[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Worried about excessive clinging

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: parkernap.jpg (62KB, 960x670px) Image search: [Google]
parkernap.jpg
62KB, 960x670px
I just got my first dog a few weeks back. My concern though is that I work from home, so I am with him nearly all day, every day. I am worried about him becoming too clingy or getting some sort of separating anxiety when I do have to leave him alone. As it is now, he even cries and seems to panic a bit when I take a shower.
Any ideas on how I can help him from being too clingy and more relaxed when left alone?
>>
how old is that pup?

how old was he when you got it?
>>
>>2367946
He is about 15 weeks now, and I got him at 10 weeks old. That pic is from earlier, but it is the clearest pic I have currently. Most of the time when I try to take a picture, he runs right up to my phone.
>>
>>2367946
>I own a pack animal
>i want to isolate it
>i'm worried this will fuck it up emotionally

Moron. Get another pup its age.
>>
>>2367984
>i want to isolate it

I don't recall ever saying I want to isolate him. I just want him to be comfortable on his own if I have to leave him for a few hours.
>>
Crate training it a good way to teach him he'll be okay by himself while you're gone.
Make sure you associate the crate with positive things like blankets, toys and occasionally treats.

Eventually once he's okay in there you can leave him home alone without being in the crate and he'll be fine

This will take time though it won't just happen within a week especially if your dog is already showing signs of being clingy.
>>
>>2368023
>Crate training it a good way to teach him he'll be okay by himself while you're gone.

This.

Practice "alone" time every day. Put him in crate, and reward quiet behavior, and slowly up the time till the reward. Do the same thing by stepping outside and closing the door, then come back in when he's calm and quiet and reward.

Eventually, he'll get used to the idea of chilling by himself and won't freak when you leave the house.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.