[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are rainforest animals the most beautiful and colorful? I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: TonyKennedycassowaryEttyBay3.jpg (71KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
TonyKennedycassowaryEttyBay3.jpg
71KB, 600x450px
Why are rainforest animals the most beautiful and colorful? I mean, i know that desert animals are brown because of the sand, that snow animals are white because of the snow, etc, but if that's the case, why aren't most rainforest animals green, for example? Wouldn't it be bad for a flashy blue bird to live on a place that's mostly green and brown? Or is the rainforest so full of trees that animals don't give a hoot about blending in the place because the trees always cover them? And what makes them so beautiful (beautiful, not necessarily colorful) in general?
(I know that there are green lizards and parrots and all, but MOST rainforest animals are always so colorful and flashy)

Also, beautiful animals thread
>>
I imagine the dense foliage cover helps them hide easier than animals that live in open areas like deserts and grasslands.
>>
I suppose because rainforests have abundance of food and water all year round so the sexual selection of brighter colours has gone on longer, compared to north american forests where nearly all animals have to focus on not dying in winter every year.
>>
There are also a lot of poisonous/venomous animals that reside there, and they use their colors as a way of warning potential predators. And then i'd think some animals have evolved bright colors to scare of predators even if they're not venomous/poisonous.
>>
Because God
>>
File: 1492304165555.jpg (27KB, 500x322px) Image search: [Google]
1492304165555.jpg
27KB, 500x322px
>>2364911
Please be a troll?
>>
>>2364920
If you're going to directly quote something, you should use greentext. Basically the 4chan version of MLA quotations.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.