[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Since this board is about nature too, is anyone else sick to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 14

File: 1492964915766.jpg (741KB, 2880x2116px) Image search: [Google]
1492964915766.jpg
741KB, 2880x2116px
Since this board is about nature too, is anyone else sick to death of this winter that will never end? West coast 4 lyfe here and it should be in the high 80s with plentiful sun by this time of year and day after day it's constant rain, overcast skies, high 40s. I just want this winter to fuck off already. I don't know if it's some El Nino or what that's causing it but I want to just get out and do walks and go bird watching but the constant awful weather always manages to ruin it. Feeling like a caged animal in here.
>>
Meanwhile neets with their burnt with monitor lights eyes are enjoying nosun immensely.
>>
Texas here. It started to warm up and beginning to feel like summer already. Just had a cold front come through over the weekend but the temperature is already climbing back up. I'd gladly take the extended 40 and rainy rather than have that feel of Texas summer heat being around the corner.
>>
It was regularly 70 degrees until late November in nyc last year and 60 degree days came back sometime around mid February. Winter? What winter? The last real winter I remember was in 2013.
>>
>>2364876
It's already getting warmer in my little corner of western Europe.
>>
I live in Texas and we've had almost no winter this year. It cooled down from being high 80s and 90s with this last cold front which is A OK. The reason we are having wierd winters this year is the la niña portion of the El niño/la niña cycle. As global warming intensifies these seasonal cycles will become more and more dramatic. Expect it to be even worse 4 years or so from now when the cycle returns.
>>
Why are you complaining about winter if you're from the west coast? I'm from southern california and I'm dreading the days of 110 degree heat. Winter is a blessing, stop being a poon.
>>
>>2365004
Does that mean we're going to get regular hurricanes again soon in the Atlantic? I've quite enjoyed the last 10 years without having so many.
>>
File: 1378967813504.png (55KB, 214x614px) Image search: [Google]
1378967813504.png
55KB, 214x614px
>>2365004
>As global warming intensifies
>>
>>2365032
Yes?
>>
>>2365028
It depends what part of the Atlantic you live near, some parts of the northern Atlantic have actually cooled slightly in the past few decades, but yes, as a whole the oceans are getting warmer (https://www.epa.gov/climate-indicators/climate-change-indicators-sea-surface-temperature) (enjoy the EPA data while it's available, soon it will be shut down) so in general we will be seeing an increase in hurricanes in the coming years. However this will be most dramatic during the next El niño cycle when the water temperatures raise even more than usual (and the magnitude of these temperature shifts are only going to increase especially given the current administration). Tl;Dr yes more hurricanes coming soon.

>>2365032
What are you getting at?
>>
>>2365032
go away pol
>>
>>2364876
Fuck off, Florida had even less winter than usual. Now it's practically early summer, which mean actual summer and 80% of fall is going to be hell this year.
>>
>>2365032
Whatever you say, the weather is getting more and more eerie. This weekend my place it hailed twice in one hour, with sun shining peacefully in-between.
>>
>>2364876
I'm not sure where on the west coast you are but where I am our weather has been in the 80s to 90s.
>>
>>2365367
Based on what? Your personal 20 years of life experience? Look back at records from 200 years ago. Hell look up the "little ice age". Weather has wild fluctuations sometimes and then goes back to where it was or swings the other way for awhile. Saying our cars have irreversibly damaged Earth in the minuscule time we've been driving them is absurd.
>>
>>2365002
Portugal? Yeah it's getting warmer but today is a bit cloudy in the north.
>>
File: common pepe.jpg (20KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
common pepe.jpg
20KB, 306x306px
>>2365625
>muh little ice age
>i know more than the men in white coats, listen to me a faggot on 4chan who read blogspots!

you being allowed to breathe my oxygen is absurd
>>
>>2365645
The men in white coats are being funded by groups who have a stake in there being global warming. If they don't get the "correct" results they lose their income. Never trust anyone when money is involved.
>>
Fun fact: while common misconception states that transportation vehicles are the major cause of climate change, buildings and other man made structures actually have a greater carbon footprint.

Source: I'm an engineer at a design firm/consultancy that focuses on sustainability and LEED.

Also you can look it up in the Green Building Council website and various other authorities.

Although it's not too say that if we had zero net footprint cities that it would solve the problem. Transportation is only a few percent behind.
>>
File: somewhat common pepe.jpg (8KB, 250x238px) Image search: [Google]
somewhat common pepe.jpg
8KB, 250x238px
>>2365646
>muh ((interest groups))

over and over again you regurgitate like a hen feeding her babies
>>
>>2365032
>you are now aware that it's only America that sees global warming as a political debate while the rest of the world has moved on and can look at the facts.
>>
>>2364876
Not sure what you mean. I'm up in Minnesota and it's finally t-shirt weather. I can even wear shorts on some days.
>>
>>2365642
No.
Cold today though. Lot of wind too. Rained a few drops.
>>
wow!!! that is gorgeous
>>
>>2365646

>never trust anyone where money is involved
>believe what big energy shills tell you
>>
File: 1489894665343.png (106KB, 531x512px) Image search: [Google]
1489894665343.png
106KB, 531x512px
Illinois nigger here, yesterday we had 60 degrees now we have 79 degrees. Its getting warmer here
>>
>>2365383
OP here, Oregon, it is blanketed in a persistent cloud that won't leave. I think I heard in the last 60 days we only had 6 without rain.

Today: more rain and overcast. It should be in the 80s with tons of sun by now. I have the heat going now and am making some hot tea.

Also everyone shut the fuck up about global warming, this thread is supposed to be people complaining about rain with me.
>>
>>2364876
No, as a southerner, it's never cold for long enough. It was fucking 75 degrees at Christmas, now it stays hot from St Patricks day to Thanksgiving.
>>
File: IMG_0888.jpg (69KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0888.jpg
69KB, 1280x720px
Any Houstonfags ready for the flooding that happens every May because our city is retarded?
>>
>>2365984
SF here, it's been overcast and drizzly as shit, but that's nothing new. That being said, there have been more and more days where it's just downright fucking gorgeous outside.
>>
>>2365984
I'll take this extended winter because nobody in Oregon has a fucking AC outside out of academic buildings and such.

Oregon is one of the most backwards states I've lived in, but in such weird ways , and I'm from the south.

At least I only have 1 more year of this.
>>
>>2364893
Hell no, I take lengthy walks in the forest and train at the gym to avoid blood clots and because nature is pretty. My right eye is completely fucked from sitting inside so long.
>>
File: CApNvBoUwAEMQoq.jpg (88KB, 600x464px) Image search: [Google]
CApNvBoUwAEMQoq.jpg
88KB, 600x464px
I have to get out of the northeast. I live on the great lakes, and I can take the cold and snow. I hate the wind though, and it actually gave me some frost bite this winter- in March no less.

But thats not the worst. The worst is that I have never seen a place get so little sun. I puzzle at times how and why humans ever settled here. If its not enough to have 15-25 mph winds every damn day for four months, I never get to see the goddam sun. I could count on both hands the number of days with actual sun over four months.

Let me tell you how bad it gets. You go so long without seeing the sun that:

- When it does come out, you are momentarily confused and frightened because you think the sky is on fire
- You get excited one day because you look out your window and can see full, beautiful, sharp and crisp shadows and gawk like they're rainbows
- You become hyper sensitive to certain bands of light and become disoriented at seeing shades of orange and yellow outdoors
- You go so long without seeing the sky that when a blue spot appears in the sky, your brain first assumes it is a blue cloud
- If the sun comes out, you remember that the grass and sky are actually two different colors, not both different shades of gray
- If you are over a certain age and the sun comes out suddenly, your reflex is to wonder if a nuclear strike is happening
- After about three months of this, it begins to feel like a Stephen King novel, where everyone knows that no one has seen the sky in weeks but no one wants to talk about how its even statistically possible

At one point I was checking the internet for any local records of witchcraft, national weather agencies for un-reported ELE disasters and called distant friends to convince myself I hadnt died

Thats how awful it has been this winter. Not only did I get my first case of frost bite for the crime of being out when the wind started, but my ability to walk diminished from being housebound and the absence of sun has nearly driven me mad
>>
>>2366695
>and the absence of sun has nearly driven me mad
That is an actual medical issue.
I just can't be arsed to look it up.
>>
>>2366695
We can trade places, i live in North Carolina, we get plenty of sun and it's always too damn hot here.
>>
>>2366695
OP again, this is what I'm talking about. Glad I'm not suffering alone, but I hope you get some sun soon. Those brief periods the sky turns blue feels like I've cross over into a different world, a much more colorful and strange world.
>>
>>2364876
East Coast here. Coldest it's gotten in the past few weeks is in the high 50s. Supposedly going to be sunny/ partly cloudy and in the upper 70s and 80s even with a storm on Sunday. How's it feel to be weather cucked by the better coast?
>>
>>2366832

EC here, too. It was pretty mild this winter to be sure.

Recent years we've had extremes. Overall, winters have been mild but those damned arctic vortexes has some snaps where it was -10F.
>>
Indiana fag here.
80's one day, then freezing rain and snow the next. Worst of both worlds.
>>
>>2366695
I get the same shit with the nearly endless sun in socal. This year had a couple weeks of rain and clouds but now it's the same old oppressive sun every day. It's always shit everywhere.
>>
>>2367076

I guess monotony is bad no matter what it is. I like a bit of rain sometimes too. I am in a miserable area where the geography is such that clouds simply park over the sky for weeks when its cold. More accurately, of course, atmospheric patterns constantly scoop water off the lakes to the sky in such a way that the clouds are constantly replaced.

I cannot overstate the misery of wind though. Its impossible to dress for because comfort margins are small. If you dress for wind chill, every time it stops, you overheat. If dont dress for windchill, you freeze. Overheating means sweating, so when it starts again, now you are damp as well.

Constant high winds are miserable. Its like being hit with nerve gas. Your eyes water, your sinuses clog trying to react, so your breathing becomes chaotic, because your reflex is to breathe through your mouth but your intake is constantly re-calibrating to the mild but noticeable oscillations in pressure.

Every time wind speed changes in gusts, your surface temperature, which is already uneven, fluctuates and your body has to figure out what metabolism rate is called for to maintain temperature. This is the same process that can kill fish with shock when changing tanks with no temperature acclimation, to say nothing of lowering immunity for the same reason.

Moreover, wind randomly knocks your body around while you are trying to advance in a certain direction, so you are constantly having to recalibrate balance and position to move in straight direction and stay vertical.

These constant minor adjustments on all axes can create a mild form of motion sickness if constant gusts occur, and add to the disorientation of blurred vision, tear discharge, occluded sinuses, metabolic chaos, shortness of breath and kinetic disorientation.
>>
>>2366927
Ohiofag, former Illinoisfag. I feel you.
>>
>>2364876
This is your new normal. Better get a coat.
>>
>>2364999
ye, the northeast has been breaking heat records almost yearly. i miss the real cold, we only had like 10 days worth of real cold this year around me
>>
>>2365625
>Look back at records from 200 years ago
official records don't even go back 200 years
>>
New England here.
It sucks, but also sucks almost year round.

I used to love rain and cloudy days in NY and NJ but this is too much. Even if its a cold day it feels heavy and miserable here.
>>
>>2365816
then what? Spain?
>>
>>2367399
I'm sure you'll guess now:
>mfw yesterday night temperature dropped below 0 again.
Hadn't in months. It happened all over the country and winemakers are pretty pissed, it killed their crops.
>>
File: 1384920934557.jpg (299KB, 1383x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1384920934557.jpg
299KB, 1383x1600px
>clappers whining about muh winter
>meanwhile you keep getting no snow
>>
>>2367816
Just tell me you fag.
>>
>>2367907
Fine, I live in the north of France.
Fine afternoon today, took the doggie to the park, progressed on her "fetch". She brings the frisbee closer and closer. She still won't bring back sticks and instead just chews on them though.
>>
File: RhMeLPY.jpg (61KB, 500x469px) Image search: [Google]
RhMeLPY.jpg
61KB, 500x469px
>mfw it was 105 today where I live

I love being toasty.
>>
>>2365032
okay call it climate change. the climate is changing, that's a fucking fact
>>
>>2368934
No it really isn't.
>>
>>2368958

Yes, it is.
>>
File: 1453764976172.png (111KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1453764976172.png
111KB, 1440x1080px
>>2369067
Too bad the data don't support that.
>>
>>2368924
4 days of 35 degree weather and constant rain here in Iowa. Ready to kill myself.
>>
>>2369908
>data clearly shows rise in average temperature
>"The data doesn't support that"

inb4 copout I MEANT AGW YOU FOOLS D-DON'T PICK APART MY ARGUMENTS LIKE DAT

either way you're a kook and a scam artist trying to sell BS ideas to everyone by spamming ((interest groups)) whenever people disagree with you
>>
>>2369908

Can you even read the things you post?
>>
File: Angora rabbit.jpg (98KB, 1316x996px) Image search: [Google]
Angora rabbit.jpg
98KB, 1316x996px
>>2366793

Thank you. Things are getting better. I am also buying electrically heated gloves so I never have to deal with that crap frostbite ever again. Im still not fully recovered.

Here is a link if you are interested-
http://www.thewarmingstore.com/

I hope to get these warmed liners.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMQwD2Ad8zM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyDDEmOzDHs
>>
>>2369908
>the data don't support that
>posts data that supports that
My sides
>>
>>2369913
Can you? The dots are what you look at, the lines are what was guessed was going to happen (ie, wrong). A half degree up in the last 25 years is not cause for alarm and falls well within the "statistically zero" range if you go by the math. The dots from 2010 are in exactly the same place as the ones from 1979.
>>
>>2371790

>the dots are what you look at

Except the models are cherry-picked from CMIP, a study which acknowledged at outset it over-estimated both historical and projected warming on a global level, but underestimated it at a local level in China, which the modeling was built for..

What's more, the lower tropospheric data is flawed due to drifting.

Keep getting your info graphics from hugboxes that don't tell you where it comes from, though.
>>
>>2365625
https://xkcd.com/1732/
>>
>>2369908
Poe's law at its finest
>>
>had maybe a month's worth of sunny, warm weather a year at best for most of my life
>starting 2015-16 it's been fucking roasting as early as april
I don't like it
I miss the torrential rain
I miss the wind so much oh god
>>
File: ocean-plastic-chart-2.jpg (93KB, 630x719px) Image search: [Google]
ocean-plastic-chart-2.jpg
93KB, 630x719px
>>2365718
okay, so what are you doing about china then? when the west gives up its manufacturing it doesn't just disappear, friend. it goes to china and other developing nations with very few regulations. you're not fighting "global warming" you're just economically crippling your own nation. while the west gives up its industry it picks up and moves to china. on top of the plastic china dumps into the ocean, you can also see their smog from space and the smog has even reached the west coast of the usa on occasions. it is political whether you want to admit it or not. you're not fighting it, you're just committing economic suicide
>>
>>2372489

So what, they cut regs here and pollute our water and land?

The West didn't "give up" its manufacturing. The companies shifted it overseas and down south so they could pay someone a fraction of the wage and not have to do anything safely or cleanly.
>>
winter just ended today in oregon. it was hot today and im not pleased
>>
File: shitweather.png (22KB, 619x454px) Image search: [Google]
shitweather.png
22KB, 619x454px
Such is life in upstate NY. Cold and rainy.
>>
>>2372653
Yep. Sitting in my house trying to cool off right now
>>
>>2372682
where in oregon are you?
>>
>>2372695
Eugene
>>
>>2365984
I love rain. Fuck summer.
>>
>>2372698
ahh rogue valley here

>>2372700
this
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.