[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does one get pet spood, /an/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 8

File: YCQvNjD.jpg (123KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
YCQvNjD.jpg
123KB, 1440x900px
How does one get pet spood, /an/?
>>
File: 1488386745299.jpg (63KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1488386745299.jpg
63KB, 720x720px
>>2370049
A pet store, I'd imagine.
>>
I have checked, no petstore has spood. What do now?
>>
Welcome!
https://youtu.be/mStabb042LU
>>
>>2370049
ask the people that actually know >>2363817
>>
>>2370049
Just catch the spood.
Put it in a toonk.
Give it boogs.
Water the spood.
Give love to the spood.
>>
File: IMG_0459.jpg (1MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0459.jpg
1MB, 4032x3024px
>>2370049
R8 my croob
>>
File: red_crabs.jpg (152KB, 962x383px) Image search: [Google]
red_crabs.jpg
152KB, 962x383px
>>2370472
Messy/10

Cute crabbo though
>>
>>2370478
They are super messy, also the old sand I had was awful. They're obsessed with this fake cactus attached to their water bowls though. No idea why.
>>
>>2370493
Strawberry hermits? How many do you have?

I've heard they're more sensitive than other species of land hermits.
>>
File: IMG_0535.jpg (1MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0535.jpg
1MB, 4032x3024px
>>2370756
Yeah I wasn't aware how sensitive they are, I read normal hermit crab guides and bought the wrong stuff, I'm going to get a bigger tank and a undertank heater when I get paid, poor little guys. The shop I bought em at gave me very poor information.i wanted a horseshoe crab, but I don't have a 180 gallon tank so I was looking for a land crab/lobster/other non spider invertebrate for beginners and they recommended these guys. I have 3, I feel bad that they're in a too small tank but I have no monies at the moment. My random shrimp I found at the lake have been doing alright but I have no aeratior at the moment.
>>
File: ZQL9Y6X.jpg (63KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
ZQL9Y6X.jpg
63KB, 800x533px
>>2370781
I had ONE in a community with purple pinchers years ago back when Petco sold them. They're gorgeous little guys.

If I ever had the space, I'd love to get back into hermits with a giant tank.
>>
>>2370858
What did you use as a base? I'm using sand but they aren't to big on it, I'm going to try that's moss next
>>
>>2370879
I suggest joining Hermit Crab Association. They're really dedicated to the little guys and a few members have even managed to breed them.

I followed their recommended substrate mix of 1/2 brick of coco: https://www.amazon.com/Zoo-Med-Compressed-Coconut-Substrate/dp/B0010OSIHW/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_199_tr_t_3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=2AFJADP2PS3ABCP8DE3Z and one 50 pound bag of play sand, which you can pick up at almost any home improvement store.

I don't think moss would hold a tunnel well at all. The big issue with something like that and coconut fiber are how easily they can get mushy from too much water. EE holds moisture for maintaining humidity (I think strawberries need a fairly stable 80% relative humidity, get a hygrometer) while play sand minimizes the risk of a molting crab's tunnel collapsing greatly.
Another plus for play sand is how cheap it is, only 5 dollars for 50 pounds. You need to have a lot of substrate for crabs. At least twice as high as the largest crab.

All substrates are messy as hell tho.
>>
>>2370781

books schmooks its alla scam to get you to spend more money

theyre scavengers you could keep the things in a bucket and they would never know the difference

toss'em in a shoe box and be done with it. poor people do it all the time and the crabs are fine. hell the japs wear them around their neck.

dont fall for every scam big critter business invents. they would have you buying a gilded thermally engineered biosphere for meal worms if they could get away with it
>>
File: 1479447690329.jpg (51KB, 399x582px) Image search: [Google]
1479447690329.jpg
51KB, 399x582px
>>2370985
>not giving your pets a home immitating the ideal conditions they'd get in their natural habitat
>chinks do it sooooooo
Yeah chinks also keep pets in keychains and shit, nigger, that doesn't make it right, or fit, or propper, and it's anon's judgment whether or not he should give his pets their utmost comfyness.

Now, with that said, ""they"" will absolutely jew you off with anything, and they would absolutely have you buying a gilded thermally engineered biosphere for meal worms if they could get away with it- so common sense and a fair judgment along side on knowledge on what whatever pet you have requires conditions wise is a must.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.