[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Finch Taming

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: fatfuck.jpg (42KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
fatfuck.jpg
42KB, 640x480px
Do any /an/ons have any experience with taming these adorable fucks? I understand that they may not be as affectionate as other birds, but I at least want to gain their trust enough to be held.

pic related
>>
My lawyer friend has two zebra finches, he just let his hand be in their cage for like 10 minutes 3 times a day. They're friendly enough now, but they'll never be affectionate, unless you raised them iirc.
>>
my friend had a couple finches and he got them pretty tame by taking all the food out of their cage for a few days, then putting his hand inside with seed.

It was sad when his dogs got them, but at least those dogs had fun xD
>>
>>2377480
How did he find the time to do that? I have no time to sit and do nothing while keeping my hand motionless inside a birdcage for 30min every day.

I have finches. My batshit crazy cunt ex used to catch them and then shake them violently or throw them around like a tennis ball. Now they hate all humans and scream and go crazy whenever I come close to their cage. I feel so fucking bad man.
>>
>>2377678
Make the time. Ten minutes every once in a while isn't too difficult.

Also you're probably fucked with that background. I'd be surprised if you make any progress over time.
>>
>>2377658
why are dogs so fucking degenerate
>>
>>2377678
Jesus. Start small. Like just being in the same room as them for 20 minutes. Gradually move closer every day and talk to them. Once they are okay with you being next to their cage, start offering them some treats through the bars. Then once they are comfortable taking the treats through the bars, you can try to get them to take them from your hand through an open cage door. Then try to get them to take them from your open palm. You can be doing stuff on your phone or laptop while you do this.
>>
>>2377738
That was an obvious troll post anon
>>
My friend has finches. She lets them free flying in her room. They don't display much affection but they enjoy her company and the music she listen to, they just chill around her and are more lively when she's around.
>>
>>2377750
She must get shit everywhere
>>
>>2377741
I'm in the same room as them 90% of the time that I spend at home. I talk to them and sit next to their cage every day. Still they scream at me every time I approach and don't really calm down fully until I leave. I think they're still mentally fucked from being abused by my ex because they just hate me.
>>
>>2378937
It might be too late then. Despite the screaming just try to stick your hand in there (open palm) once a day for 10 minutes, inching closer every time. Speak softly, don't make loud noises or sharp movements. Maybe move them into a more open room? How big is the cage? They may just be restless.

If nothing else helps at least you have something cute to look at. If they're driving you crazy I would definitely move them to another room if all else fails.
>>
>>2378937
Abuse takes a looooong time to recover from, but it is possible. It just takes a lot of patience, perseverance, and positive reward.
>>
>>2379165
>They may just be restless.
Yeah this. They might just be perpetually anxious because they feel like they have nowhere to go and nowhere to hide.
>>
>>2379165
Their cage isn't that big but they have several nests so they're not lacking in space to hide. Also they breed well so they must be happy.

I like being in the same room as them. Their beeping is a pleasant sound to me. I just don't know if I should try to interact with them or leave them alone and only bother them for food/water/cleaning. Logic tells us we need to give our pets attention, but what if it's not what they want at all?
>>
>>2379261
Are they male and female?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.