[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this a brown recluse? Scared shitless right now.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_3179.jpg (811KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3179.jpg
811KB, 3264x2448px
Is this a brown recluse? Scared shitless right now.
>>
Why do people still come here to identify spiders? Of course it's a brown recluse. It's always a brown recluse. If you have to ask, its a brown recluse.
>>
>>2381947
How the absolute unholy fuck do you expect anyone to tell you what that fucking thing is with your grainy ass picture taken with your 1999 cereal box contest ass camera?

But no, it's not a recluse. Body shape's wrong.
>>
Looks like a huntsman. They hunt in packs. It was nice knowing ya m8
>>
>>2381958
Lol nice meme
>>
File: idiotsandwich.gif (1MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
idiotsandwich.gif
1MB, 500x281px
Its just a fucking spider. Calm your shit and leave it alone.
>>
>>2381970
M8 I live in the adirondacks. Not riskin it for the buiscit.
>>
>>2381974
just roll up a newspaper if you're that nervous about it you fucking pussy

t. aussiefag
>>
File: image.jpg (1011KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1011KB, 3264x2448px
>Imma catch it and set it free b/c pacifist faggot
>>
>>2381981
>that fucking contraption

Just get a fucking bowl or pot you retard
>>
Giant house spider, common and harmless.
>>
>>2381981
jesus christ who are you, mr bean?
just get a fucking tupperware dude
>>
>>2381981
OH MY LORD
>>
>>2381947
I have them in my house (not that big of a deal, actually), and the body shape definitely looks like that of a brown recluse. Get closer and see if it has a violin pattern on its "head", with the scroll pointing toward its "butt". If yes, it's probably a recluse.

I've heard other spiders can also have the fiddle pattern, but have never found such species.

The most surefire way to identify a brown recluse is by its eyes. They have 6, instead of 8. But I've never been able to see that well, and doubt you can either.

Kill it, clean your house (wearing jeans, shoes, a long-sleeved shirt, and gloves) to reduce its habitat, and place glue traps. It's breeding season, so the males are out. They're active from about May to October. Once a structure has them, it pretty much has them forever unless you fumigate.

But really, they're not that bad. They're called recluses for a reason. They're very shy and rarely leave their nests. Just make an effort to kill some and clean your house of clutter.
>>
File: brown_recluse1-XL_AlexWild.jpg (111KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
brown_recluse1-XL_AlexWild.jpg
111KB, 1024x683px
>>2382254
The violin marking can nearly be indescernible or faded, if you're close enough to see the "trademark" violin just see how many eyes it has, recluse and the family loxosceles share a feature of six eyes. Recluse have them arranged in pairs of two in three groups.
>>
File: 1479901627409.png (128KB, 352x398px) Image search: [Google]
1479901627409.png
128KB, 352x398px
>>2381981
>>
>>2382104
I fucking died
holy shit
>>
>>2382104
>are you Mr. Bean
>>
>>2381981
Tie it to a balloon and let it go freeeee
>>
>>2381947

Those things bit me all the time as a kid, gives you a small black scab of necrotized flesh, but otherwise harmless. About half as bad as a wasp bite.
>>
>>2383133
don't do this it kills fish
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.