized based on age, appearance, etc because of space issues.

> Does he go up for adoption?
If they find him adoptable (see above) then yes.

>Can my psychopath of a neighbor adopt him again?
Depends on what the fine was for. A loose dog, for example, he could probably just pay a fine and get him back. For something like abuse or neglect, the dog would be placed as evidence, and the judge will decide if the owners get to keep their animal if the owners don't surrender them. Shelters do have a black list of people to not adopt out to, however they could get friends to adopt the dog out for them.
>>
>>2384702
>>2384713
Thank you for the most (only) informative, helpful reply I've ever gotten from /an/. Thanks for answering all of my questions perfectly. The dog is a great dog, he just does not get along with other alphas and is roaming loose, has gotten into a few fights, got hit by a car, terrorizes the neighbors cats and does what doggos do. His owner is either drunk, high, or crazy at all times. I can't figure her out, she's impossible to talk to, she's definitely in a dark path. Her house is rumored to be foreclosing because she never pays her dues, she just lost custody of her daughters, among other seemingly juicy but truly boring neighborhood drama.

I hope at the very least that he gets neutered. It's not even her dog, it's her boyfriend's.
>>
>>2384651
Hopefully they are strict about the fines. I doubt they'll put him down.
>>
>>2384753
Congrats asshole, you sentenced that dog to death. Hopefully someone calls animal control on any pets you may have so that they may be put down also.
>>
>>2384919
there's literally nothing wrong with getting rid of neighborhood nuisances
>>
>>2384919
Lol this must be bait or you misunderstand because you're an idiot.

First of all, this dog is so gorgeous he'll get adopted in a heartbeat if they don't have the money to claim him.
Secondly and less important to you, just the extra back story because I'm on my break and bored.
This dog attacked one of my dogs and almost got me. I've given him back to my crazy neighbor countless times without calling animal control, I just ask her to not let him run loose. She terrorizes her adjacent neighbors, told one of them she hoped her dog would attack her. This dog picked up a small dog that was being walked and shook and tossed it in the air, he's been hit by cars, I could go on and on. I've been dealing with her for over a year now. She has never seen any of my dogs off leash, I've seen her's almost weekly, sometimes daily. I can't leave my house without encountering this dog. I'm a small person walking one or two big dogs, pretty much incapable of defending myself or my dogs whenever he comes charging down the street to rip my dog's throats out. I can't leave my house without a good chance that me or my dogs will be attacked by her or her dog. I can't even walk a few steps to put them in the car so I can walk them somewhere different and safer because he runs to meet us at my fucking door, dude. I can't walk my dogs alone at any time of day or night. I can't even use my yard. Literally everyone with a dog in my street feels the same.

I feel neither pride nor shame about it. It is what it is and it's the only thing I could legally do. Thanks for wasting your time and mine with your idiocy. I hope you're bait and there's nobody this retarded out there.

>>2384922
Thought so. Just worried about her crazy ass coming after us.

I should mention we don't live in the hood. This is not customary.

Also, update! He is now on the county animal control website, picture, ID number, description, and all. They adopt them out after 7 to 10 days if they're good boys.
>>
>>2384753
I worked at shelters so I get excited whenever I get to talk about it.

Look up the shelter that animal control takes the animals to. They should have a website that says what they do for all of their adoptable animals. Also you can call the shelter and give them a heads up on this woman, they may end up putting her on a black list. However there will be issues if she claims it's not her dog; the bf would have to pick the dog up and pay the fine, she won't be able to do it without some kind of formal permission.
>>
>>2384633

You're a piece of shit. Kill yourself.
>>
>>2384979
The behavioral issues really hurt his chances of making it to adoption; nobody wants to be the place that gives out a dog that mauls someone, no matter how pretty it is.
>>
>>2385014
Learn to read.
>>2385017
Not my problem. If he doesn't pass their behavioral tests then he won't get to possibly maul another dog every again.
Also, this place has kept pitbulls up for adoption that were brought in since February, so that's a good sign for him.
>>2384991
I told them the story and they've talked to her before so hopefully they know better.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.