[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is it about these animals that makes people want them as pets?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: 4132017115059.jpg (67KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
4132017115059.jpg
67KB, 640x640px
What is it about these animals that makes people want them as pets?
>>
>>2380458
attention whoring. literally none of the animals in your picture should be kept by a private person
>>
Why would you even want a pet owl? All they do is sit on a branch and go “hoo”.
>>
because they look good on pictures, just like Shibas.
>>
Because they're cute.
>>
>>2380458
Cause people want what they can't/shouldn't have. Most exotic I'll go is a snake or lizard, i.e Ball Python or Iguana.
>>
>>2380473
Harry fucking Potter
>>
>>2380458
Just ask that platypus shitpost spammer.
>>
I want an owl to keep the fucking rodents away.
I live in the middle of nowhere, so they can go wherever they want, but I want one nest near me.
>>
>>2380458
Well what did you expect the results to be? Normal pets? Who the fuck googles "can you have a pet dog"?
>>
>>2380458
so they can be speschul
>>
I'm getting a baby wallaby
>>
>>2380556
I was googling “can you have a pet cat and rat live together”, fyi
>>
File: 200_s.gif (23KB, 261x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
23KB, 261x200px
i have a rabbit and she's exotic enough it can be difficult to find appropriate vet care
>>
>>2380651
>tfw you realize the rat will get along with anyone and the cat is the problematic part of that relationship
cats are the worst, pigs are second
>>
>>2380544
>Harry fucking Potter
but how, it's the same person
>>
File: Cheeto.jpg (29KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
Cheeto.jpg
29KB, 450x450px
>>2380691
kek
>>
File: Lemur_catta_001.jpg (423KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Lemur_catta_001.jpg
423KB, 1920x1080px
>>2380458
I cant totally understand otter, wolf, fox and monkey

well depends what type of monkey
>>
>>2380458
It's because there's a metric ton of viral videos involving the first 4 in a domestic situation. The rest are varying levels of cute or "badass" so they appeal to the average person.
>>
>>2380687
My sister had a pet pig. She trained it to scratch at the door when it wanted outside like we did with our dogs.
Nice animals to keep. Very affectionate.
>>
>>2380593
This. I used to be just like them and this was my driving reason for wanting exotic pets. I was a gigantic faggot and not much has changed on that front except the reasons.
>>
>>2380792
having a pig is like choosing to have a bad dog, they are mean and aggressive towards people and animals they don't like or know
>>
File: 586790c5dd08952c208b4c00-834[1].jpg (134KB, 834x464px) Image search: [Google]
586790c5dd08952c208b4c00-834[1].jpg
134KB, 834x464px
You might as well asked why we domesticated this wild giant horned beast to pull our plows and feed us milk/beef.

It is the nature of Man to spread what makes him Man across all of nature. It is what allowed us to dominate all continents on this Earth save Antarctica.

There is no point in domesticating the already domesticated, so the reach of Man spreads across more and more species as Man grows himself. As habitats are increasingly fragmented to supply more Men to the Earth, more animals will find refuge by appealing to Man and becoming future domesticates in themselves. In doing so, they find survival and potential recolonization as feral variants when their wild range declines. The only way to stop the domestication of Earth is to stop the fragmentation of Earth's habitats. I doubt any of you have the power to come close to such a goal, if you desire its ceasing in the first place.

In my opinion it is too late, and any attempts to stop people from owning tigers will only mean the tiger goes extinct in two generations. There are more tigers in Texas than India. I believe the fate of all extant species on this Earth is extinction or domestication unless Man himself is wiped from the face of the planet before he can convert every last arable inch of its surface to his own personal ecumenopolis.

So, pet or dead, make your choice. There is no middle ground when dealing with our dominance and usage of this planet.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.