[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

help my cat is a crack fiend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20170402_115547_878.jpg (3MB, 2988x2988px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170402_115547_878.jpg
3MB, 2988x2988px
my cat won't eat the food I give her it all started when I bought her those fancy feast wet food from the super market and now she won't touch other food and just whine all night. I figured once she is hungry enough she will eat whatever but then I read that if I let them starve they will have a liver disease? she take a whole day to eat 2.5 oz of wet food she is 2 yrs old roughly speaking should I take her to the vet?
>>
My cats love that stuff. When we bought them some other wet food they just wont eat it. They still eat their dry food though.
>>
Few things, make sure the dry food you are feeding it is grain free. Some cats really don't like food with corn or grain and once they are introduced to a food source that doesnt give them the same digestion problems they will just ignore all their old food and only seek out the new.

Also try mixing the fancy feast with some other food, start at 75% fancy 25% other, and slowly dwindle it down.

Finally as long as the wet food is a fine quality there is no reason you couldn't only feed it that, just need to determine right daily amount given your cats weight. However I don't really know much about fancy feast in terms of it is suitable for daily intake.
>>
I swear, Fancy Feast is the devil's food. It took over the minds of both of my cats the moment they touched it and they were never the same since.
>>
>>2375733

she won't eat the most expensive, high quality wet food I buy for her. It's really frustrating

>>2376063

what food did you get for them to get them off of it?
>>
>>2376419
I just learned to live with them crying constantly and having to walk them to the food bowl several times in a row before they give up and eat the dry food already in it.
>>
cats must eat dry food to clean their teeth, buy more expensive dry food maybe
>>
>>2375085
Fancy feast is like fast food for cats. Shit like that can be addicting. My cats are addicted to science diet dry, probably because of the carbs. You have to wean them off and put up with the hunger strike.
>>
>>2376939
This is actually false. Dry food does not clean their teeth. Even if it did have cleaning properties, cats don't chew their food enough for any dry food to actually clean their teeth. In fact that's another reason why it's bad to feed dry; cats don't break the food down enough and will sometimes vomit the dry food as a result.

That being said I still feed dry food.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.