[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is the last Vaquita marina alive, say something nice to her

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 14

File: C-c9WYwXUAEHMxX.jpg (114KB, 1000x560px) Image search: [Google]
C-c9WYwXUAEHMxX.jpg
114KB, 1000x560px
This is the last Vaquita marina alive, say something nice to her
>>
>>2368280
>alive

real talk tho I hope the Vaquita as a species makes it
>>
>>2368280
f
>>
>>2368280
I guess she didn't swim so good.
>>
File: Dear CIA.jpg (241KB, 693x592px) Image search: [Google]
Dear CIA.jpg
241KB, 693x592px
>>2368304
>Or perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a picture before untangling it from the net.
>>
>>2368304
>>2368994
WHO PAID YOU TO KILL OUT ALL OF THE VAQUITAS?!
>>
>>2369005
Enrique Peña Nieto himself
Umad?
>>
>>2369012
A lot of loyalty for an "animal lover!"
>>
>>2368280
Should have fugged more you dub fish
>>
godnight sweet princess [*]
>>
They are planning on capturing the rest of them in an attempt to save the species
>>
hope you go well with rice
>>
>>2368280
Why is it funny to see a species like this vanish? It's not to me.
>>
You should read this, OP

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2017/apr/29/bid-to-save-vaquita-porpoise-from-extinction-trained-dolphins
>>
>>2369343
He died with a smile on his face.

RIP funny fishy.
>>
>>2370002
>However, the population has since crashed as a result of illegal fishing of a species called the totoaba. Flesh from its swim bladder can fetch prices of more than $100,000 a kilo in China, where it is prized for its medicinal properties.

EVERY. FUCKING. TIME.
>>
>>2368280
Adios
>>
>>2370336
>China

Of course.
>>
I wonder if this whole capturing plan can succeed. Come to think of it, do porpoises even do well in captivity in general? I've never really seen them in aquariums, except for like two individuals who stranded, and one died fairly soon after being rescued. Besides, isn't the marine mammal captivity industry's main argument against releasing currently held dolphins and orcas that they'll die in the wild, and how Keiko was pretty much murdered by "the activists"? How would they go about setting the offspring of these animals free?

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see the vaquita saved and I do hope it works out.
>>
>>2370336
Whats with Chinese and not caring about animals besides themselves
>>
>>2369040
>>2370351
It might have been these guys or the river dolphin that is now excuse but I remember reading up on they had a poor time keeping them in captivity.

With new animals and especially marine animals it takes a lot of mistakes, poor health and death before they get the hang of their needs. Look at captive whale sharks for example.

Not sure what else they can do with these guys unless they 24/7 aggressively guard a portion of their habitat and feed them.
>>
>>2370353
Lacking empathy for other living things and a general lack of respect for the environment around them, or other people is very a common trait for subhuman savages.
>>
>>2370353

Japanese do the same shit.
>>
>>2370490
they do the same to cetaceans, but chinese do it to every single thing
>>
>>2370496

Wasn't meant to be a defense.

It's always some dumbass mass-slaughtering animals because fin or horn makes babies.
>>
>>2370398
Yeah. I just read up a bit about porpoises in captivity, and seemingly the amount of them currently held in facilities worldwide can be counted on the fingers of two hands, while they've caught hundreds in the past. That's how shitty they do and these are harbour (and some Dall's, which did even worse) porpoises that we know a lot more of than the vaquita. Some places keeping them have had (very little, mind) breeding success, but most of the calves died. It's looking pretty grim.
>>
>>2370490
They don't boil dogs.
>>
>>2370553

Food is food. There is a difference between eating a dog, a cat or a rat and killing an animal, taking one single body part because it's a delicacy or a folk magic ingredient and leaving the rest rot.

See also: Motherfuckers who kill deer, take the rack and leave the carcass sit.
>>
Eventually brown people will end up making all animals go extinct.
>>
>>2370557
>comparing a animal about to go extinct to a deer who over populate areas and are hunted to control numbers
>>
>>2370451
>subhuman savages

Nah, it's communism.

Also, I'm guessing, the huge amount of them, which might devalue individual life in a society.
That's just me speculating, though.
>>
>>2370569

>culling an animal because you killed all its predators is an excuse to leave perfectly good meat lying there

There are deer processing places all over that do it for free.
>>
>>2370577
Stands to reason
>>
File: story771.gif (9KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
story771.gif
9KB, 600x450px
>>2370577
>China
>communist

Do you also think that North Korea is a democracy too?
>>
>>2370557
there is a difference between eating dogs and cows though. using carnivores as a food source is unsustainable, inefficient, and less healthy. the deer should definitely be eaten though
>>
>>2371445

An abundant food source is an abundant food source. That's why we eat gators.

If people just cut off a dog's snout and left the rest, I'd say the same thing.
>>
>>2369017
Was getting caught shitposting in a remembrance thread part of your plan?
>>
>>2371445
This is a meme, it's not expensive to sustain a beast on scraps kibble and canned food (implying it's not what all of you do with your doggos anyway).

Using carnivores as companionship for 20 years+ is more unsustainable and inefficient than using them as food.
>>
>>2368280

That'll do, Vaquita marina, that'll do.

;_;

YOU SHALL BE AVENGED
>>
>>2370336

Unsatisfied with driving their own river dolphin populations to extinction, the chink looks abroad...
>>
File: 1490231613989.png (686KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1490231613989.png
686KB, 800x600px
>>2371477
Of course
>>
>>2370336
>B-but muh chinks are doing more now for the environment than the US did
>Muh billions in copying already existing renewable tech
And another example of assholery that will go on the "little" list to refute that shit argument.
>>
>>2371746
Wait who claims that China is better than the US in that department?
>>
>>2371756
In some threads in other boards 've seen this argument that China is being better than the US because while Trump admin has been a step back from previous work, China is using billions of dollars NOW to push renewables into the scenes.
What they don't seem to consider is that China nowadays is the n1 emitter of greenhouse gases, has a shitton of polution, and while they were burning coal like there was no tomorrow, the Western countries have been researching things like eolic whindmills or solar panels and stuff like that.And that's only covering the shit they have done related to energies.
>>
>>2371764

Personally, I'm less concerned about carbon as much as companies being able to dump shit in rivers again.

I fully believe the EPA overstepped its bounds on more than one occasion (banning farmers from keeping/storing rainwater, for example) but gutting the agency is fucking retarded.

Same thing with subsidizing coal. Coal was dead long before Obama. NG killed it.
>>
>>2368280
Haha ugly fish!
>>
>>2371773
Agreed.
>>
>>2370577
pretty sure the chinese did this stuff since before they were communists. Also
>imblying they're still communists
>>
>>2371445
>inefficient
This is a pretty stupid argument against eating something. There might be plenty of good arguments to be made against eating particular animals, but "inefficiency" is not one of them. Go subsist on lentils or something if you actually care about that kind of nonsense.
>>
>>2371801

That's not a fish, you philistine, it is a mammal.
>>
:c
>>
>>2370566
They're only following in the footsteps of innumerable Western nations in the colonial era
>>
>>2370336
Holy shit

Can we create a thread just to amass all of the animals endangered by Chinese folk medicine? I'm actually really curious now.
>>
>>2372004
Tbh most animals of any rarity are considered healthful add ons to rice based diets.
>>
File: CiPOPtqWkAAGoQt.jpg (15KB, 233x267px) Image search: [Google]
CiPOPtqWkAAGoQt.jpg
15KB, 233x267px
Fuck it. If vaquitas go extinct we make the pandas go extinct. They can't keep getting away with this.
>>
>>2371355
It is, after all, formally known as The People's DEMOCRATIC Republic of Korea. As compared to the tyranical People's Republic of Korea
>>
>>2372004
Why not have it right here?
Post any animal that is or has at one point been endangered due to Chinese dick pills
>>
File: 980x.jpg (103KB, 960x642px) Image search: [Google]
980x.jpg
103KB, 960x642px
>>2372216
Can't forget these guys
>>
File: traditional_chinese_medicines.jpg (69KB, 460x270px) Image search: [Google]
traditional_chinese_medicines.jpg
69KB, 460x270px
>>2372219
Self-explanatory
>>
Have there been any Vaquitas put in captivity?
>>
File: pangolin-06.jpg (64KB, 873x641px) Image search: [Google]
pangolin-06.jpg
64KB, 873x641px
They use the scales of these guys for something. The species range from vulnerable to critically endangered.
>>
>>2372004
Anything that is rare.
The point is not medicine, it's to show status.
They don't make rhino horn tea for themselves, they make to a group they want to show off to.
>>
File: o-SEAHORSE-570.jpg (39KB, 570x380px) Image search: [Google]
o-SEAHORSE-570.jpg
39KB, 570x380px
Apparently the main decline of many seahorse species is due to traditional chink medicine
>>
File: Tongue Bear (2).jpg (94KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
Tongue Bear (2).jpg
94KB, 640x427px
Sun bears and Asiatic black bears too
>>
>>2372224
Probably dick medicine.
>>
>>2371481
>>2371871
It's not entirely wrong, why eat a Cat when a single Cow has fifty times the meat?
>>
>>2372153
Pandas suck a massive amount of resources that could be used to save species that actually benefit environments.

They NEED to die off.
>>
>>2372458
why eat chicken when a single cow has 50 times the meat?
>>
>>2372004
any animal product that is rare or bizarre or expensive for any reason automatically becomes ancient chinese medicine, serving the first medicinal purpose that comes in to some con man's head when thinking about it.
>>
>>2369005
ur a smol porpoise
>>
>>2370584
>do it for free
but why?
>>
>>2372671
I assume they keep the crap you don't want and make a profit selling it
>>
>>2371708
Well congratulations you got yourself caught. Now what's the next step of your master plan?
>>
File: Vaquita-Decline-Graph.jpg (62KB, 556x416px) Image search: [Google]
Vaquita-Decline-Graph.jpg
62KB, 556x416px
>>2372744
Crashing this population... With no survivors.
>>
>>2372671
>>2372672

They keep most of the meat. If you're willing to leave it sit in the woods, you obviously don't want it.
>>
>>2372224
pinecones are very common in my region
>>
>>2372224
> Sandshrews could die out in your lifetime

They're so god damn adorable. I at least want to see a baby one in person before they're gone.
>>
>>2370336
This is Africa tier crap at this point, they literally undertake placebos that are made of animal insides.
>>
File: 993040_n.jpg (42KB, 700x477px) Image search: [Google]
993040_n.jpg
42KB, 700x477px
>>2370336
I'm pretty sure those Chinese are killing these endangered species on purpose. Myths about magical healing from animals come from folklore tales that has been passed from generation to generation for 100+ years, and with animals that actually live in the area to begin with.

For example when I was a kid I couldn't walk so my mom made me roadrunner soup, in Mexico we believe roadrunner is good for the legs and and can heal all leg related problems. But we have roadrunner literally everywhere.

The Chinese on the other hand just find out today about a species that is struggling to survive on the other side of the glove and go "I'm pretty sure that can cure erectile dysfunction"
>>
>>2370353
>themselves
themself*, chinese hate each other more than the animals they boil alive
>>
>>2370398
River dolphins were dying in captivity, but only because people didnt know they needed a shallow area to rest in at night, and keeping them in a straight up deep tank killed them from exhaustion.
>>
File: vaquita for uyou.jpg (100KB, 600x452px) Image search: [Google]
vaquita for uyou.jpg
100KB, 600x452px
>>2372649
For (((you)))'s
>>
>>2370336

Totoaba are really rare as well. It's from gill netting and partially because they are huge fish that spawn in the Colorado delta which is barely dumping anything into the Sea of Cortez and the Mexicans are able to go out and just harpoon them in the shallows.
>>
>>2374623
Why??

Maybe they see it and go "Wow that animal/part of an animal looks like a dick. It's the will of heaven that I consume this for my boner."
>>
>>2374779
they also fed the baiji motherfucking bread. I'm not even joking.
>>
>>2375006
because rarer animals can be sold for much higher prices. the actual people who go around selling and advertising it don't actually think that.
>>
>>2372230
Bear bile farming is absurdly horrific. It's like they are trying to come up with as torturous methods as possible for that sake alone.
>>
>>2372224
Aren't pangolins the most trafficked animal in the world right now?
>>
>>2372458
Cats convert sparrow meat and rat meat into something you could actually skin, gut, debone, and put on a skewer. It makes sense.
>>
>>2368994
Bane is moltar?
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.