[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My untamed budgerigar got out of his cage and has been in my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0323.jpg (207KB, 341x492px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0323.jpg
207KB, 341x492px
My untamed budgerigar got out of his cage and has been in my living room for 13 hours with no food or water, he hasn't been near his cage for all this time..
I really don't want to chase him around, how much longer should I wait? Should I go in another room?
>>
Catch him with garden gloves on, or a butterfly net. Their beaks can't even break the skin.

btw why do you have an untamed bird? I'm willing to bet you take shit care of him. does he have cuttlebone....is his water clear and not filthy....do you give him new activities to do like shred paper so he doesn't lose his mind
>>
>>2368903
Yes, I do take care of him.
We are still making progress, he is 10 months old I think. I've had him for about 2 months, the previous owner was a girl who just threw a blanket over his cage because she didn't want to hear the chirping. I was feeding him milet from my hand when he escaped.
Only change I can think of is that I have now removed his mirror completely, still I don't understand why he doesn't go near his cage..
>>
>>2368911
well, they feel safest in high places. so if he's untamed, he won't go in the cage while you're there. try leaving the room, if that doesn't work you'll have to catch him. and it's good to hear you are taking care of him
>>
You'll just have to grab him. When my cockatiel was still rather wild he took on a long ass chase before he let mom grab him. Next time he got out he was tame enough to simply check if the door was open and then fly back in his cage when it proved locked.
>>
>>2368936
Yeah he is perched way up (right above his cage) looks like he is scared of flying and landing actually so I did what you wrote and am currently in another room. I also put up a perch outside the enterance to make it easier for him. How long do I wait? Is he starving?
>>
>>2368955
these birbs are native to Australia, so can go quite awhile without food and water. he's not going to die suddenly in the next few hours

he may go in and eat/drink then fly back up top. you will probably have to catch him
>>
>>2368982
Ok, good..
I waited 2 hours and he was sitting on my tv, he hasnt been in the cage yet.
I'll wait a bit more but ye I might have to catch him
>>
OP try picking up the cage and holding it up near the budgie. Eh might come inside the cage then. Otherwise turn off the lights, wait till night when he'll fall asleep, and catch him in the dark.
>>
Also I'd avoid trying to catch him while he's not asleep/sleepy because that'll just make him scared of you, and if you're inexperienced, you might have a hard time catching the bird, which will make him even more scared. So just wait till night, it's the easiest thing IMO.
>>
>>2369467
He is still out of the cage and discovering new places. He is very nervous but when I woke up it looked like he was having the time of his life so I let him be..
Theres missing a bit of water so I guess he got in the cage quick to take a sip and maybe some millet. He is tired now so I'm gonna wait until he has slept and then catch him like you said. Ugh he's gonna hate me
>>
>>2369467
Oh, you mean wait until he calms down and falls asleep.
Great, i'll catch him soon then.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.