[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

*Blocks your will to live*

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 8

File: do it.jpg (93KB, 1280x640px) Image search: [Google]
do it.jpg
93KB, 1280x640px
*Blocks your will to live*
>>
THICC
>>
Never understood faggots who are afraid of whales
>>
>stretch marks

would not bang
>>
>>2373248
never understood faggots who bravery signal by complaining about people who are averse to certain animals out of context

the actual people that are afraid of spiders and whales and snakes are easier to be around than the brave bois
>>
>>2373241
Whales terrify me so deeply. They are just so immense and so mysterious. It's like staring at an Eldritch abomination in real life, it just saps you of all your power and control leaving you with nothing but a sense of your own crushing helplessness.

If I were swimming in the sea and I saw a shark, I'd shit my pants much less than if it had been a whale. I'd literally rather die than be put in the ocean next to a blue whale. I always thought it was just some retarded phobia only I have, but then I met a friend who felt the exact same way.
>>
>>2373253
you sure are butthurt that someone called you a wuss
>>
>>2373255
But anon...

It IS a retarded phobia. Sorry to break it to you.
>>
>>2373255
I don't think your fear is retarded, but a shark would deliberately attack you. A blue whale would hurt you only by accident and the chances are miniscule. I'd understand if it's some Pinochio-esque fear of being engulfed or just its sheer size in the horrifying vastness of the ocean, but die rather than be next to a blue whale?

Only exception is orcas and they're technically dolphins, right?
>>
>>2373272
I know. You're making me feel bad for hurting the whale's feelings lmao.

I'd probably have a heart attack and die anyway just from being around a whale and seeing its sheer vastness.
>>
whales are very scary, they make me feel really uneasy

just imagine being out there in the ocean and hearing muffled HEEEAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUAAAAAAAAs in the distance

getting closer and closer and then the leviathan appears and sweeps you away in its deadly current
>>
>>2373261
Tbh this post is true
>>
>>2373253
You seem upset, pumpkin.
>>
>>2373248
Is being afraid of whales really that common?
Honestly thought I was a small minority.

I think it might come from a combination of their size and how they seem so weightless. From a terrestrial perspective it's uncanny almost how they move. I mean, I've ridden on elephants and can get up close with giraffes, but even seeing a full sized sunfish freaks the fuck out of me.
Weirder still it's only really cropped up the last few years. When I was little I wanted to swim with sunfish and whales. I honestly don't know what traumatized me.
>>
File: alan-davies.png (469KB, 631x596px) Image search: [Google]
alan-davies.png
469KB, 631x596px
>>2373241
Blue whale.
>>
File: 5902279.jpg (129KB, 1040x681px) Image search: [Google]
5902279.jpg
129KB, 1040x681px
>>2373362
I have kind of the opposite fear. I'm totally fine with giant objects under water, but if they're in the sky? Fuck that. Mainly large balloons, kites, etc shit that has no real control and is moved around by the wind. Just googling pics of this made me unsettled because all I can think about is the object crashing into me or getting wrapped around me and whisking me away or something. I can understand the whale fear for that reason.
>>
File: scary.webm (2MB, 856x478px) Image search: [Google]
scary.webm
2MB, 856x478px
>>2373397
I can't even rationalize it like that. I don't think of it in terms of "oh this giant beast might hurt me accidentally". It's just the grandeur and slow, lumbering movements just set off my anxiety something fierce.
I also get it with comparison videos of Jupiter if it was as close to Earth as the moon and webm related. But those are legitimately threatening so not as crazy to be freaked out by.
>>
File: whale3456.webm (316KB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
whale3456.webm
316KB, 720x404px
>>2373406

>slow, lumbering
>>
File: whale of an appetite.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
whale of an appetite.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>2373255
>it's cool bro, whales can't swallow anything bigger than plankton
>>
>>2373406
>>2373397
>>2373362

Man you people are so weird I didn't know people could be scared of that.

It's all okay because i'm afraid of wasps and bees and I always look like a faggot to people
>>
File: IMG_0119.jpg (74KB, 411x412px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0119.jpg
74KB, 411x412px
So if a blue whale is trying to eat a school of herring or some shit but it accidentally draws a human swimmer into its mouth, what should that swimmer do to stay alive? Pound his fists as hard as he can on the tounge to get the whale's attention?
>>
File: 1325878232157.jpg (357KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1325878232157.jpg
357KB, 1600x1200px
I dont trust anything bigger than me and that's that.
>>
>>2373423
well yeah but they'd never intentionally swallow and they can't even swallow if they tried; they're only used to eating small things anyway
>>
>>2373437
Lol the whale won't let you go out because your a human. Nutriments are nutriments.
>>
>>2373437
struggle, though it's not like you'd fit down the damn thing's throat so it'd have to spit you out one way or another
>>
>>2373423
One of the things that scares me about whales is that they could potentially fuck you up and not even notice. Sure it might not be able to swallow you but what if you get stuck in its mouth? Pulled under by the currents it generates while swimming? Crushed by its tail? They aren't malicious, they just treat us the way we treat bugs. And that actually scares me a lot more than an animal that's intentionally aggressive. Really reminds me of how insignificant we are in the grand scheme of things.
>>
>>2373362
>>2373397
>>2373406
I'm glad I'm not the only one. Sources online say it's quite a common phobia.

I live near a prime whale watching zone and there were at least 3 separate instances in my childhood where I saw dead or dying whales washed up on the beach. On one occasion there was a whole pod and they were all killed because they refused to go back into the water. It must have traumatised me because I don't remember having this phobia before.

I have nightmares about whales at least once a month.
>>
>>2373406
did i just get bitchslapped by saturnus?
>>
>>2373253
how is it signalling that you're above average in bravery when 99.9% of people also aren't afraid of it
you get called a silly wuss because you're a silly wuss, it's below average bravery on your part
>>2373255
>mysterious
They're just a very large, fairly intelligent mammal. There are no unknowable thoughts going on in its head, it's got the same chill, curious demeanor as any large mammal with low prey drive. Unless it's a hormonal young bull, but those are partial to random acts of murder no matter the species.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkqh2sRFeOU
>>2373437
wiggle around and hope it notices it's got something it doesn't want in its mouth before you suffocate
>>
>>2373253
>>2373255
I think op was referring to the blue whale suicide game.
>>
>>2373437

If you have a knife, stab the tongue.
>>
>>2373248
>>2373362

The only thing I can get is when it goes hand and hand about being afraid of the open seas. Unlike a beach, diving in open waters you'd see absolutely no trace of the ground or anything at all for miles of end both on the surface and underwater. Then out of nowhere a big fucking thing comes up which severely dwarfs you in size which combined with the spacelessness of it all can appear intimidating.

I'm not afraid of whales myself but I will admit the open waters are a little unnerving, though that's mostly just because I can't swim for shit
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.