[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it morally right to cure a terminally ill pet?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: o0480036013862811899.jpg (47KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
o0480036013862811899.jpg
47KB, 480x360px
If a pet is at a mature age and develops a terminal illness, is it right to put them down or to use medicine to prolong their lives?

It seems to me like unnaturally keeping a pet alive and possibly prolonging their suffering, putting them through stressful operations etc. is inadvertently selfish. I may feel like I'm doing a good thing for the sake of the animal, or is it just for my benefit?
>>
>>2377032
If the animal is suffering AND that suffering cannot be stopped, then end its life. Otherwise no.
>>
Depends on the condition.
>>
>is it in pain?
Yes.

I would also say yes for an animal that can no longer move around as well. Like a dog with no legs.
>>
>>2377749
>>2377744
>>2377756
Kind of like a Heisenberg situation
Would you keep taking them to the vet and pump them full of medicine for another 5 years
Or let them enjoy a few more months of normal life
>>
File: my_nigga_carlos_II.jpg (98KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
my_nigga_carlos_II.jpg
98KB, 1000x800px
>>2377032
>is it right
It's pretty obvious that your decision is going to be driven by feefees instead of actual moral theory and you're simply looking for people to validate your decision.
If you had ever even bothered looking into ethics you would know that you can make a good case either way, but as I said before, you just want people to spoonfeed you some emotional rhetoric so you can externalize the responsibility for your decision.
That being said, go your local library and read a book if you really give a shit. If you don't, tie it to a weather balloon and post a video.
regards, /his/
>>
depends on how much it will suffer
>>
>>2377948
feefees?
>>
>>2378229
Feefee=feelings.
Also slang for a homemade pocket pussy in prison/jail
>>
>>2378230
>Yo you got a rubber glove man?
>Yo man can you hook me up with a glove?
>Can I get that glove you wearin?

Fuck being a trustee man. I would've been a rubber glove salesman if I wasn't running the kite/tobacco trade.
I ended up giving him one eventually and I don't want to know what evil befell that piece of rubber.
>>
>>2377948
based /his/
>>
>>2377032
If it can be cured, would it still be terminal?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.