[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>cat had 7 kittens an hour ago >has literally eaten 5 already

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 5

File: 1478666261458.jpg (191KB, 653x477px) Image search: [Google]
1478666261458.jpg
191KB, 653x477px
>cat had 7 kittens an hour ago
>has literally eaten 5 already

WHAT THE FUCK DO I DO?
>>
feed her the other two. then you don't need to worry about raising kittens.
>>
>>2367422

Spay your cat?

If she's eaten them, there's not much you CAN do. You could take the other two away from her and hand rear, but then you're getting into some deep waters and intensive work (which I'm guessing you're not prepared for), or you can let nature take its course and see if she'll accept the other two.
>>
Share the two kittens with your wifes son, duh...
>>
>>2367430
>Spay your cat?

We were told she was spay, a friend dropped her off "live on our farm" after she got hit by a car, but she ran off when I took her out to shoot her. She showed up a month later and has been eating way more cat food than mice. Today she surprised us with kittens, and as soon as they are big enough, the whole lot is going going in for spays/neuters.
>>
>>2367436

Drop her back off at your friends. She sounds useless.

Farm tabbies are fucking terminators so they are lying or there is something wrong with her.
>>
>>2367439

She's not a true farm cat, she's a pet that I was supposed to kill but couldn't do after she pulled through. She doesn't even have claws, but I figure after as much as she's been through, she deserves to live the rest of her life as comfortably as I can make it.
>>
>>2367442

You need new friends.
>>
Small update, all kittens consumed, mods can delete this thread.
>>
>>2367476
Post the aftermath
>>
File: images (1).jpg (10KB, 231x218px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
10KB, 231x218px
Do they really eat an entire litter like that?
>>
>>2367476
At least you don't have to take care of kittens now
>>
>>2367483
cats are satanspawn, yes
>>
Do they poop out bones or do the bones get completely digested?

Do what >>2367479 suggests for scientific interest.
>>
Is there a video of this somewhere? Why do they do it?
>>
>>2367517
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slgfKiD9qdM

>Mother cats sometimes eat their kittens if they are unhealthy or have died. This is nature and I would assume the nutrients are needed to feed the other kittens. But sometimes a mother cat will just ignore the ailing or dead kitten.
>>
>>2367517
Lots of mammals eat their newborns if they're under enough stress.
>>
It's rare for a mother to kill an entire litter. Normally they'll just abandon/kill one or two. Odds are those kittens probably had something seriously wrong with them.
>>
>>2367520
>All these dislikes

lol faggots.
>>
>>2367520
For what purpose biologically? If they're unhealthy why not just leave them behind to die? Eating them seems to completely negate x months of pregnancy and the stress/vulnerability that goes with it
>>
>>2367629

>Leaving valuable nutrients behind

Cats are fucking ruthless when it comes to a meal.
>>
>>2367629
Every nutrient is essential out there senpai, besides my guess is they don't want to compromise their position to a potencial predator because of the smell of the dead kitten.
Imagine a cat burying its poop o a doggo eating its own shit.
>>
>>2367629
The mother lost nutrients creating those kittens and birthing them. If she shouldn't/doesn't have to care for them why wouldn't she take the nutrients back?

Another concern is the smell dead kittens may leave behind for predators, bringing more into the area and making her unsafe.
>>
>>2367422
>what do I do?
Laugh
>>
>>2367476
Haha
>>
>>2367898
I agree. They are vermin and should be allowed and encouraged to commit infanticide on every litter they birth.
Which is part of why I trap, kill, and trash outdoor/feral cats and their kittens.
>>
>>2367523
Considering what OP said so far I think the mother was very wounded and poorly taken care of. The kittens were also probably fucked from mom not getting the nutrients she needed in pregnancy. On top of that she was an injured, clawless outdoor cat who didn't want to get found out. It was probably a quad whammy with stress, hunger, fear and ill kittens.
>>
>>2367422
If only human females did that too we wouldn't have an overpopulation problem.
>>
>>2367919
We don't have an overpopulation problem, we have an Africa problem

I'm not even joking or being racist, Africa's population is booming constantly despite the fact they cannot support themselves at all. They starve and live short violent lives, but because of the aid first world countries give Africa they live long enough to have 8 kids, who will receive aid and also grow up to be adults that can't feed themselves and will have more kids.

Look at the birth rate for first world countries - it's mostly falling or barely growing.

Any time someone from the first world says they won't have kids because of overpopulation I get fucking triggered. The problem isn't us having kids, it's literally the fact that we are giving aid to Africa.
>>
>>2367956
Oy vey look at dis racist.
Send some money to Africa to help them poor starving kids Goyim.
>>
>>2367956
>africa
don't forget india
>>
If the mother is overly stressed she will eat the kittens. Mice do the same thing. It is to recoup the energy so they can escape the stress.

However, having cats in human environment causes all manner of fucked of psychological problems. This is especially true if the owner isolate the cat or dotes on it excessively.
>>
>>2367913
>Considering what OP said so far I think the mother was very wounded and poorly taken care of

Consider Op telling you that you're a fucking idiot and he would stake his entire life worth of knowledge raising animals for a living against any online animal enthusiast on this board.

She had no signs of physical injury, was fed daily and was allowed in the house, so you can go fuck yourself. The only thing I did "wrong" was move the kittens because she had them in a sump well, and we were about to get rain.
>>
>>2367442
>using a declawed cat as an outdoors cat
>using a declawed cat as a mouser
dude...
>>
>>2367422
Your post and that reaction image made me laugh so hard.

Didn't know either mother cats eat their children.
>>
File: TFR_vs_PPP_2015.png (241KB, 2583x2188px) Image search: [Google]
TFR_vs_PPP_2015.png
241KB, 2583x2188px
>>2367956
>>2367963
This. It's not a problem with culture or race, it's a problem with development. The more developed a country is, the lower their birthrate, no matter the ethnicity, culture, religion, political ideology, etc.

Hence why countries like Japan, South Korea, China, Iran, Turkey, etc all have Europe-tier birthrates. Contrary to what some believe, low birth rates are not exclusive to the West.
>>
File: C97lCF-XcAAzk03.jpg large.jpg (263KB, 2048x1434px) Image search: [Google]
C97lCF-XcAAzk03.jpg large.jpg
263KB, 2048x1434px
>>2367956
>>2368089
https://ourworldindata.org/fertility/

As child mortality decreases and living standards improve, people have less children. Child mortality in Africa is actually declining nicely, and over the past couple of decades birth rates have decreased there slowly but surely, as they also have in other notoriously overpopulated regions like India.

Other countries, like the ones the above Anon mentioned, have already undergone this development and saw a marked and quick decline in birth rates. I hope that this is going to hold true for Africa as well (and that it proceeds quickly enough, before all of these niggers have flooded my continent).

I'd recommend the Twitter account of Max Roser to anyone who is interested in this, he often tweets statistics showing such positive developments across the world, also stuff like declining malaria infections etc.

https://twitter.com/MaxCRoser
>>
>>2368089
I think very few people believe that low birthrates are a Western thing

If we are ever going to see Africa actually develop we need to either take over the damn place by force or stop giving aid to Africans so that as a people they are forced to either develop or have a drastic population decline and revert to hunter-gatherer society
>>
>>2367436
>friend dropped her off "live on our farm" after she got hit by a car, but she ran off when I took her out to shoot her

So your friend's cat was hit by a car and then brought to your place, so you decided to kill it? Am I misreading this?
>>
>>2367476
Someone explain to me why a cat would eat her kittens
>>
>>2368335

It's pretty common to say " we sent him to live on the farm" to kids when their to young to say "blew his brains all over the yard". Interchangeable with "he ran away".
>>
>>2368405

They're* oops

Also would it be OK to spay her a week after birthing? Every article says spay when the kittens are weaned, but there are no kittens.
>>
File: 1475706077133.jpg (12KB, 252x256px) Image search: [Google]
1475706077133.jpg
12KB, 252x256px
>>2368042
You said you were going to finish her off after she got hit by a car you sensitive/illiterate nigger
>>
>>2368450

>but she ran off when I took her out to shoot her

nothing has ever been in bad shape but bounced back I suppose.

I maintain she has a very healthy appearance, decent finish, and when you get your hands on her you feel nothing out of place. Are you being obstinate on purpose?
>>
>>2368388
Postpartum depression from unbalanced hormones, plus cranky from paw pain brought on from declawing. Or she could be trying to eat the afterbirth, as comes naturally with some animals, but got carried away and ate the litter as well in confusion. Or she has some sense they suffer from inferior genes or medical conditions like premature birth, or coming in a litter so big they all came out too gimpy, and this kinda stuff is just going to make trying to raise them a bitch, so she's terminating them so she can try getting knocked up again sooner and hopefully have a better batch next time. Could be any or all or something else.
>>
>>2368458
>hit by car
>lived outside
>declawed
>pregnant
>ate all of her babies
Yes I'm sure she's fine.
>>
>>2367919
With humans, it's performed earlier during pregnancy and called "abortion." Anybody that says it's unnatural and doesn't take place in the animal kingdom is incorrect.
>>
>>2367908

>(You)
>>
>>2368412
Maybe you should consult a vet. I'd usually guess "just look up the amount of weeks it usually takes until kittens are weaned and do it then," but, if she starts lactating without anywhere for it to go, things can get uncomfortable, so maybe she should be spayed right away?
>>
>>2367898
>they don't want to leave the smell of dead kittens behind
As if she could eat an entire kitten in less than a day which is plenty enough time for predators to catch the smell and eat the fucking mama cat with the rest of her kittens
>>
triumph of antinatalism :D
>>
>>2369027
It's not like kittens usually die very young and tiny in the wild or anything. No, full litters survive and are born fully functional and capable of surviving.
I hear Maine Coon kittens are so big they get abandoned by momas after two nights.
>>
>>2367476
JUST
>>
>>2369027
You realize newborn kittens are generally smaller than rats, right?
>>
>>2367521
Even humans kill their offspring when under stress. Still happens often enough today. There's probably some deep biological trigger.
>>
maybe the kittens were retarded and would grow up like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9Y74rLltuI
>>
I kill cats
>>
>>2369631
Wow.
Why'd we stop eugenics again? Clearly some people don't deserve the right to procreate autonomously
>>
>>2368491
Thanks
>>
>>2368471
Is this for real? Sorry I don't lurk here much or know shit about animals in general.
>>
>>2367422
...your cat ate five kittens in an hour? There's something not quite right about this story, and I can't quite put my finger on it
>>
>>2369840
If you're picturing 1 pound 3 weeks old kittens, then I think you've got the wrong idea. A newborn kitten can weigh about 5 ounces, less if they're underweight. That's about 1/3 of the size of an adult rat. Kittens grow very rapidly in just the first few days so it's understandable that most people picture them larger than the size they actually are at birth.

And besides, she had fit all seven of them inside her just a short time before that. Eating them just after birth only means she moved them from her uterus to her stomach.
>>
>>2367442
>Cat doesn't have claws
>wtf why isn't it killing mice???
>>
>>2369834
>>2369834
The part where he anthropomorphized the animal isn't.
Cats are a slight step above lizards in their sentience level. They operate mostly on instinct and in this instance that instinct was to kill. Probably recognised the kittens as prey instead of offspring.
>>
>>2370030
I didn't mean to anthropomorphize.

I guess assuming that a cat foresees a malformity in a kitten becoming an issue later would be giving them way too much credit, but admittedly animals do have a tendency to reject their runts, even if that could have more to do with instinct than reasoning capacity. But the instinct itself has a vein of logic behind it.
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.