[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Making a documentary

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2544.jpg (2MB, 2083x1425px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2544.jpg
2MB, 2083x1425px
I want to make a nature documentary on urban wildlife in Denver CO, as a possible pilot to a series of nature documentaries.
How do I do this right?
>>
>>2377571
if there's going to be commentary make sure the voice isn't autistic
>>
>>2377571
If there were actually any cool animals here in Denver, I'd be inclined to join you.
>>
https://youtu.be/AfnattHsnIo
>>
>>2377574
NNyyyNmmmmruum the rabbits have become NOCTURNAL due to the din OF Denver's busy daytime streets
>>
>>2377659
I mostly want to show my creativity and ability to teach about natural history from example.
>Bison, deer, coyotes, waterfowl, songbirds, birds of prey, and other nocturnal animals are not interesting and neither is there interaction with a man-made environment.
>>
you want to read the book "go wild with your camcorder" its a basic how to film and produce a nature documentary
>>
Coyote Peterson it
>>
Have lots of money for a good camera, preferably three cameras - one for tracking/still frame shots, one for walking with, and one for a drone to get good aerial shots. Your phone can work at the third, and you can use a quality go pro for the second, but you'll need a good camera with sound equipment like a boom mic & multiple pop covers. Aside from this you'll need a crew, obviously, and draw up some release forms for people to sign when being interviewed so they don't come at you later for money or something. Also look into filming permits, if you're going on private property. You can then move on to nature documentary guidelines. Remember that if you sell this you'll have to put it on your taxes, but that also means you can take the cost of documentary-only things off on your deductibles list. So if you only use the camera for this documentary/other docus then you can count it as a deductible. If you're not selling the film I suggest that you rent equipment DESU. Good luck.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.