[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bad bitting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: growling.jpg (186KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
growling.jpg
186KB, 600x600px
Dog bit my hand when I try to put on the mouth set in preparation of giving him some eye drops. He has been having pinky eyes and inflammation.

This is the second time that he seriously bites me (penetrates the skin and draws blood). He has very few temper issues and has been a good family dog otherwise.

He has been with us for almost 10 years. However, we didn't raise him and I heard stories that the previous owner did kind of abuse him(abandoning, hitting, etc.)

Nevertheless, now that this have come to this, what should I do? Should I have him put down( I am not seriously considering that) ?
>>
>>2371182
Kill him
>>
>>2371182
Kill the fucker get a cat.
>>
By "mouth set" do you mean muzzle??
>>
>>2371182
Your dog is in pain and is scared when you handle him like that. It's not his fault and the sooner the problem is treated the sooner he will stop.
>>
>>2371205
Yup, English is not my first language.
>>2371208
I can see that. Do you know any easy trick to give a dog eye drops?

So far I can only give him pills but not not eye drops.
>>
>>2371245
What kinda tube are they in? Sometimes just sneaking them in works. Don't make a big deal out of the event
>>
File: eye drops stock.jpg (95KB, 1300x1300px) Image search: [Google]
eye drops stock.jpg
95KB, 1300x1300px
>>2371247
The usual kind. I can't make it to work since the moment he sees the bottle in my hand he immediately starts growling or fleeing under the bed/chair.

Should I just continue giving him pills with no eye drops and hoping for the best?
>>
>>2371245
When you go to put a muzzle on, do it from behind. It would be best if you could straddle your dog, grab the muzzle by the straps or strings, and as fast as you can slip it on then tighten it. In the future you may want to associate the muzzle with good things. Put a muzzle on him before you go on walks and put a muzzle on him and give him peanut butter, etc. He will hate the muzzle much, much more if he knows he is getting eye drops.

How are you giving him his pills? Inside treats or food, or shove it down the throat? Do you do it at the same time as the eye drops?
>>
>>2371291
I put it in his food obviously.

I usually respect his boundary. Only in occasions like this that I am forced to violate it.

I think(it was long ago) the last time I got bitten this serious is when I clip his malformed nail.
>>
>>2371291
Forgot to add. I give him pills and eye drops at different time of the day.

Pills during lunch and dinner.

For eye drops I try to follow the Vet's instruction and give him every 4 hours. However it is so hard that so far I only succeed in giving him 1 to 2 drops per day.
>>
Try putting the muzzle on without giving the eye drops, and let him lick a spoonful of peanut butter when he has the muzzle on, and take it off. Do that occasionally until he stops biting you. Then use it for eye drops \ with peanut butter after, but keep using the muzzle for times when you will only give him peanut butter too so he won't only associate the muzzle with eye drops.
>>
>>2371307
>>2371291
Ok, thank you for the tip. I'll try to do what I can.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.