[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Pet Food

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: orijen-pet-food-austin.png (249KB, 1090x1126px) Image search: [Google]
orijen-pet-food-austin.png
249KB, 1090x1126px
I know Orijen is often held as the top-tier gold standard of pet food. What is its wet food equivalent?
>>
why does their cat food not have taurine added? is every ounce of meat going into it raw? it doesn't say it is.
>>
>>2381490
Wouldn't the canned version be the canned equivalent of Orijen?

Also how bad is it to feed a cat dry food in the morning and wet food at night? I have 2 cats that I was feeding canned food only, but they were eating 2 cans a day and may need more. So I started cutting it with dry food, but the whole reason I got them on canned in the first place is because I didn't want them eating dry food for health things.
>>
>>2381490

Orijen wet.
Loved Orijen but my dogs digestive systems didn't.
Tried for nearly a year but it was farts and liquid shit galore.
Given my one dog has ibs I thought he'd really benefit but he didn't. They get Good Natured (cheap holistic) w/ raw supplement. Usually some liver and ground beef or chicken. My parents still sadly live by Blue Buffalo and that's all they feed their dog and can't find out why it's pink as hell and always bloated.
>>
>>2381499
That's just it. Orijen doesn't sell canned food. Or at least, I've never seen it for sale.
>>
Wild Calling
Weruva
Koha
Nature's Variety Instinct
>>
I don't know how it is with dog food, but I know with cat nutrition, any dry cat food can only be ok tier at best. Because cats need water in their food, they don't chew their food properly (hence why cats will often vomit dry food), they should have very few carbs in their diet and have mostly protein (dry food needs carbs to maintain shape), dry food can never be the best for cats.

Is dog food like that too? Is wet dog food generally better than dry dog food?
>>
Wet food has the advantage of added moisture, which is always more healthy, but some canned foods can be just as bad as dry foods as far as carb content. When looking for a healthy wet food, look for one that is 20% carbs as a maximum
>>
File: IMG_20170514_141353_354.jpg (1MB, 1836x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170514_141353_354.jpg
1MB, 1836x1836px
>>2381490

Raw diet???

Orijen and Acana are still full of fruit and vege shit dogs do not need. Its ok if you dont want to feed raw but dont get on a high horse and try and justify a high end processed pet food as just as good or better than a biologically correct raw diet. My dogs shits were absolutely revolting when he was on Acana. I havent been able to feed a raw diet these last 3 weeks so have been using a mutton/salmon/possum mix with some grain in it to keep it free flow when frozen and acts as fibre for the digestion. When I do feed raw I do not add fibre, the dogs will take what they need from vegetation around the property.
>>
>>2381512
Try Acana. It's the same owners as Orijen but that kibble is less caloric and a bit less rich in meat. My dog handles it just fine, Orijen gave her diarrhea too.
>>
>>2381612
That's what I was thinking, Orijen really isn't that great. I mean it's very good compared to gravy train but definitely not the best even for processed food
>>
Premium dog food is a meme. There's no evidence that dogs who eat premium food vs regular food live longer or have fewer health problems. If there was evidence behind the claims that these marketing teams make, I would believe the claims.
>>
>>2381535
My vet told me that dry food >>> wet food for dogs. Dogs need to gnaw constantly to prevent tooth problems and wet food doesn't allow that.
>>
>>2381729
Master race solution is to feed your dog raw bones.
>>
>>2381612
9/10

great troll: the reader is pulled into the post and kept there with excellent writing.

almost took this b8 myself

also op I fed my dog acana and it was such a mistake. I went with honest kitchen and haven't been happier.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.