[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thought provoking question

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 11

File: Luvan.jpg (124KB, 900x681px) Image search: [Google]
Luvan.jpg
124KB, 900x681px
Sup /an/.

/k/ visiting with a question me and some buddies were discussing and I figured you guys would get a kick out of it.

"If you had to make any one species of animal extinct; excluding man and insects as those are too easy, which and why?"

I figured maybe the domestic cat.
>>
>>2364779
Negroes

Just kidding, if I have to pick something universally considered an animal Id say fucking Canadian Geese
>>
>>2364788
highly appropriate digits.

Anyone other than Hitler got an answer?
>>
>>2364793
>from /k/
>anybody other than Hitler
Kek, I get it. Just don't have the screencap tho
>>
File: PLKn839g.jpg (122KB, 728x799px) Image search: [Google]
PLKn839g.jpg
122KB, 728x799px
>>2364800
>>
Every subspecies of cow, so the entire world must adopt the American bison as its new domestic grazer.

Bison steaks for all!
>>
REMOVE CANE TOAD
>>
m o s q u i t o e s
>>
Domestic cats
>>
>>2365238
I forgot the why. They've caused the extinction of many species yet their extinction wouldn't negatively impact any ecosystems.
>>
>>2365190
Bison meat smells like ass.

Remove scutigera. I can live with ants and I don't mind spiders.
>>
>>2364779
Sting rays get out reeeeeeee
>>
Remove Panda or any other animal that contributes nothing to its environment and is only not extinct already cause humans find them cute.
>>
>>2365244
you smell like ass
>>
>>2365291
Stop believing normie memes you bandwagoning cretin
Panda is thriving and breeding heaps because recently Chinese have protected its natural habitat
Panda is no longer endangered, it is now listed as vunerable because of extremely successful conservation efforts
>>
>>2364779
I would say parasitic worms because of how unpleasant they are but there is much more than just one species of them and eradicating any one wouldn't have much impact on anything.

So instead, I'll agree with you, OP and say cats because they have no positive impact on the environment and a strong negative one.
>>
I would say fleas or ticks. Pretty sure they contribute nothing to anything besides making people and animals suffer.
>>
>>2364779
>domestic cat
the single animal that helps us against mice and whose last genocide resulted in the black plague? goddamn white people truly deserve to die
>>
>>2364779
I'd go with cats as well.
>>
>>2365443
Get some snakes in your house man.
Some mice traps, some tarantulas, a cane toad, whatever the fuck. A dog can kill mice.
>>
>>2365478
>snake
lol snakes don't care about you and will eat your shit
>mice traps
like cats?
>tarantulas
see snakes, also enjoy getting poisoned
>cane toad
see tarantulas
>dogs
dogs are horrible pest removers

face it, we accepted cats into society for a reason
>>
File: lol.png (903KB, 1024x590px) Image search: [Google]
lol.png
903KB, 1024x590px
>>2365443
>single animal that helps us against mice
>white people truly deserve to die

Catz wuz KANGZ N SHIET of rat killing
Those evil white dogs, birds o prey, and WHITE EXTERMINATORS BEEN OPPRESSIN DA CAT
DA CAT DA TRUE RAT KILLA
>>
>>2365485
>snake
>eat your shit

What the fuck were you even trying to say? Is it going to chew my shoe?

>mice traps
>like cats?

No you dumb fuck, it catches the rat every time, wont play with it like a retard, and doesn't need to be fed/have a box to shit in

>tarantulas
>poisoning you

>dogs are horrible pest removers

No they're not, they do a much faster and better job of killing rats than cats do and won't fuck around like cats. Look on Youtube and there are tons of videos of dogs not even bred for the purpose of ratting doing an excellent job of clearing out a nest of them in a way your cat could never do.
The only true way a cat helps diminish mice and rats is because its terrible scent repels them, unless they're infected - bringing the rat/mouse to the cat. They're lazy fucking hunters.

Cats were accepted because they're cute/cool and because if you didn't have anything else a cat was an okay ratter. They certainly are not the only thing that kills rats and we don't even need animal exterminators anymore.

God I fucking hate non-whites, they are nearly all dumb as a fucking rock
>>
>>2364779
Will you marry me and help me plant my flowers?
>>
>>2364788
>>2364792

Go back to your containment board, /pol/ack
>>
Most of you have no concept of "species" at all. What the fuck are you even doing on /an/?
>>
>>2365488
i know you're joking but dogs have always been terrible rat removers
birds of prey is a whole nother story. cats are a lot like birds of prey really just easier to tame and take care of

>>2365491
>No they're not, they do a much faster and better job of killing rats than cats do and won't fuck around like cats
wrong
>Look on Youtube and there are tons of videos of dogs not even bred for the purpose of ratting doing an excellent job of clearing out a nest of them in a way your cat could never do.
cats do it better tho
>if you didn't have anything else
all human beings on earth have always had dogs. you're a clueless idiot
>>
>>2365500
Why don't you leave?
>>
File: IMG_4001.jpg (77KB, 496x295px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4001.jpg
77KB, 496x295px
>>2365503
Have you never seen a working terrier? It's a whole class of dogs bred specifically for eradicating vermin quickly and efficiently. There is nothing better for ratting, especially in areas where poison cannot be used.
>>
>>2365508
>white people took thousands of years to breed an animal that just does what a cat does anyway
really makes me ponder

humans had dogs for thousands of years and still had to domesticate cats AND THEN breed a specific dog breed just to hunt mice. that should tell you something about the eficiency of dogs as rats killers, no?
>>
>>2364779
I always found it weird how in denial that drawfag was about /k/ and /pol/ having the same population.
>>
>>2365511
Takes a long time to make a masterpiece, and while cats were relevant 2000 years ago they aren't anymore! Now they are *just* a drain. Like yourself.
>>
>>2365517
lol keep deluding yourself dogperson
>>
>>2365511
>that should tell you something about the eficiency of dogs as rats killers, no?
Yeah, it tells me people were so unsatisfied with cats they had to breed something else to actually get the job done.
>>
>>2365500
go back to r/thecuckold
>>
File: kangz.jpg (20KB, 225x480px) Image search: [Google]
kangz.jpg
20KB, 225x480px
>>2365443
>>2365488
>catfags are literally KANGZ N SHIET
>>2365503
he's not joking you retard, have you ever watched a vid of terriers ratting?
>>
>>2365513
Not really. A lot of people who frequent /k/ don't go to /pol/.

It's just a lot of redditors who use /pol/ like to go to other boards to spread their filth. If you're still in denial, just look at /k/'s reactions to /pol/fags at any given moment, they hate them, and the /pol/fags just repeat cuck ad nauseum.

It's actually quite easy to tell r/the Donald or nu/pol/ posters from actual /k/ posters.
>>
>>2365530
white people are unsatisfied with cats
everybody else seems perfectly content
>>
>>2365546
I would say that there is some heavy overlap between the two
>>
>>2365569
Yea, Asians think they're fucking delicious

Also
>implying since only one group might think something they must be the wrong ones
>>
>>2364779
Blue whales. It would be funny to see the sea levels drop if they suddenly disappeared.
>>
>>2365571
Not really.
>>
>>2365485
>lol snakes don't care about you and will eat your shit
what the absolute fuck are you on about
>>
>>2365511
>white people took thousands of years to breed an animal that just does what a cat does anyway
its 100 time more proficient than a cat
fucking ferrets kill rodents better than cats
>>
>>2365611
It's a nigger of some sort, don't try to argue with it. It will always go back to what white people did or thought.
>>
Only skimmed but what wild animal(s) do you think would truly benefit not only us but the world as a whole if they were wiped out, or never existed? I'm not counting pathogens.

My vote would be ticks or mosquitoes, though I'm not sure how bad mosquitoes effect animals when it comes to spread disease. For ticks spreading diseases aside from lyme disease I am also unsure, but I know ticks and lungworms are devastating our moose population by killing off more than half of moose calves.

On that note, do you think the multiple outbreaks of the black plague would have been as bad as they were without rats? It was carried by fleas that also fed on plenty of other animals, which also killed them(though there doesn't seem to be much info on how much it effected livestock populations and most what I am finding is that cats and dogs were killed because they also carried fleas).
I assume the pneumonic plague was a new strain and that was airborne so that may not count, unless it was an 'evolved' strain or some shit. I don't know, I'm not a scientist or doctor.

Even without the cat killing, I don't think it'd stop the spreading much at all. I'm also suspicious about just how many cats were killed due to superstition. I'm sure it happened but there's so much misinformation, lack of real sources/records that it seems overblown.
>>
>>2365573
asians are weird. they eat dogs as well. not an argument.
>>
>>2365611
>fucking ferrets kill rodents better than cats
except that's not true
>>
>>2365511
Cat finds a rat, toys with it for a while, maybe brings it out to the owner.
Dog catches the rat, kills it, brings it to owner, gets praise and goes to catch another.
>>
>>2365742
except it is

cats are the lowest form of shit, deal with it
>>
Bedbugs. The only purpose they serve is to make over-privileged caucasians in hotel rooms itchy and miserable.
>>
OP checking back in.

>>2365421
>>2365443
>>2365471
REMOVE FELINE.

I think we have a winner guys.

>>2365494
Of course /an/ but only if you wear those shorts.

>>2365503
>Dogs have always been terrible rat removers.

Good lord anon.

Read a book, or ... just anything really.

Rat hunting terrier? Really? Never heard of this?

Must be the toxoplasmicosis.

>>2365503
>>2365508
These two are correct. Ratters at work are impressive.

>>2365546
As a /k/ommando and /pol/ack I find it best to keep /pol/ in pol. There's a time and a place for it.

>>2365577
You're either a genius or a complete moron. Maybe both.

I wonder if there'd be a discernible drop?

Apparently there's between 10K to 25K Blue whales on earth right now.

For ease of calculation, they are up to 200 tonnes, so lets just go with there being 15K blue whales at 200 tonnes. [this fudges for juveniles etc]

That works out to 200X15000 = 3 Million tonnes, I know fuck all about boats but a displacement of 3M tonnes seems like a lot.

On the oceanic scale though that's not a great deal, I mean ok that works out to around 400 nuclear submarines?

I don't think there'd be an appreciable dip in the oceans from that.

/sci/ got any input?
>>
>>2365868
Apparently there's 332,519,000 cubic miles of water in the worlds oceans.

A million tonnes of water is apparently about the size of a cube 100M by 100M by 100M. (1609 M to the mile).

Now my metric isn't great but I think there's a lot more metres in a mile than that. In fact that isn't even much of a dent in a cubic mile even multiplied by three.

I know the worlds oceans aren't all quite the same level and displacement+wind+gravity does some weird things, but anyway, removing all whales seems to my pretty poor scholarship to do fuck all.

Perhaps, we can fill the void with all the cats we are going to be genociding based on this thread?
>>
I don't even dislike cats, but I really don't like catfags, especially outdoor catfags.

So just to spite the catfag ITT, put me down as another vote for cats.
>>
File: img-indoor_cat_toys_3.jpg (55KB, 640x425px) Image search: [Google]
img-indoor_cat_toys_3.jpg
55KB, 640x425px
>>2365876
There's even historical precedent for this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Great_Cat_Massacre
>The Great Cat Massacre is the title of a scholarly work on the cultural history of France by American historian Robert Darnton. The book, a series of essays, takes its name from its most famous chapter which describes and interprets an unusual source detailing the murder or "massacre" of cats during the late 1730s by apprentice printers living and working on Rue Saint-Séverin in Paris.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cat-burning
>Cat burning was a form of zoosadistic entertainment in France prior to the 1800s. In this form of entertainment, people would gather dozens of cats in a net and hoist them high into the air from a special bundle onto a bonfire. In the medieval and early modern periods, cats, which were associated with vanity and witchcraft, were sometimes burned as symbols of the Devil.

http://www.kattenstoet.be/en/page/497-510/cat-torturing-in-the-middle-ages.html
>In medieval times cats were tortured and killed during the 'Cat fair' in many West European places. When the Prince of Orange and the Duke of Anjou visited Bruges in July 1582 they were 'very fittingly welcomed with a beautiful device' according to an old text.' This 'beautiful device' consisted of a ship with a high mast that was placed in the centre of the Market Square. Fireworks were placed on the ship at different places and when they were lit a mix of crackling powder and cats meowing resounded. When the ship finally was set alight, the animals perished in the flames.

REMOVE FELINE
>>
>>2364779
Additionally I've seen this image for years, but it's only now, really looking at anything other than /an/'s ass do I notice the watering can has piccatiny rails and a red dot sight.

This has made an old man very happy.
>>
>>2365881
It's funny because of the black plague
People get what they deserve i guess
>>
>>2365893
stop perpetuating retarded catfag myths
>>
>>2364791
>>2364793
When the anon in the meta said to report all racist posts, he was fucking trolling you guys.
>>
>>2365881
Seems hating cats is in my blood then as I've loathed them my entire existence.
Never owned one either; and when I studied about them to try and mold my contempt and ignorance into understanding then I only ended up hating them even more.
>>
File: 1492530583202.gif (455KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1492530583202.gif
455KB, 256x256px
I hate the majority of catfags, but I don't understand the hatred for indoor cats. Just let people have them. Who gives a shit?

I can understand the hatred for outdoor cats because they kill shit, but this is ridiculous.

The majority of people who go out of their way to hate on indoor cats have never owned one. I've owned one, and several other animals too. Have you?
>>
>>2365546
>Not really
Yes really. Any /k/ommando will remember the days of roof korean threads. Plus the actual board statistics.
>>
>>2364779
Any animal or any sort of organisms that its whole purpose is to ruin other ecosystems
I know you said 1 species but I had to say it
>>
>>2364779
Sharks, bro. They are scary.
>>
>>2366307
it goes like this

outdoor catfags get triggered by all the agencies telling them to put their cats inside or like, oohhh my god actually go outside and built something for the cat to shit around in sooooooo much work d00d for the unable to /diy/ nu-males of this generation -----> rely on appeals to emotion or gaia to justify why you're too lazy to keep track of your cat as it evades traffic -----> attack indoor catfags for lol unnatural crime

it's just misdirected anger, they attack dogfags for the same reason. they think the world world is persecuting them for telling them to basically do what the rest of the world actually does with its pets.
>>
Rats.
>>
>>2365907
stop perpetuating retarded anti-catfag lies
>>
>>2364779
dogs, these are annoying, dependant, noisy pieces of shit that need to go. Period.
>>
>>2365519
>>2365511
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWRsnYscv30
>>
>>2366692
Kill yourself you subhuman piece of trash
>>
>>2364800
For the last time /k/ isn't /pol/. We don't even like them much. They just show up and won't leave.
>>
Feral dogs and cats. Both become problems fast.
>>
>>2364779
Pandas. They only still exist because the chinese government learned that westerners love cute shit, so now "panda diplomacy" is helping mainland china push their aganda.

Also pandas going extinct would have very little impact on the environment and may even help global conservation funding reach more important species.
>>
>>2367058
End this meme
Pandas are reproducing rapidly in the wild now their habitat is protected
They hate breeding in captivity
>>
>>2367053
That's not what I was talking about.
See>>2364828
>>
>>2366816
you first :^)
>>
>>2365881

How awful. I am not a great fan of cats, but that is just shameful. Killing animals for entertainment is just niggery. Even if they are pests, it is not morally acceptable to make the death of a weaker creature a spectacle for amusement.

Which is sort of what this thread seems to be about, if I may say so.

"What should we kill- a question for entertainment. Lets call it though provoking to make adolescent sadism sound like intellectual discussion."

Seriously.
>>
>we should kill cats because they are causing some species to go extinct
>yeah but they keep rodent populations under control
>lololol cats cant kill mouse what are you talking about
>>
Itt: butthurt catfags
>>
>>2367316
>We should kill cats because [facts, logic, reason]
>We shouldn't cuz [DEY KILL RATS EVEN THOU I DONT HAVE FIGURES 4 THIS JUST MUH /his/TORY]
>lololol cats aren't even good at ratting

Toxoplasmosis rates are high ITT
>>
>>2367316
Even if they can efficiently kill rats and mice, so many other species can it is not even funny

We have rat poison now too, literally no need for any of them anymore in the case of a rat problem
>>
>>2365664
>I'm also suspicious about just how many cats were killed due to superstition. I'm sure it happened but there's so much misinformation, lack of real sources/records that it seems overblown

Almost certainly way overblown.
>>
>>2368014
Yeah, I thought so. Same with how effective cats are/supposedly deterimental to keep it from spreading. On ships yeah maybe if they're isolated for weeks and months but rats breed and grow up faster than cats can catch and kill them.
>>
>>2365881
So euro cunts were niggers all along, who knew?
>>
I'm so fuckin sick of you edgelord cat haters goddamn

Bet you're proud of yourselves you contrarian shitheads
>>
Chimpanzees, those animals are genuinely evil.
>>
File: dwarf-hamster.jpg (6KB, 260x186px) Image search: [Google]
dwarf-hamster.jpg
6KB, 260x186px
Kill this thing, it's useless and it's mean.
>>
cane toads
no question, no contest.
>>
>>2364791
>nigger
>lel jk, the avian nigger
>>
File: fancyfeast.jpg (137KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
fancyfeast.jpg
137KB, 600x400px
>>2368275
i'm sick of catfags so go fuck yourself
>>
>>2368297
The way they portrayed velociraptors in Jurassic Park always reminded me of what chimps are actually like
>>
>>2365232
This
>>
>>2365443
you are a special breed of retard if you believe that trash. the same fucking flea would have infested the cats instead
>>
>>2368275
i fucking hate catfags for this reason, they can't see anything they or their fucking pestilent pets as wrong, they CAN'T even fathom to be wrong.
>>
bluefin tuna because they're fucked anyways
>>
>>2368297
those things will tear you apart
Thread posts: 96
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.