[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to have a dog, but I'm afraid of mistreating it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 14254862156985.jpg (111KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
14254862156985.jpg
111KB, 1024x768px
Suppose I have to leave a dog alone 9 hours a day, would having another dog be enough to make it company?
>>
Do you expect it to hold it's piss/shit in he entire time?

For a puppy or young dog I'd say it's not fair but most old dogs probably wouldn't give a fuck. Still there's the issue of it needing the bathroom.
>>
>>2384055
It would just piss on the lawn?
It's not like they would stay inside my house. Or are you saying that's what I should do?
>>
>>2384050
Just get a cat.
>>
>>2384064
Are you planning on making it exclusively an outside dog, or an inside dog with a doggie door?
>>
>>2384073
They can get inside anytime while I'm home, but otherwise they stay outside.
Man, that's really not the point of the thread, I just wanted to know if two dogs won't feel lonely by themselves.
>>
>>2384081
Well if you leave it in a yard all day it will probably be a bored, lonely asshole, barking at everything that moves, pissing off your neighbors. That's how people end up with poisoned pets
>>
>>2384081
>>2384091
Can confirm. Neighbors have a flock (9-10 dogs) of incest mutts that they leave outside 24/7. Dogs constantly run out of their broken fence and chase cars going down the dirt road we live on. I no longer slow down and neither do any of my neighbors. It's pretty sad but one of the dogs was dragging its legs, I can only assume it had been run over. That dog "disappeared" a few days later.

>inb4 call aspca
I've called them three times, they never do anything because the dogs have food/water and a dog igloo to sleep in.
>>
OP is sending mixed signals. What is your plan for the living situation to be if you were to get a dog?
>>
>>2384091
My dog is an absolute asshole with this. My grandma has a neighbour a few gardens down that always leaves his dog outside, all fucking day long. If it's outside (sometimes the owner's there, so it's in), my dog barks just once, and the other dog gets turbotriggered and barks for half an hour nonstop. My dog looks at me happily and just goes to play in the garden as if the other dog didn't exist. Sometimes she even goes back inside right away. What a dick.
>>
>>2384050
Maybe depends on the breed and age of dog.
My parents have an old rescue greyhound that's, well, it's not alone for 8 hours straight but I don't think it would particularly care if it was.
If you had the dedication to take them for a walk before you left for work and played with them / showered them in attention when you were home they might be okay.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.