[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will Cats ever get fully domesticated

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: IMG-20170415-WA0007.jpg (48KB, 1032x581px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170415-WA0007.jpg
48KB, 1032x581px
Will Cats ever get fully domesticated
>>
Only if we treat them like the wonderful free beasts like they are and let them roam outside where they can be one with nature
>>
File: 1493563542933.jpg (348KB, 1280x1707px) Image search: [Google]
1493563542933.jpg
348KB, 1280x1707px
>>2370018
what do you mean by that?

pic related, my cat
>>
File: IMG_3356.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3356.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>
>>2370018
Cats are nice, when they aren't sinking their claws in you
>>
>>2370236
>having two faggot cats
enjoy your toxoplasma
>>
So, exactly how I'm supposed to make their litter last?

A 10 kg bag lasts me for a month for my two cats, am I doing it right?
>>
>>2370224
Just use the cat as a pillow
>>
>>2370018
Almost sure they are as domesticated as they can get, just didn't turn into dog-like animals because of natural differences between them
>>
>>2370750
DIY kitty litter from newspaper or brown bags
>>
>>2370750
>>2372492
>stinky catfag meme
>>
>>2370224
That is not your cat, that is pasta.
>>
>>2370224
It's not domesticated it's just American.
>>
>>2370236
Are you indian by some chance?
>>
File: ad_234085936_1486550462_725x725.jpg (162KB, 725x725px) Image search: [Google]
ad_234085936_1486550462_725x725.jpg
162KB, 725x725px
>>2370224
>>
>>2370250
ESL retard please go
>>
>>2370018
Very hard, since their estrous cycle are rather fickle compare to canines which makes selective breeding difficult
>>
>>2374688
GARFIel YoU ARe SO LazY anD FAT
>>
>>2374688
That's the new Angus tiger, McDonalds hired Monsanto to breed them so they could start serving cheap tiiger burger
>>
One of the main reasons people don't think cats make good pets is that they don't understand how to treat cats. People take dog training and raising very seriously, and there is a relatively deep understanding of dog psychology that even is common on a shallow level among laymen.

However, when it comes to cats, the attitude seems to either be "Meh, they take care of themselves" or "I'm going to train him like a dog!", both of which fail and result in frustrated and harmful cats/owners.

Cats basically just need 3 things, in this order:

1. Play. Being solitary predators, each cat feels the need to chase and catch things to feel satisfied. Owners need to play with their cats to keep their cats happy, peaceful, and healthy. Cats get lonely too, and without another cat to play with, they need their owners for company. Cats don't see their owners as parents, like dogs do. They see their owners as big weird cat friends. This is why they will sometimes leave caught pest creatures for you to find: They know that you feed them regularly, and they never see you catch anything yourself with your pathetic tiny claws, so they're trying to help you out too because you're their bro.

2. Eat. After all that hunting, a wild cat would then eat its catch to fill its belly and make up for all that energy spent. Unfortunately toys and pieces of string aren't edible, so kibble or whatever you feed your cat will have to do. You can usually just leave a big pile of food in their dish for them; cats will only eat when hungry, and will stop once they're full or just not hungry anymore, whereas dogs will often literally eat until their stomachs burst if faced with an infinite supply of food.

cont (1/2)...
>>
>>2376094
cont (2/2).

3. Sleep. Wild cats need to rest often because unlike for herbivores, food is hard to get, and often hard to come by. They need to save their energy for the next time they hunt. Pats and cuddles are also nice during quiet time, because as previously mentioned, while cats are mostly solitary creatures, they get lonely, and will often form loose (no hierarchy) packs for company and physical contact. Just remember that cats tend to have a brief, angsty teenage phase where they kind of prefer their personal space. Let them come to you for affection, and eventually they'll come to want more of it over time.

Do these things and your cat will be the good boy/girl. Exercise and play will keep them in healthy shape and stop them from getting pent-up aggression/bloodlust/fighting spirit, and then taking it out on the furniture or you. Eating after they play makes them feel like they accomplished something and can properly recharge, and getting lots of sleep means they feel safe and happy, and helps them live long lives.
>>
>>2374723
kpg?
>>
can someone answer my question here>>2376052
>>
>>2375886
i EaT, jOn, ItS WHAt i dO
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.