[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Buying a Fish

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

Hi /an/,
I want a fucking fish.
I've never looked after an animal before but I think owning a fish would be cool.
What should I know about looking after fish? Preferably a low maintenance, weird looking one.

Optionally, I would like a carnivore fish, or fish that I can feed other smaller fish. That would be crazy.

I love horrible, ugly looking fish.
Pic related is my dream fish, the goblin shark, that I would adopt if I was rich enough to own an aquarium that could sufficiently look after this beast.

Thanks! :-)
>>
>>2382958
weak bait
>>
>>2382961
What's bait about this?
Sorry man, not bait.
>>
There's an aquarium thread somewhere on here, and they're a lot more helpful about this kinda stuff if you're serious. I wasn't into fish at all until I read through the thread and saw other people's set ups. Good luck
>>
>>2382963
Ah cool, thanks man
>>
amphibians are better
>>
File: ra Ranchu goldfish 3.jpg (46KB, 710x533px) Image search: [Google]
ra Ranchu goldfish 3.jpg
46KB, 710x533px
Deformed black goldfish are ugly but cute enough to show them off. Don't let the bishbowl meme get you though, they pee a lot and need a huge aquarium to be able to buffer that pee in their breathing space without getting health problems.
>>
>>2382963
/aq/ fucking sucks. I frequent it and it truly sucks. For beginners especially, it's wildly unhelpful and obnoxious and there's still people in that thread who think putting a goldfish in a bowl is okay.
I mean, you won't be taken seriously anywhere OP, but you should Join the fishlore forum. They'll help you out. I really don't think fish are the pet that you're looking for.
>>
>>2382973
Nice one. A fish like this is exactly what I'm talking about, these things are so interestingly weird.
>>2382971
Amphibians are alright, but fish are so much more interesting in my opinion. Most land creatures are just fucking boring, four legs and a head bla bla bla, but some fish have evolved REAL fucked up to survive, they are so interesting to me.
>>2382976
Thanks for the tips, I'll probably take a look.
>>
>>2383073
Goldfish would be a good choice. They're pretty neat and the fucked up fancy goldfish do fine in 40-50 gallon tanks. They're also extremely difficult kill, and it sounds like you're going to need a fish that can handle some retardation. Look into solid gold aquatics on youtube.
Also: Don't even think about getting fish until you understand the nitrogen cycle. If you don't have a shitload of money to burn up front, don't think about getting fish. Aquaculture is a horrendously expensive hobby and the learning curve is very steep. Goldfish also have pretty long lifespans, so you have to be ready to commit to that.
>>
If you're looking into wierd goldfish celestials or bubble eyes might catch your attention, just don't put anything sharp in their tank. Ranchus and pearlscales are more conventionally cute if you want to look into that.
As for another options, crayfish are easy to keep and you can feed them life/dead fish. Dwarf puffers are a bit harder to keep but they're tiny fucking puffer fish and you need to feed them live snails and frozen/live worms. They don't need large tanks
Also forgot the name but there's a variety of eyeless fish which I think could give you a bit of that deep sea feel you're looking for.
I can give care advice on all three of any catch your fancy, eyeless one you'll have to check yourself though
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.