[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok tell me how badly I fucked up /an/ >at parents house >parents

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1018.jpg (54KB, 250x222px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1018.jpg
54KB, 250x222px
Ok tell me how badly I fucked up /an/
>at parents house
>parents have big dog
>big dog uncovers rabbit den in yard
>baby rabbits are miraculously unharmed
>my mother is extremely upset at the possibility of these baby rabbits dying
>parent rabbits nowhere to be seen
>mother relocates rabbits to a box
>dumps them in a hole in another in a different part of yard

What's going to happen? How bad did we fuck up these rabbits?
>>
>>2365088
theyre probably dead but dw about it. wild rabbits are a problem in most places in the world- plus letting a litter die is not going to upset the ecosystem in any way whatsoever.

you can feel bad about it but its really not that big of a deal
>>
You should just raise them in a cyclone fence in the yard. Start a rabbit farm and youll have sustainable meat all the time
>>
>>2365094
I can guarantee they are alive
Literally just was looking at them
>>
File: 1472509855394.jpg (146KB, 627x960px) Image search: [Google]
1472509855394.jpg
146KB, 627x960px
>>2365088
They are still somewhere in your yard, right? The mother rabbit will be able to hear and smell her pups from their new location and will decide whether or not to move them to a new den site accordingly.
>>
>>2365103
Are... are those the actual titties for that animal...?
>>
Should probably have put them close to the den. The mother should come back within 24-48 hours to feed them. Put something light in front of the box entrance, like sticks, so you can tell if the mom rabbit has been there.
>>
File: baby-bunny-graphic.png (680KB, 620x960px) Image search: [Google]
baby-bunny-graphic.png
680KB, 620x960px
The thing about the mom not accepting them back if you've touched them is a myth. They should be fine.
>>
>>2365088
>tfw this exact same thing happened to me

>have big english mastiff
>one day i let him into back yard and he's barking up a storm
>he uncovered nest of baby rabbits
>he's just barking at it
>cover it up
>few months later see lots of rabbits in field behind our house

i think they were okay
>>
I got a 'wild' rabbit related question

I moved to southern california like... 5 years ago now and usually I only see the usual desert cottontails about. The other day though I was at a friend's apartment complex and there were these smaller, rounder white rabbits at the attached park. When I approached them to take a photo they bolted much like any cottontail would, but I couldn't find anything like them online.

what the fuck are they.
>>
>>2365222
Probably domestics that someone let loose and began to multiply.
>>
>>2365088
My father twice uncovered rabbit's nests while breaking apart these big old rotting piles of hay on our land. My siblings and I delighted in playing with the bunners for a time before my mother thought she could save them by rebuilding their nest. I knew they wouldn't live but didn't actually care enough to contact a game warden or whatever.

What an ass I am.
>>
>>2365231
they can survive and multiply faster than the coyotes can eat them?
>>
>>2365253
If I large enough group of them were set loose and managed to find shelter it's very possible. That's how most rabbit invasions start.
>>
>>2365256
any idea on the legality of catching them and keeping them?
>>
>>2365266
Look up the laws in your state. If they register as an invasive species most laws will protect your right to capture them for whatever purpose, but may not allow you to keep them as pets. I'd say get in contact with someone who specializes in wildlife law or just the SPCA, though they might just try to get rid of them themselves.
I think if you live in the south west they're be more leniency, but it's still better to check.
>>
>>2365274
It's not in the list of invasives, and not in the list of wildlife...

If it's domestic rabbits gone feral - would the same laws regarding feral dogs and cats apply? As long as I bring it to a vet and check for diseases and licensing if even applicable for a rabbit - would it be alright?
>>
>>2365253
Yeah, I've seen lots of wild buns with 'weird' markings and colours that could only originate from a domesticated one. Some people release them in the wild if they end up with too many and since some pet rabbits are practically feral, they manage to survive on their own and breed.
>>
>>2365108
>key feature of MAMMAls are MAMMAries
>woah does that mammal have mammaries???
wooooow
>>
At least your dogs just bark, my mother has a Norwich terrier, he found a nest, dug it up, either shook them dead, or outright ripped them apart. Find him trotting around with a half alive baby in his mouth and the nest was just a pile of guts and body parts.

On a more positive note, found another nest in my mother's cement pot. The only question is should I worry about them drowning if it rains because the pot is sealed.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.