[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ATTENTION /AN/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

Since mods are planning on making an awful nsfw sister board of /pol/, we should call for mods to make a god-tier board that fills in the gap between /an/, /his/, and /sci/
We need to call for mods to make /pre/ - Prehistoric
This glorious board will be about Prehistoric life and the early cosmos
We can discuss dinosaurs, cavemen, formation of galaxies, etc
I would gladly volunteer to become a janitor or moderator for this board so it will not go to waste
>>
I would absolutely love this idea but I don't think the audience would be large enough.
>>
>>2367803
There are enough prehistoric fans on /an/, /sci/, and /his/ combined to make a regularly active board about Prehistoric related stuff
Heck, as I said in OP, we could talk about placoderms, formation of earth, caveman societies, synapsids, etc
The amount of topics we could discuss is enormous when you account for the fact that /pre/ would include the variety of prehistoric topics that are discussed in /an/ /sci/ and /his/ combined
We just need to organize the three boards to collectively call for based mods to make /pre/
>>
>>2367810
But see, I don't think there is, I think its the same 20 people making and replying to these threads. If you can get a mod or janitor to support you on this, I'd be 100% in, but as it stands, it would be the most slow, unpopulated, board on the chan.
>>
>>2367815
It would be way more active than boards like /n/ /po/ /i/ etc
quality>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>quantity
Mods need to make more small quality boards, and not make more big shitty boards like they are planning on doing
>>
>>2367801
That honestly sounds like a terrible idea because every single thread would devolve into feathers vs scales.
>>
>>2367826
It won't just be about dinosaurs, it will be about other prehistoric lifeforms such as giant sloths, the early universe and its formation, the origin of life, cavemen and their migration, and a whole lot of other prehistoric related topics
>>
>>2367829
90% of prehistoric or dino threads on /an/ devolves into scales vs feathers, you can't deny that. And even then I'm sure it's the same 2-4 people getting into the same argument.
>>
>>2367833
As I said before, /pre/ won't be only about dinosaurs
There will be heaps of threads about Paleozoic and Cenozoic animals, and heaps of threads about early universe formation, origins of life, early humans
These threads won't have the feather vs scale shitposts
>>
>>2367838
>As I said before, /pre/ won't be only about dinosaurs
Not at first. Nut as the other anon stated, paleo threads ALWAYS devolve into spergwars over dinosaur feathers.
>>
>>2367852
Read my OP
/pre/ will be about heaps of prehistoric related topics, not exclusively dinosaurs, so feather vs scale wars will only happen in dinosaur related threads in /pre/
In nondinosaur prehistoric threads, there won't be feather vs scale shitposting
>>
>>2367853
>dinosaurs had feathers
This is the dumbest shit I've ever heard.
Who is stupid enough to believe dinosaurs were fucking birds?
>>
I am into this shit but have always hated /an/ if it would be more like /his/ or /sci/ that would be a blessing
>>
>>2367801
Don't we already have these threads here? You know, the dinosaur threads, megafauna threads, Paleo threads etcetc. People forget that /an/ is not just Animals. It includes nature and everything that occurs in it. If you want your own board, maybe you should first start actually making content, give people a reason to give you a board.
>>
>>2367882
They get drowned out by people posting pet stuff
Honestly, 3/4 of /an/ is pets
We need a board for pets, which would free up space for nonpet posts on /an/, beccause all quality nonpet threads get slid because pet threads are made all the god damn time
>>
>>2367801
>We have 3 boards that overlap this one subject
>Let's make another board solely for said subject
This would only happen as a containment board, and as it stands all 3 boards combined wouldn't be enough to justify a containment board. Why are you unable to talk about prehistoric life on /an/, /his/ or /sci/?
>>
>>2367887
Pet threads plague the catalogue of /an/
Homework threads plague the catalogue of /sci/
Nonpet threads on /an/ get slid extremely fast because of the staggering amount of pet threads
We need a board for pets so everything else on /an/ doesn't get slid
>>
>>2367886
>>2367888
So what you're saying is, there is not enough people to keep a thread afloat on a slow board. So you want a dedicated board for it. Do you understand why that may not be favorable? Maybe you need to try a little harder at keeping your threads alive, bump them once in a while and stir up discussion. It doesn't take much, just a folder of images and the ability to post at least once every third day.

Hell I'd even help you out on keeping it alive if you have a 3 day weekend or some shit
>>
>>2367890
I post comments on /an/ almost everyday
>>
>>2367801
>making an awful nsfw sister board of /pol/
/pol/ already is nsfw
>>
>>2367853
>shitposters will limit their shitposting to certain threads
how many minutes have you been on 4chan, newfriend?
>>
>>2367853
>so feather vs scale wars will only happen in dinosaur related threads
wrong

>>2367886
now this is a board that we need.
>>2367890
I post on /an/ everyday all the time too. it's not just about activity you know? pet posters come into nature threads and shit everything up with lack of knowledge. there are too many people who just like qt pets rather than being interested in animals and nature.
>>
>Since mods are planning on making an awful nsfw sister board of /pol/

Wait what? What would it even be about?
>>
Why not just request a discord channel for it on the main /an/ server? https://discord.gg/berMVSz

or better yet, just make a thread about prehistoric shit
>>
>>2368033
>The board is going to follow /pol/'s format (i.e. NWS, flags, and thread-specific IDs) but it will have no topic and rules similar to /b/. The idea is to allow people who like /pol/'s format a place to post off-topic stuff without being hassled by mods, and to help keep /pol/ focused on politics and current events despite the massive growth it continues to experience.
Fresh from ebil, nasty, horrible /pol/
>>
>>2368048
>/bint/

Pass
>>
>>2367888
Honestly the daily "i found this baby animal in my backyard what do I do ;_;" threads are worse than petfags.
>>
>>2368048

>Since /pol/ will cry "shill" if we try to implement some stricter moderation, we're instead going to cave in and give them ANOTHER board to post on with even less rules. That should tone down the shitposting on /pol/, r-right?

Goddamn mods need to grow a backbone.
>>
>>2368074
A containment board for a containment board, how long before another board is created for that one?
>>
>>2367971
So you agree with me that pet posters need their own board so wild animal and prehistoric threads aren't slid by dozens of pet threads spammed on this board?
So there should be /pet/ for threads about pets, and /an/ should be about wild animals and nature, and pet threads should be moved to /pet/?
>>
>>2367801
i can already smell the shitposts from here
>>
>>2367815
so you're saying it would go extinct?
>>
>>2368300
ayyyyyyyyy
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.