[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Consider the following: My uncle has a very high standard of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: Belgian_Malinois.jpg (77KB, 374x664px) Image search: [Google]
Belgian_Malinois.jpg
77KB, 374x664px
Consider the following:

My uncle has a very high standard of discipline when he raises a dog. When training it as a puppy, he will not hesitate to beat it when it misbehaves. Do you consider this to be overly cruel?

Note that he doesn't abuse them in any other way. He feeds, houses, and loves them endlessly.

When he beats them, it's typically with a meter length of a very stiff garden hose.

Where do you draw the line between abuse and discipline?
>>
>>2377596
Grab the skin on top of their neck (like how cats carry their young) firmly then give them a firm shake. Doesn't hurt then and werks every time. That's how dams discipline rowdy puppies anyway.
>>
File: images (3).jpg (17KB, 443x332px) Image search: [Google]
images (3).jpg
17KB, 443x332px
My grandpa is just like your uncle, gives dogs a few slaps until they learn the lesson. I hate when he does it!
>>
as long as it's consistent

i work at a pet store that allows people to bring their dogs in, and it's insane what people smack their dogs for. first the dog will be barking at some strange dog and the person will coddle it and pet it and say "aww it's okay!" then the dog continues to bark and the person slaps it on the head or something, saying "alright stop" as if the thing understands english

makes you wonder what goes on when they aren't in public
>>
I was at the dog park once with my GSD and I saw a guy smack his mix shitbull. I told him if he smacks the dog again I'll do the same to him.

Cuz I'm alpha as fuck.
>>
>>2377596
There's absolutely no reason to smack an animal other than your own catharsis (unless it is attacking a person).
Regular training, positive and negative reinforcement, and a healthy lifestyle is all you really need to keep a dog in line. Hitting it will only make it anxious which could create worse behavior like tearing up furniture, urinating in the house, lessening of appetite, and over grooming, or it could cause the dog to lash out down the line which could prove disastrous for the owner or loved ones.
>>
Grandpa was pretty harsh when it came to disapline. She turned out to be a very good dog and well mannered. Wouldn't jump on people or go on furniture unless it was at other family members house. Of course she was allowed on their beds but just not couches or chairs.
>>
>>2377652
From what I've seen of his dogs, that's pretty much never been the case. He only has to do it once, and they never disobey him again. They've all been perfectly normal dogs, extremely loyal and loving.
>>
Also, fun fact about his most last dog (died of old age): They live out in the sticks, and in his young years, he would go out and hunt and kill coyotes. He was a police dog reject because they thought he was of too sweet temperament. Always came back without a scratch.
>>
>>2377705
I'm glad his dogs didn't end up with any issues, but I really would not recommend using harsh and physical methods when training a dog. If the physical punishment was delivered when the dogs were acting very out of line, and all other reinforcement is strictly verbal, then that might not lead to any of the aforementioned problems, but it's still an extremely thin line to tread and will not guarantee that the dog will always listen the first time.
What breeds were his dogs?
>>
>>2377717
His last two were Malinois, can't remember before that. So, working dogs.
>>
sure is underage itt
>>
>what is a wolf
>>
>>2377638
I hope those balls of steel are bulletproof, because if some lunatic assaulted me in a park over how I treat my dogs, I'd put two bullets in his chest and one in his head.
>>
>>2377953
tough guy here

sure you wouldn't draw your katana while you're at it?
>>
>>2377953
>bulletproof balls
>shoot me in chest and head
Dumbass
>>
>>2377722
>being ignorant to all the research of the past 30 years
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.