[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

pls help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

hello! looking for cat advice. Brought this cutie in from the street about 8 months ago. she's about a year old I think? anyway, this cat has the strangest fixation on her litter boxes. If you so much as clean them, add a bit more litter to them, ANYTHING, she goes ape shit. She gets herself so stressed that she starts having blood in her urine for a week afterwards. We've already taken her to the vet multiple times for this, worried that it was something even more serious than just a stress issue. No infections, no crystals. Whenever she starts having these episodes we quarantine her in the spare bathroom with all her necessities so she doesn't pee on any of our furniture or carpet when we're not home. So I'm really at the end of my rope. I don't want to put her down, but I'm not sure if kitty prozac is the way to go. I'm using feliway diffusers in the house right now, but I'm wondering if there is anything else I can do?
>>
>bringing disgusting vermin in off the street
>>
I'm not an expert on litter training, just an idea, so someone please correct me if this isn't feasible- but could you just train her to come outside to go like a dog? That way she could have a designated outdoor spot to go that people don't need to fuck with, and maybe a backup box inside in case she really has to go when you're not around. I'm not suggesting keeping her as an outdoor cat, just giving her scheduled potty breaks in a different environment. But if that's not how cat behavior is supposed to work then forget I suggested it.
>>
>>2372295
Eh, I'm not sure how well that would work. Some cats are very trainable, but this one...isn't. We have a hard time getting her to even come when she's called, haha.
>>
>>2372291
you are the vermin

kys
>>
>>2372285
I can't offer a solid advice but your cat is very cute
>>
>>2372285
My solid advice is for you to give up on this cat, give her to a shelter, pretend she's gonna be ok, and take your time before adopting another. She's not gonna get any better, OP. I had a cat like this and was at the end of my rope after trying for a fucking year. I had to pay for new carpets in the complex I lived in and pay for parts of the wall to be re-painted (on top of the fucking expensive vet bills I was paying on minimum damn wage). When I moved into my next appartment complex it didn't allow cats, I ended up giving her away to someone with more experience than me with no regrets.
>>
>>2372285
Sounds like she's menstruating.
>>
Look into using Cat Attract litter, and only cleaning one litter box at a time. Keep it up with the Feliway, and try and get her exercised and tired out daily
>>
>>2372299
If you typed this while staring deeply into your own eyes in the mirror then I'll consider it a legitimate statement.
Otherwise, fuck off.
>>
>>2373245
OP here! she's spayed, so it's definitely not that.
>>
>>2373265
thank you! I'll look into the Cat Attract.
>>
>>2372994
>>2373075
thank you, anon. I love her very much but if she can't get her shit together she deserves a family that actually has money to spend on her.
>>
>>2374114
Do you live in a house or an apartment?
>>
>>2374129
house.
>>
How about after an episode, get a cat genie/cat toilet and see how she takes to that instead?

I have a cat that's picky about her litter too though not as extreme as yours. When I topup the litter or change it t all really, she'll refuse to go into the box. Wont stick her paws into the sand and more often will meow in distress and try to piss on the bed or a towel or something. I have to pick her up 6 - 7 times and put her in the box before she stops hoping out and trying to piss on fabric

I got a cat genie recently and it seems to have solved the problem. As soon as the thing starts working she'll sit next to it and watch it getting cleaned with her head tilted to the side like a confused puppy
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.