[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rat breeding, incest.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: %5Cuploads%5CDSC00716.jpg (44KB, 324x243px) Image search: [Google]
%5Cuploads%5CDSC00716.jpg
44KB, 324x243px
I have a male and female rat, only two, I want to breed them, and eventually breed more, but once they have their litter, they'll all be related. I really don't want to buy any other rats, but I will if I absolutely have to. My question is, what will happen, I know there's not guarantee they'll come out okay or with defects, but I'd like to know the worst that could happen.
>>
No*
I'm very tired, my apologies.
>>
File: Rey_Carlos_II_de_España.jpg (19KB, 220x328px) Image search: [Google]
Rey_Carlos_II_de_España.jpg
19KB, 220x328px
>>
Okay, yeah this is weird, but I'm not being ironic or funny, I could understand how it would affect most animals including people, but I'm not too sure about rats.
>>
>>2367082
I know nothing about rats, just be patient, this is a slow board. Might take a while to get an answer.
>>
Thank you.
>>
Why do you have to inbreed? Just breed the first two. If you need another unrelated rat just pick a free one up off CL or shelters. Not like there is a shortage of rats anywhere.

Rats already have a ton of issues without blatant inbreeding. I'm sure they will turn out normal, but without that genetic diversity on Animals already prone to cancer, they will probably be short lived.
>>
File: 14602076256024.png (88KB, 568x548px) Image search: [Google]
14602076256024.png
88KB, 568x548px
>>
Great and valid advice, thank you.
>>
If you want to breed rats, please study rat genetics carefully and get a reputable breeder to mentor you. Do not breed rescue rats, rats from a pet store, or rats you got anywhere except from a reputable breeder with a breeding contract. Make sure your rats visit the vet and get cleared for breeding. The female could have an illness that pregnancy could make worse. The male should get a check up anyway. It won't cost you more than $200.

I want to breed rats in the future and I'm still preparing myself. Reputable breeders in the rat community are trying to breed healthier rats who live longer and are less prone to respiratory illness and cancers. Please don't make it harder for them.
>>
>>2367073
Just let them do the thing and see how many generations of inbreed rats you can have just for the keks.
>>
I'm breeding them as feeders, I don't have the money to buy another pair of rats, do you think I can afford $200?
>>
My family has two cats that came from a litter of brother and sister. The female is healthy as a bull, the male has a shitload of health issues and is super costly b/c of the amount of vet visits he requires.

So, what I'm saying is they could come out fine or have health issues. Do you want to impose those health issues on the rats, and are you going to care for them properly and take care of the vet bills if they do turn out fucked up?
>>
File: The Nicodemus Experience.jpg (23KB, 674x388px) Image search: [Google]
The Nicodemus Experience.jpg
23KB, 674x388px
>>2367125

Its not that hard. Whatever I catch in the barn goes on Craigslist in the city. I make up a J. Peterman story about the rodent, whichever it is and they fall in love, then get the cash, give them my phoney card and haul ass back out of the city, never coming in unless I can unload at least a dozen of the suckers in a weekend, giving each an excuse for delay until I can hit each sale in one weekend and just sleep in the Explorer.

Then I make the rounds, tell the story and dump the little furry farts.

I be pimpin' that rat ass to those city fools and gettin' paid.
>>
I'm not going to lie to anyone, if the rat has health problems I don't care too much because they're being fed to snakes anyways.
>>
I care about their quality of life of course, so if I discover there's something wrong with one I'll just feed it to my own corn snake, I won't sell it. I don't want a little kid to buy a sick pet rat.
>>
>>2367437
Diabolical. As long as you aren't pawning off your shit barn rats to me, then god speed.
>>
Unrelated: Do rats like to bury their food? I've been giving mine grapes and crackers but they bury them, it's getting kind of annoying because dirt keeps getting in their water dish.
>>
>>2367557
Yes, they like to store food for later under their bedding. Move the water dish to the other end of the cage, if you can.

Ps watch out for diabetes in your rats OP, might make them less likely to breed efficiently.
>>
>>2367423
Rats are like 10$ you poor nigger
Stupid namefag
>>
>>2367802
I'm guessing he's considering cage and accessories but if he's breeding for feeders he's better off doing bin cages with felt nesting material and aspen bedding. Which with 2 more females and 2 more males will cost him around 100 bucks if he's not retarded about it.
>>
Exactly.
>>
>>2367082
Incest is the same for all sexual animals. You put them at risk for the genetic conditions their parents have.

Nature abhors incest.
>>
Inbreed them and eventually you'll get a super rat that survives the inbreeding among all it's super fucked up siblings and cousins. I recommend eating it later to attain the fruit of the incest journey that these rats took to attain ultimate rat power.
Or just sell them 5$ a pop to some dude with a hungry snake. It's a bunch of rats bred from domesticated rats, right? They aren't going to be any more useful that way. Maybe you could get another breeding pair or more females to increase the stock. Become the Rat King.
>>
>>2367437
It's not only much easier, but much more cost effective to sell feral kittens (or breed them yourself) to pet stores. If you can sell them as a pure bred, even better.
>>
>>2367073
Why the fuck would you want to breed more rats
>>
>>2367073
Your hooded rat is already severely inbred. It should not be used for breeding.
Just go buy a rat. That much joy should not be as cheap as $11, but it is.
>>
>>2367805
>aspen
Do me a favor, take all your clothes off and sit on the ground and drag your nuts through sharp, dry mulch.
Why people do this to rats is beyond me. Your cage floor should really just be a T-shirt or a towel with paper towels thrown in as nesting material. Yes, it's difficult to enrich a rat without shit to dig in, but you can segregate an area and fill with mulch or baked soil, like a ball pit. Sure they'll make a fuckhuge mess of it, but at least you don't have to feel guilty about them dragging their nuts through splinter land all day.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.