[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the hell is going on? We went from having a 2 week long

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: Nuevo an.png (2MB, 1940x1109px) Image search: [Google]
Nuevo an.png
2MB, 1940x1109px
What the hell is going on? We went from having a 2 week long catalog to a 2 day long one. Where did all these people making useless threads come from? The whole catalog is littered with their 10 reply or less threads.
>>
The whole site got a HUGE popularity gain jump in 2016 and it keeps rising due to constant media coverage.
/an/ is one of the most normie friendly boards.
>>
>>2366931
I know what you mean, but I don't think it wasn't this bad in early 2016 though. I've only begun noticing this in the past week or two.
>>
>>2366933
>I've only begun noticing this in the past week or two.
Well, to be honest it doesn't take much to liven up an almost dead board. I mean what is the maximum thread count? I think 5 at the same time per IP. So let's say a handful of people decide /an/ is their favorite board now. If all of them max out their 5 thread limit you get a quite lively board with just a couple active posters.
>>
>>2366935
>I think 5 at the same time per IP
I've never heard of this restriction, and am inclined to doubt it until I've seen proof. But anyways, I think "lively" is the wrong word, I would hardly call a third of the board being dead threads no one is interested in posting in "lively". "Faster", maybe.
>>
>>2366942
>I've never heard of this restriction
You have never tried to make a 6th thread while 5 of yours are still alive?
>>
>>2366951
No, I make maybe a thread a month. Really I would turn this on its head and express surprise that you're going around making so many threads. Like damn, I trust you, but damn son. We're cut from a vastly different cloth.
>>
>>2366933
The /can/ crossover on April fools day brought in a bunch of people from /c/ along with a number of other people from other boards who checked it out for the spectacle.
I'm guessing some of those people stayed around on /an/ after /can/ was deleted and started posting once they had come to terms with the board (which would line up perfectly with the "past week or two").
>>
phoneposters

i downloaded an android app and the only boards preloaded onto it were /an/ and /ck/

they really need to block phoneposters from starting threads
>>
>>2367065
THIS
How can we get the mods to ban phoneposters from /an/?
>>
>>2367065
What app is that? I've never heard of this

>>2366925
I remember when I could make a thread and forget about it for days at a time. now if I make a thread, it will be gone in a little over a day if it isn't bumped. /an/ changed a lot.
>>
>>2367103
that wasn't even that long ago.
even in 2016 I could easily forget about a thread leaving work at friday and it was still there monday morning.
>>
>>2366925
april fools brought in the dumbshit weebs
>>
>>2367065
Lol. I'm a phoneposter but my threads aren't that bad. Which app are you talking about.
>>
>>2367117
We're twice as fast as /out/, and /out/ got a merge board on April fools
>>
>>2367154
tbf it's /out+soc/
>>
>>2367103
mimi 4chan reader
>>
The mushroom dude story hit a lot of other boards. We came over to remind you all that 4chan is still the asshole of the internet and OP is a fag.
>>
>>2367164
4chan is used by more young people than Facebook, it's hardly the same as it was in, say, 2006. "Asshole of the Internet," in content maybe, but the people who come here are tame as a kitten, and only LARP being that autistic.
>>
>>2367564
This is why 4chan is ruined
It is infested with normies
I wish mods would purge normies from this website
Here's what mods should do:
Step 1: ban phoneposters (stops casual normies from posting while out and about)
Step 2: allow furries and bronies on /b/ (will scare away the normies)
Step 3: Delete /int/ and /soc/ (the most normie infested boards on this website)
Step 4: Remove flags from /pol/ (gets rid of normie facebook memes because normies love bashing other countries for no reason)
Step 5: Ban sex tourist discussion on /trv/ (normies plague the board by talking about fucking hookers abroad etc)
Step 6: Ban console/pc wars on /v/ (normies love hating on people with different tastes, people should ask for console/pc buying advice on /adv/)
Step 7: Allow bronies on /pol/ as long as it is politics related (scares away rebbitors)
>>
>>2367668
>unironically using the word "normie"
You are the problem, Redditer.
>>
>>2367678
>being this mad at me for using common 4chan slang
You have to go back
>>
>>2367730
Only normalfags use "normie" so their friends don't get disgusted in them.
>>
>>2367731
What the fuck are you on?
Normies/normalfags know what normalfag and normie means
Everyone knows they are the same thing
In fact normalfag is probably more wellknown now that special snowflakes like you all say "normalfag" instead of normie so you sound like some elite internet edgemaster
Normie is more obscure in mainstream terminology
>>
>>2367668
As someone who has been here since almost the beginning, deleting /pol/ entirely would be better. They can find somewhere else to fucking congregate, it's dragging the whole site down.

I miss moot, he would have nuked it well before this point.
>>
File: 1271707219431.png (190KB, 381x380px) Image search: [Google]
1271707219431.png
190KB, 381x380px
>>2367743
Are you for real? Normalfag is more well known because it's been used since the dawn of fucking 4chan, kid. "Normie" is Facebook-sanitized, Reddit-tier, Twitch-meme garbage.

Learn your fucking history if you're going to go around and say how 4chan should be run.
>>
>>2367744
He did nuke it, do you not remember /new/? It was a shitfest, far worse than the pony stuff before /mlp/ was made.
>>
>>2366925
>cute things your pet does
This is actually a pretty old thread that just got re-done.
>>
File: disdainforplebs.jpg (26KB, 393x462px) Image search: [Google]
disdainforplebs.jpg
26KB, 393x462px
>>2367744
How does it drag the site down? Because their opposing beliefs trigger you?

Jesus fuck, if you are allowed to have your political position, they are also allowed to have theirs

Deleting /pol/ would probably just send more of the people that you hate oh so much into every other board, including /an/
Honestly a massive number of old /pol/acks have left because the board is already shit, we're hiding among you RIGHT NOW!
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.