[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why are bivalves not vegetarian friendly but fungi are?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_7151.jpg (460KB, 1728x1152px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7151.jpg
460KB, 1728x1152px
why are bivalves not vegetarian friendly but fungi are?
>>
Because scallops are still in the animal kingdom, so it's a crime to eat them even if they are too primative to feel pain. A portabella though is a ok because it's a fungus.

Veggies are pedantic fucks.
>>
>>2367176

So its just pain? Fungi are lifeforms also, and they are killed, their line ended.

By this logic, it would be okay to eat beef if the cattle were anesthetized before slaughter.

I am not OP, btw. I was just scrolling by and thought the q & a was interesting.
>>
>>2367177
Well I mean, by that logic vegetarians couldn't eat plants either because they are a "life form".

It's just animals. Animal kingdom = off limits for a strict vegetarian
>>
>>2367177
I think it's compounded with how shittily the meat industry is run with its tight spaces and animals festering in their own filth, so anesthesization isn't the issue. I'm pretty sure most veggies/pescatarians would turn back to meat if all meat was treated reasonably, unlike vegans who are sticklers for animal rights and the mere concept of milking or collecting eggs sends them into a tisy.
Plus a lot of veggies still believe that all animals feel an equal amount of stress and pain upon death and bivalves tend to just be chucked into boiling water without being """"killed"""" first. But fungi don't really need to be killed because if you aren't uprooting the mycelium you're essentially just eating the cock and balls.
>>
>>2367176

Even plants are living organisms. Vegetarians are too retarded to understand this.
>>
File: orangutan_orig.jpg (325KB, 1066x800px) Image search: [Google]
orangutan_orig.jpg
325KB, 1066x800px
>>2367176
>>2367189

yeah most vegans and vegetarians are pretty dumb

i have some in my family and they'll scoff at me for eating a raw oyster while feeding their outdoor cats fancy feast while eating cheap battery eggs and nutella for breakfast
>>
File: 00017187.jpg (48KB, 490x732px) Image search: [Google]
00017187.jpg
48KB, 490x732px
>>2367219
>i have some in my family
My condolences.
>>
>>2367177
>Fungi are lifeforms also, and they are killed, their line ended.
I don't think you understand what a mushroom is.

All a mushroom is is the fruiting body of the fungus, the mycelium is the actual growing and living part of the fungus.
>>
>>2367263
My parents became pescatarians after the studies on fish being unable to process suffering or pain came out. They both still eat eggs though so I still don't really get it. Egg farming is some of the shittiest conditions you can put a chicken in.
>>
>>2367267
>what is yeast?
>>
>>2367268
>studies on fish being unable to process suffering or pain came out
but those studies are innacurate
>>
>>2367183
If it's about that, bivalves are the best option for vegetarians because they're not grown in shitty conditions at all, they just find somewhere to sit and filter water
I don't think the expression happy as a clam makes any sense aside from how their lips sorta smile but it's really not that inaccurate
>>
>>2367268
>>2367277
Tell me more about these studies
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.