[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What breed is this dog

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 20170430_154749.jpg (704KB, 2048x1232px) Image search: [Google]
20170430_154749.jpg
704KB, 2048x1232px
Can you guys help me identify the breed of my dog? He is 4month old and weight about 13KG
>>
For more pics http://imgur.com/a/vEKI1
>>
>>2370257
brown recluse
>>
Isn't that a spider?
>>
>>2370282
No, we're talking about dogs.
>>
>>2370257
Anything without papers is a mutt imo.

Loki's got some characteristics that belong to lots of breeds, so there's plenty speculation to be had, but it really doesn't matter because it's not like you're going to be breeding or showing. Or at least you shouldn't if he doesn't have breed certification.

Is there any particular reason you want to identify a breed he may have heritage from? Is it just because you want to tell people what breed he is if they ask, or are you looking out for medical problems associated with certain breeds, or something else?
>>
he looks just like my doggo and at the same size and color scheme but he's turning 4 this year. He's also a chihuahua-dachshund mix
>>
>>2370794
At first I tought it was an atlas sheepdog since it a popular dog in my area, but then he got his ear up, and i was thinking to mix him with a female rotterman when he get older that's why i want to know his breed.
>>
>>2371254
What's your purpose for backyard breeding?

If you want more dogs maybe you could just go adopt more.
>>
For around $80 at Petco u can purchase a mail in kit that with a couple of hairs tells each breed and % in your dog.
>>
>>2371254
Don't breed your dog when you know he's a mutt and you don't know what potential deadly health issues his genes may contain
>>
>>2371254
>>2371305
What's the point of breeding a specific kind of breed or mixbreed with another mix breed anyway? Do you really think that a dachshund/chihuahua/atlas sheepdog/rottweiler/doberman mix is such a brilliant idea that you just have to bring it into he world? When your determining factor for the sire's breed is the opinions of some strangers on a tibetan knitting network?
>>
>>2371305
I asked the vet about it before even posting here, she told me it is ok since the female dog will be bigger or as the same size as the male, there will be no health issues
>>
>>2372117
She meant for the bitch, man. Of course the actual breeding/carrying/birth part will go fine if the dogs are compatible sizes. That anon was talking about congenital diseases like heart problems and shit. If you don't know your dogs heritage, you don't know their family medical history and therefore don't know what conditions their pups may be predisposed to. If you ask the vet about "health issues with breeding," of course she'll answer about the basic breeding aspect itself because anybody would just assume you have the common knowledge of how genetics work and not think they have to teach you.

For example, (and this is a rare and extreme case, for the purpose of effect, so don't take it literally) if your dog comes from a long line of dogs that die early and painfully because of some weird shit like twisted liver syndrome that runs in the family (possibly even on both parent sides if you want to make a perfect storm of fucked up genetics) and your one dog was lucky enough for the problem to skip over their generation and not have it, it would be irresponsible to create a whole litter with 90% chance of fucked up livers.

More importantly, you still haven't told us what you (or the bitch's owner) want the pups for or what you'll be doing with them once your dog is bred, and that's kind of a really big important part of breeding.
>>
>>
red heeler mutt
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.