[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't you like pitbulls, /an/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 42

File: 20170410_145740.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170410_145740.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
Why don't you like pitbulls, /an/?
>>
File: eyes.jpg (3KB, 210x230px) Image search: [Google]
eyes.jpg
3KB, 210x230px
>>2381298
Do you like pitbulls besides ours?
>>
File: 1463110131255.jpg (103KB, 639x1026px) Image search: [Google]
1463110131255.jpg
103KB, 639x1026px
>>2381298
>>
But I like pitbulls, they're cute as puppies.
>>
But I do OP. Now stop being a faggot.
>>
>>2381441
made me kek, but pitbulls have been bread in to lap dogs that wriggle when they play.
>>
File: this is why.jpg (21KB, 475x355px) Image search: [Google]
this is why.jpg
21KB, 475x355px
>>2381298
Oh, I dunno...
>>
I like dogs with long fur better and their tails are weapons of mass destruction.
>>
>>2381298

I don't understand the bitching from both sides, it seems like they both take to the extremes of their arguments. Pitbulls may not bite more than other dogs, or so much more that it matters, but when they do you're fucking wrecked and that's the point. I feel like the breed should be phased out. But that doesn't mean murdering every pitbull alive, just make pure breeds illegal. Pitbull fags don't seem to realize that a dog is generally just gonna be a dog, you can get whatever breed and be happy. You're not committing some cruelty or "genocide" by moving away from pits.
>>
File: Pit Bull (2).jpg (126KB, 736x977px) Image search: [Google]
Pit Bull (2).jpg
126KB, 736x977px
I like them
>>
File: Pit Bull (1).jpg (53KB, 500x365px) Image search: [Google]
Pit Bull (1).jpg
53KB, 500x365px
>>
>>
File: petplace19cut.jpg (81KB, 500x409px) Image search: [Google]
petplace19cut.jpg
81KB, 500x409px
>>
>>2381967
Tenpenny was right about her kind all along...
>>
File: 220px-Bullterier_089_LM.jpg (8KB, 220x196px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Bullterier_089_LM.jpg
8KB, 220x196px
Apart from the extreme bursts of violence (most likely caused by some form of shitty care) they're ok doggos.

Bull Terriers, on the other hand, I have a seething anger for.
>>
File: chihuahua or muffin.jpg (72KB, 630x706px) Image search: [Google]
chihuahua or muffin.jpg
72KB, 630x706px
>>2382015
Take a long walk off a short cliff, smoothskin.
>>
>it's another pitbull apologists try to damage control their objectively shit breed by posting cherry picked "cute" images thread
>>
>>2382035
As opposed to an anti-pitbull nazi pushing their narrative with cherry picked images of "le murder dog"?
>>
>>2382016
Bull terriers are FAR more docile and trustworthy in the hands anybody who has even just lived with any kind of dog. You that them because they look scary and you are a pussy or you were attacked by one because it was owned by a cunt or you were being a cunt.
>>
I bet there are few people here that have actually been bitten but if you saw once how much of a beating those dogs need to stop attacking someone, you will know why breeding them further is a bad idea.
>>
>>2382090
Pit bulls make up only 6% of the dog population, but they’re responsible for 68% of dog attacks and 52% of dog-related deaths since 1982. you can say i cherry picked that statistic, but it wont make it any less true. this is a dangerous breed.
>>
File: Pit Bull (3).jpg (43KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
Pit Bull (3).jpg
43KB, 500x667px
>>2382098
>egg head
>looks scary
nigger you what? They are one of the least intimidating dogs while being one of the more aggressive prone dogs
>>
File: Pit Bull (4).jpg (88KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Pit Bull (4).jpg
88KB, 600x600px
>>
File: Pit Bull (5).jpg (212KB, 600x783px) Image search: [Google]
Pit Bull (5).jpg
212KB, 600x783px
>>
File: Pit Bull (7).jpg (119KB, 750x767px) Image search: [Google]
Pit Bull (7).jpg
119KB, 750x767px
>>
I named my Pitbull Babyface after her favorite snack.
>>
>>2381999
Trips of truth.
>>
File: Pit Bull (6).jpg (138KB, 600x783px) Image search: [Google]
Pit Bull (6).jpg
138KB, 600x783px
>>
File: Pit Bull (8).jpg (136KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Pit Bull (8).jpg
136KB, 1280x720px
>>
File: biting booth.jpg (69KB, 628x316px) Image search: [Google]
biting booth.jpg
69KB, 628x316px
>>
File: Pit Bull (11).jpg (105KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
Pit Bull (11).jpg
105KB, 640x640px
>>
>>2382223
>pissing off your dog for "le funny photoes!!!"
People like that deserve getting mauled
>>
They're my least favorite breed of dog

Guess what kind of dog my wife talked me into adopting....

..anyway, despite my dislike of them, it's not because of their reputation. Because they get that reputation because they had extremely shitty owners. I don't really care for them because I don't think they're really cute.

I've had people tell me my dog is beautiful (she's a pit bull/ terrier mix with blue eyes) and I am just like " bitch, we talking about the same animal?"

Then again, I prefer cats anyway... Dogs are just...stupid stupid animals
>>
File: Pit Bull (12).jpg (79KB, 505x503px) Image search: [Google]
Pit Bull (12).jpg
79KB, 505x503px
>>
File: Pit Bull (14).jpg (61KB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
Pit Bull (14).jpg
61KB, 700x394px
>>2382262
It could actually just be 'smiling'. Some dogs just bare their teeth when they get over excited. Dals are actually known for it
>>
File: Pit Bull (13).jpg (79KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
Pit Bull (13).jpg
79KB, 750x500px
>>
File: 1488674102824.png (301KB, 262x471px) Image search: [Google]
1488674102824.png
301KB, 262x471px
>>2381298
>be dog
>hear noise
>BAR-BAR-BAR-WOOF WOOF WOOF
cats are the superior pet
>>
Former Pitbull apologist here. Do not feel the breed needs to be destroyed entirely, but the breed does need some SERIOUS effort to tone down their aggression. When they snap, they fucking snap and that should not be tolerated from any breed. BYB have damaged the breed but it is not beyond repair yet. Just need to figure out a way to curb the BYB and give incentive for breeders to get the breed back to its friendly disposition.
>>
How does one find pitbulls cute? I swear only the mentally ill can find such beast like creature to be adorable.
>>
I've had three different pitbulls throughout my life and never had problems with any of them. They were great loving dogs. So I personally like them
>>
File: Pit Bull (15).jpg (89KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Pit Bull (15).jpg
89KB, 1024x768px
>>
File: Pit Bull (16).jpg (56KB, 625x625px) Image search: [Google]
Pit Bull (16).jpg
56KB, 625x625px
>>
File: Pit Bull (17).jpg (18KB, 236x314px) Image search: [Google]
Pit Bull (17).jpg
18KB, 236x314px
>>
File: Pit Bull (18).jpg (12KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
Pit Bull (18).jpg
12KB, 236x236px
>>
File: Pit Bull (19).jpg (36KB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
Pit Bull (19).jpg
36KB, 700x394px
>>
>>2382455
That's not a pitbull, the snout's too long.
>>
>>2382460
And this is a boxer, are you people stupid?
>>
>>2382466
Methinks the resident idjit who thinks and/or claims his lab is a pitbull is approaching subtlety.
>>
>>2382210
Your mother named you Dick for the same reason
>>
>>2382467
they're superior anyway
>>
>>2381298

Breeds are a social construct.

I have a pit bull mix and she's very sweet and has a gentle heart. She isn't very pit, and everyone loves her. She loves everyone too. She goes everywhere with me and often makes people's day. It's good to see.
>>
>>2382645

Bite force and ignoring pain aren't social constructs bitch.
>>
>>2382466
>>2382467
To be fair, they are considered pit bulls. I'm surprised you didn't mention >>2382223 which are obviously not pit bulls but can be considered pit bulls.
>>
>>2382656

I guess other dog breeds don't have mouths.
>>
>>2382661

That's like saying my mouth is the same as an alligators.
>>
>>2382667

People don't mess with alligators but people sure do mess with dogs. The kids next door to me were out with their (non pitbull) dog and it was too big for them to control. The dog would pull at the leash because it wasn't trained not to and the girl holding the leash just smacked him on the face. She just fucking smacked him.

Dogs don't like certain things and since pitbulls are dogs they kind of fall under that, huh? You strike at something or make something uncomfortable enough it'll defend itself. Crazy, I know. See, people don't give a shit about that and then wonder why they get attacked or a dog lashes out. "I WAS ONLY HUGGING IT" they'll say, or something similar.

They deserve it. The dog should be able to rip the shits to shreds.
>>
>>2382667
You're right. Pitbulls have the weaker jaw strength compared to most dogs that were tested. So most other dogs are like alligators
>>
>>2382670
I'm not some insecure cuntwad who needs an epic manly dog but the one thing that bothers me about taking my dog out in public is that if some little piece of shit kid hit him I'm 99% sure he wouldn't defend himself.

Admittedly I wouldn't want him to because he'd end up getting put down thanks to """""""""concerned parents"""""""" but kids who constantly fuck with animals with no repercussions need to be taught a lesson.
>>
>>2382675

Neither am I. I chose her because she interested me when we went to the puppy rescue to look. Not because I needed some rough and gruff dog to look manly (although I have been told she is a manly looking dog which made me laugh).

Parents and kids are shit. I instantly hate anyone who just casually abuses animals.
>>
>>2382677

This is actually how I got my first dog. My cousins tormented their generic yellow medium-sized mutt when I was over at their place and I talked to their parents about it and got basically "kids will be kids".

Evidently, the dog put up with it all until one day one of the kids put their face down near his bowl when he was eating, and he finally snapped. Kid needed 3 stitches in his face and they were talking about putting the dog down, but I offered to take him and they gave him to me.

He was a good dog and not even actually food aggressive (I took him to a certified veterinary behaviorist to make sure) but he only made about 4 more years before kidney failure struck.
>>
>>2382677
>>2382675

I'll grant you that people are shit but how are you going to justify it when it tears into another innocent dog like a beagle unprovoked.
>>
>>2382698

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxSdm_eibJg

he was a good boy, he didn't do nothin
>>
>>2382698

My dog has been in two separate attacks so far and they've always been against her. They were also boxers, oddly enough. She's extremely friendly. Aggressively so to other people, which is always a challenge to keep her calm so they can give her affection. Some don't care and love it that she's super excited and happy.

But yeah, the two attacks she has been on the receiving side of have involved me pulling her back as fast as I could once it happened. 99% of the time when she is around something else in close proximity I am kneeling down with my hand loosely on her harness (mostly in case she wants to jump on a kid because she is 50 lbs of muscle) and when she was attacked the first time I grabbed it and pulled her back. It was at Petsmart, so it wasn't just a random thing. The second time was at a local pet store and she was vicious for a second when attacked but I pulled her back then too and had my hand against her chest holding her like that. She was done immediately once she realised I had control of the situation. Boxers are assholes.

I think my entire point is that if she tears out the throat of an innocent dog I will be extremely, extremely surprised. She literally likes everything with legs, and that includes the table she chewed on when she was teething as a puppy. She still is a puppy too. In fact, she turns one today.

>>2382689

That had a depressing end.
>>
>>2382108
now give me the % of those attacking dogs that were currently or previously (shelter) owned by niggers/spics
>>
>>2382106
This.

Roommate and her bf got a pitbull, I said to them, "I have been mauled before, I hate dogs, I will not come out around one." But they kept pushing it, "oh she's a sweet heart, she doesn't bark and wouldn't hurt a baby," kept saying I don't care. Scared of dogs, no. They set me up though. I texted her one evening, "is the dog in your room? I want to cook dinner." She said yes, the dog is in her room. Opened the door and guess what? They fucking release her and she stand there for a second before bolting towards my door - I shut the door before she can reach me, she's barking and growling hysterically and all I hear is SMACK POUND POUND SMACK repeatedly, scratching at my door and throwing herself at it. They eventually get her to calm down, but the minute I poke my head out she starts seething again and clamps onto the boyfriend's arm. She won't let go, and is now tossing her head back and forth. The neighbor, only other male around, had to come downstairs and try to pry the dog's mouth open. Took about ten minutes but eventually she let go. The boyfriend had to go to the hospital for stitches. Roommate insists it's because I "stared at her too long." Nigger please, you just adopted a bastard dog. I don't trust any dog, let alone pit bulls. Funnily enough the roommate woudldnt get rid of the dog, and it tried to eat her bird.

The bf refuses to train her, wants her to "stay like a puppy," but gets pissed when it jumps on people - doesn't realize his own stupidity. That dog is going to attack again, I feel it. It's always stress smiling, living in a box for an apartment.
>>
>>2382716
It would be nearly all of them. Even Obama and Vick could not get away from their nigger past. Niggers honestly just have a harder time reading and connecting with dogs. You could give them a well trained pug and they will turn it vicious in half a year.
>>
REEEEEEEEEE MOTHERFUCKER DID YOU JUST MOTHERFUCKING DO WAT I THINK YOU FUCKING DID? YES YOU FUCKING DID MENTION A PITBULL FUCK PITBULLS I PUT THEM INSIDE MY BASEMENT AND BEAT THEM AND FUCK THEM HARDCORELY WITH MY ARYAN 20ft DICK UNTIL THEY DIE I SOMETIMES BEAT THEM TO DEATH WHEN THEY SURVIVE MY PENIS OF DOOOOOOM!!!!! FUCK WHOEVER LIKES PITBULL GDGSDGDGDGDF I WILL FUCK YOUR SHITTY NIGGER PET WITH MY DIIIIIICK!!!!!!
>>
>>2382267
Sort yourself out Billy.
>>
>>2382706

Mine likes other dogs, to a point. If they greet him like an asshole (shoving, mounting, and pawing), he gets nervous, but he usually just makes a lot of noise and hides behind us.

The only fight he's been involved in was when someone's Akita/GSD mix tore into him, and he pissed all over himself. I highly doubt he's going to snap and attack anything for no reason.

It helps that we exercise him daily and include lots of training games in his routine. I feel like most people who claim their dog just 'snaps' either don't know how to read dog body language or keep their dogs bored and pent up.
>>
>>2381999
Probably not going to get a response from you but I'll try, making pure breeds illegal will just get pitbull people pissed off. They'll piss and moan and petition or resort to violence to get their misunderstood Angel legal. They also probably say it's infringing on a right or something. My friends fiance is a pitbull advocate and she is always citing, its not the dog its the owner. If using her as a guideline to how other pitbull people react, not wanting a pitbull will get you a overly emotional lecture of why you are "wrong" and why you shouldn't "blame the breed". I agree with you on its not the frequency of attacks but the severity of them.

I've also watched her say, right after a lecture even, that Huskies are more prone to aggression. Seems a little hypocritical to me.
>>
>>2384310
I never got this argument. Who cares why some pit bull beheaded some old lady (just happened in Oklahoma) and had to be shot and run over by police before he would stop? I'll be happy to repeal all BSL when all humans on the planet stop abusing dogs. So wake me up when hell freezes over.
>>
I like pitbulls. They are strong hardy animals with a high prey drive. When socialized and walked they make great animals. They are prone to aggression due to poor breeding. If instead of banning pitbulls we just worked to lower their aggression i think everyone would be happier in the long run. I grew up around pitbulls and i know some cant be saved but others shine..
>>
They're so fucking ugly. What do people see in them?
>>
File: Pit Bull (25).jpg (50KB, 602x517px) Image search: [Google]
Pit Bull (25).jpg
50KB, 602x517px
>>
File: Pit Bull (22).jpg (90KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Pit Bull (22).jpg
90KB, 1024x768px
>>
File: Pit Bull (24).jpg (63KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
Pit Bull (24).jpg
63KB, 600x400px
Why are American Bulldogs considered Pit Bull Types when they originated not from the pit dogs but from from mollasar type dogs, yet Bull Terriers who come straight from the Bull & Terrier (pit fighting) dogs with very little out-crossing whom are prone to stranger, dog and small animal aggression not considered a pit bull type dog?
>>
File: pitbull.jpg (66KB, 441x350px) Image search: [Google]
pitbull.jpg
66KB, 441x350px
>>2384310
As someone who has trained and cared for actual fighting dogs (non of that 'bait-dog' bs) from nation-wide dog fighting rings, I do have to admit the handler has a huge part to play. I've had who dogs who used to kill other dogs live with each other, and never heard complaints about them. Huskies can more prone to small animal aggression and wariness to strangers due to being such an old world dog, but I really hate it when people just use the word aggression with a dog. There are different kinds of aggression. I could say Shiba Inus are more prone to aggression than APBTs and I would be right, but it's because I'd be comparing stranger aggression, which by standard APBTs should show no signs of and Shiba Inus are naturally wary. It's kind of a fucked up round-about.

A breed ban would not get rid of any of the actual 'bad' dogs. A breed ban would ban breeders who actually look into lines, health, breed responsibly, get papers, etc. while letting all the BYBs who just breed two pretty dogs together get off scotch free because their dogs are not pure breds. It's like saying you're going to ban all guns with a registration and let guns that aren't registered go free. This is why BSL is a misleading name; it's not a ban on breeds but a ban on dogs. If it were a ban on breeds, it would be pretty simple but instead there is a check list and a court case for every euthanized dog. It's a pain in the ass. You would also have to ban American Staffordshire Terriers, as they can be dual registered as APBTs too, which the AKC will never let happen lying down because it hurts their pockets and their reputation.

IMO I think race is actually a big factor regarding dog bites and I was doing a study that was actually reflecting it, but lo and behold when my sponsors found out I was getting results they did not like, my funding was cut. If you wanted more information though I'd be happy to talk about what I found.
>>
File: IMG_5816.jpg (274KB, 929x752px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5816.jpg
274KB, 929x752px
>>2381298

Not SMASHED and SLAMMED enough
>>
File: DRsideviewwcaptions.jpg (501KB, 998x826px) Image search: [Google]
DRsideviewwcaptions.jpg
501KB, 998x826px
Here are some examples of dual registered APBT/Am Staff dogs. Despite being different breeds, an AKC Am Staff can be registered as either an APBT or as an Am Staff in the UKC. People generally do this because their dog was too small, too thin, or too lean to be getting confirmation awards as an AKC Am Staff, but may actually do better as a UKC APBT. As far as I know, this is one of the few cases where a dog can dual register as two completely separate breeds that differ on more than just coat/eye color.
>>
The term Bully breed is an unofficial name determined by origin; molossers type dogs and their mixes, mastiffs types and bulldogs. However, it is exclusive. Not all mastiffs, bulldogs and molossers are allowed in the 'bully' group, which is why it is still an unofficial term. There is no rhyme or reason for what dog is a bully breed and what is not. For example, Tosas are molossers yet would never be considered a bully breed despite looking the part, being bred for fights and being created by solely Bully breeds. Then you have dogs like boxers, who are sometimes considered bully breeds and sometimes not. Then dogs that look nothing like the others (boston terrier, english bulldog) are considered bully breeds. The name is so ridiculous I wish it would just die, or at least get people together to come with an actual definition for bully breed
>>
File: bullet.jpg (111KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
bullet.jpg
111KB, 1024x768px
I think the term Pit Bull type is a little less confusing; Pit bull types refer to any dog breed whom largely originates from the original Bull & Terriers, except of course for some exceptions. There are 4 main dog breeds in the pit bull types, usually these are the dog breeds that are banned. They include American Pit Bull Terriers, American Staffordshire Terriers, Staffordshire Bull Terriers and American Bulldogs. One issue I have is that the American Bulldog is not a true Pit Bull type. In fact it's no where close. American Bulldogs come from Molossers and maybe a few mastiff breeds, but not from bull & terrier dogs. I think they threw American Bulldogs in there solely for BSL so they wouldn't have to write 'Pit Bull type dogs AND American Bulldogs' into their banned dog list. What does really piss me off is that the Bull Terrier, the breed that came straight from the pit fighting 'bull & terriers', is NOT considered a pit bull type dog. The closest living ancestor of the fighting dogs are not considered pit bull types, despite actually being more prone to stranger aggression than any of the pit bull type dogs.
>>
Animals have been used to fight each other since Roman times, maybe even earlier. Bloodsports sometimes only involved one animal being beaten or killed by people, or animals used to fight each other. In England, the more common animal fighting bloodsports were to pit dogs against bears and bulls. During this time, dog breeds were not as concrete as they are today. There were no pedigrees or papers. Dog breeds were often named after their job, for example if a dog came from two dogs that were used to catch coons, it was called a coondog. Bulldogs back then were simply dogs that fought bulls (and other animals), and were very popular in England during the time of blood sports. There was another type of dog, mutts called bull & terriers (NOT to get confused with bull terriers, a breed of dog), who were also often used in blood sports.

No one is quite sure where bulldogs come from, it's still debated. It's believed they were used to guard, control, and when time came for slaughter, bait bulls ( the idea is the more stress an animal went through before death, the more tender the meat.) When bloodsport was outlawed in 1835, the bulldog started to outlive it's usefulness. I've read that as the bulldog became more rare, it also became more valuable despite not having any job to do. The breed as it was was eventually wiped out as it became the English Bulldog of today.
>>
Bull and terrier mutts were largely crosses of aforementioned ancient bulldogs with different terrier type dogs. When bullfighting became illegal, dog fighting went on the rise because it's easier to cover up. Bull & terriers were more popular for dog fights. It should also be noted that the dogs used in bloodsports were also refereed to as pit bulls independently, like I discussed earlier about dogs being named by their task (coonhound). For example, you could have an ancient bulldog that was also a pit bull, or have a bull & terrier that was not a pit bull. Bull & terriers were used for many jobs such as hunting and guarding, but very rarely if ever used for terrier type tasks. Bull & terriers laid the base to create Bull terriers, APBTs, Am Staffs, and Staff Bulls.
>>
Bull terriers were a direct descendant of the Bull & Terriers, created by some criminal named Hink right around when dog breeds actually became a thing. Hinks wanted to create a more uniform (all white) dog with a less pronounced stop. He named the breed Bull Terriers to distinguish them from the bull & terriers, and wanted his dogs to be different from the bull & terriers and Staffordshire terriers. Bull terriers were also called Hink's breed. After Hink died, the breed's head kept getting more exaggerated as breeders tried to completely get rid of the stop. It's still unknown what breeds, if any, were bred into the Bull Terrier to get the dog breed we have today.
>>
>>2384381
I would be very interested in your research. What have you got? Are you referring to races of the victims / owners? If so, yeah, I'm not surprised. People get really uncomfortable when you bring race statistics into play. See: John Watson.
How did you collect your data? Most small-time dog bites go under- or misreported, so it's hard to get numbers for a lot. I was bit by a semi-feral APB as a teenager and, because two of her siblings did develop rabies, I went to a hospital for treatment. I lied about the dog's description and location so she wouldn't be put down, saying it was some random stray that ran off. I can only assume I'm not the only one who has done that.
What do you think about mandatory sterilization and owner's insurance? I would support that in my city. Right now we put down all pits after only 72 hours. Was talking to this dumb bitch bragging about BYBing her two pits. I tried to appeal to her on many levels. Emotional: the majority of pits in our county are returned to the shelter and euthanized within two years, do we really need more? Logical: unspayed dogs have a much higher incidence of cancer, etc. The money you make now will be negligible compared to the cost of treatment for your dog. But she just saw dollar signs and didn't care.
>>
File: 600.jpg (35KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
600.jpg
35KB, 600x338px
>>2384608
The owners of the dogs that bit, however as a result the victims were often the same race as they were family or friends most often. I went off of bites that were reported to Animal Control; not all of them resulted in a 10 day quarantine for one reason or another. From there, the owner of the dog (18+) has their photo ID or green card on record, either with the police dept or the shelter that had taken in the dog. That was actually where it first peaked my interest was sifting through black after black after black, despite being in a mainly white area. SO I expanded my research and also began recording things like race and ethnicity that were in reports. I also made phone calls to people who were willing to answer for a quick questionnaire, most of which was just asking the same shit that was reported to make sure there were no discrepancies and that the police were correctly reporting. I also followed the dogs involved; in my state, even stray dogs are captured and has a picture if it bit. I can usually tell the sex, but I am aware that even a dog professional (I'm technically one) can not accurately guess dog breed mixes, so I do not attempt; it would only give me shoddy results. However, I can call up the owners and ask them if they are spics or nogs, ask if they are atheist, ask if they are faggots, that sort of thing. If a dog had some sort of papers or DNA test (a few do have DNA tests I found out from owners) then I would report it. Otherwise I just link a picture and what it was reported as, mainly so I can easily refer to that particular dog. Names are not used. However I am not concerned about stray/feral dogs, only owned or lost dogs. Feral/stray dogs do not really exist here, only lost dogs. There is the tiniest fraction of truly stray dogs here (average 0.3%), probably because we have plenty of shelters that do not charge people a fee for surrender, and we also have ACO that will surrender people's dogs for them.
>>
>>2384608
>What do you think about mandatory sterilization and owner's insurance?
It hasn't worked in many cases I've seen personally, so I am not hopeful. All it seems to do is fuck over actually good owners, while the scummy ones are still BYB ill bred dogs. With a law like that, people like that lady still won't care. I know because I deal with people like that, they don't give a fuck. I'm actually worried breeding will make more money because pit pups would be even more rare. After all, the issue isn't that we have too many puppies; we have too many dogs.

I do however look at places that have the lowest bite incident per person, and it seems to have a relation with the amount of homeless dogs; more dog overpopulation, more dog bites. Places like Sweeden has nearly no issues with dog bites, also literally no stray dogs at all. They seem to be very into educating people about the responsibilities of dog ownership, and their shelters have no issues with too many dogs (although cats is another matter). From what I have seen, Sweeden goes after the people much more than the animals in just about every hot topic and rather than turn it into sensationalism, they actually attempt to educate; may have something to do with their animal party actually being a popular party and having influence.

Greenland was another place with low bites, also no stray population due to all of them dying in the winter. No one has to catch them, pay to euathanize them, etc. They just don't survive the winter too well. Yet places like Russia, where dogs would also have a hard time living, has a terrible stray dog issue.

However the stray dog = dog bites thing was something I had noticed in research, it was not the topic of my research. My research was to find a link between dogs that bite and their owners.
>>
File: 1481687589078.jpg (40KB, 720x431px) Image search: [Google]
1481687589078.jpg
40KB, 720x431px
>>2384608
TL;DR I currently think education, as cliche as it is, seems to be the only decent way to not only teach people how to train for their dogs, but also care for them. It's the cheapest way by far, making people do shit for themselves with their own fucking money without tangling courts or shifting the weight on tax payers. An absurd amount of people don't actually know how to even care for their dogs, that's why they get these high energy dogs that they do fuck all with. If people better understood care and it was stressed more, the idea is people would be more careful about the animal they would get. What research I did do (mind you it was cut short) showed blacks hada higher instance of their dog biting someone and sending that person to the doctor, with all dog 'types' (toy, pit bull, working, non-working, etc). For example, a higher % of chis owned by black people bit than owned by white people. This was true for every single group I had dogs grouped in, which was mainly off of the AKC groups except pit bull types (anything recorded as a pit bull). I have many theories for why black people seemed to be linked to bites. Income was not one, because poor white neighborhoods had less dog bites than poor black neighborhoods ( i have limiting data to conclude poor white neighborhoods vs rich black ones). Education could be a culprit, as blacks are less likely to go to college or finish high school. There are other, more racist theories. I'm not giving up hope on this project, but I think I want to take a break for a while.
>>
File: IMG_20170518_222609.jpg (45KB, 642x787px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170518_222609.jpg
45KB, 642x787px
>>2382552
Thread posts: 89
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.