[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help raising kittens!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: a.jpg (75KB, 590x428px) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
75KB, 590x428px
>sees batch of four kittens
>infected with ticks, malnourished
>mom and dad are around neighborhood
>visit periodically
>feed kittens, dad hisses at kittens

I have the kittens at home. One has eyes closed but not infected. Have cleaned them up. Should I give them to animal shelter or raise them for a while? Not sure if i made a mistake... pls help
*I have cat milk replacer and wet food
>>
>>2374372
Take them to a shelter. If they're young enough that one of them still has its eyes closed, then they're too young to toilet by themselves. Even if you can get them to eat and drink, you'll still have to wipe their bottoms so many times per day to stimulate toileting, and I don't think I really have to tell you how unawesome that is.
>>
>>2374372
I honestly hate you kind of people.
>oh hey, just walked outside
>litters of kittens everywhere
>I'm just gonna pick them all up and bring them home. They don't run
what the hell? How do you people find so many kittens that are so willing to be handled? I found maybe 1 over my whole life and it sure as hell wasn't going to allow someone to touch or pick it up.
>>
>>2374838
I think it's fine if they are ill like OP mentioned. But he should definitely take them to a vet for proper care. Maybe get them on some anti biotics before returning them to the mom
>>
>>2374918
I think they need about 30 grains of high velocity antibiotics intracranially.
>>
>>2374918
I'm fine that he took them in. I just don't know how people find feral kittens that are willing to be picked up
>>
>>2374838
You have to live in a very poor neighborhood.
>>
>>2374986
Legit? How poor exactly; section 8 and trailer parks poor?
>>
>>2375066
Basically, the more poor the area the more likely you are to find kittens. Poor areas go hand in hand with feral populations of animals. I'd say, to find feral kittens 'everywhere', you'd probably be in a third world country. But to find some every year, yeah section 8 in an exceptionally bad neighborhood.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.