[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

River Monsters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

What does /an/ think about this show?
>>
Just like any TV show it's overproduced and "injected" with artificial drama. But the fish are pretty cool
>>
>>2379590
Really cool show, learned a lot about fish that way.
>>
>>2379590
Pretty cool. I wouldn't say there's extra drama injected or that it's overproduced, though. Saw some sea monsters show, dear God wasn't it just a piece of shit. Really overproduced and with drama injected.
River Monsters manages to still be informative most of the time and to produce enjoyable landscape scenes. Maybe it changed in later seasons, I don't know. And y ou have a guy explaining what he's doing and why as he's doing it, it's always nice.
>>
>>2379590
it's poopy because he just makes people terrified and start to hate animals
>>
>>2379590
Love the show, love the host.

I do think there is some injected drama, but not nearly as much as a typical reality show. It's informative and the fish are amazing.

The episode where he catches huge tarpon on fly rigs while in a water kayak is amazing
>>
File: images-117.jpg (28KB, 414x355px)
images-117.jpg
28KB, 414x355px
>>2379721
>He just makes people terrified

Except he goes out of his way to explain that all the myths of those fish eating humans are vastly exaggerated and they're actually peaceful creatures that need to be protected.
>>
Really amazing fish but!!! I read Jeremy Wade's book years ago where he explains all the background stuff and more going on and it's hilarious how he plays dumb during the show. It's cringe as hell watching him wonder what a "sum" is in s4 or smthn when he clearly knows a wels catfish is the only capable, large fish in Europe and writes in the book that a wels is known as sum. This happens a lot too. Wade seems like a really cool person but in front of cameras you just gotta drama it up and lie through your teeth.
>>
>>2379590
Fish are cool but as other anons said the drama is all fake
>>
>>2379700
I find the stories he finds from locals about people going missing and what not seem to be bullshit
>>
File: massive salmon.jpg (415KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
massive salmon.jpg
415KB, 720x540px
>>
>>2379791
Yeah, there's no fish eating humans, stupid fishes, stop being scared of us.
>>
One of my favorite episodes was when he found fish and other animals that matched the description of mythological creatures.
>>
>>2380236
The Greenland shark as the Loch Ness monster was an interesting theory.
>>
>>2380041
Probably. But then he still ends up finding fish that could actually do what the stories say.
But I kinda doubt people actually living there with all those dangerous fish around would be careless enough to get their dick chopped off by a fish or some shit.
>>
Its informative, and unlike the other fishing shows that imitated his, he's not a tryhard or edgy. He really spends days in the wild trying to get a catch, not many shows do that today.

That one episode when some niggers forced him to give them his catch instead of releasing it, activated my chestnuts to new heights.
>>
>>2380052
That's already decomposing.
>>
File: C6u8f-qWsAEQZqc.jpg (205KB, 1114x978px) Image search: [Google]
C6u8f-qWsAEQZqc.jpg
205KB, 1114x978px
I didn't get to see the trouser trout episode. can someone give me a description of what happened?.
>>
>>2380457
IT WASN'T NAKED!!1
>>
>>2379599
This.

My favorite shows on Animal Planet.
>>
>>2379590
>The only thing left to do is get in the water with it/ use myself as bait
WHY DO THEY DO THIS EVERY EPISODE
>>
>>2380506
They have a format and they follow it
No different than Kitchen Nightmares and that sort of shit
It sucks but it makes stupid people feel at home
>>
>>2380506
But... He doesn't?
He's in the water either to fish or because he caught some random big fish and wants to show it off while keeping it in the water.
>>
It's a great fish-based show.
And has anyone noticed how MANY episodes there are?? So many river monsters out there.
>>
>>2380241
And the one where the Japanese Giant Salamander was the Kappa
>>
>>2380634
I missed that one, but I could see it.
>>
>>2379791
it doesn't matter. he shows the scary myths first and then explains them later. people are too retarded for that. they just see the scary first
>>
>>2380512
Watch episode 1
>>
>>2381640
>episode 1
>every episode
>>
>>2381640
> Episode 1 of series are usually the pilot
>Pilots are usually rough and cut together and don't represent the feel of the whole official series.
>>
>>2380863
Well who's really to blame then?
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.