[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

meta talk thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 11

File: Brazilian Intelectuals.jpg (117KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Brazilian Intelectuals.jpg
117KB, 600x450px
What could be done to pull more people to /an/ in your opinion?
>>
*raises paw*
>>
>>2363875
/an/ -> /can/
>>
>>2363875
I hope it has less faggots so less people are needed.
>>
I sometimes ask the the same thing about the /n/ and /trv/ boards. Problem is not enough dumb lazy people like them. With that in mind, perhaps the scarcity of posters is a good thing.
>>
>>2363984
This. More people = more shitposters
>>
>>2363884
I'm surprised they didn't merge us with /vp/
>>
>>2363875
report racism
fire the current janitor
ban anyone that's been here longer than a year- they're the problem
>>
get people like op to leave
>>
>>2363875
Free geckos.
>>
>>2363875
Maybe not having an /an/ discord to split up the userbase would help.
>>
File: SMASHED.jpg (1MB, 2690x1744px) Image search: [Google]
SMASHED.jpg
1MB, 2690x1744px
>>
>>2363995
t. xhu
You animal torturers and ecosystem destroyers will always be extremely hated on /an/
>>
I actually think we need to purge people, too many idiots (sorry)
>>
>>2364502
This honestly. Too many baits and too many people taking the bait
>>
>>2363875
Ask people to use Clover on mobile.

It's the default board for the app
>>
>>2364506
>what we need is more phoneposters

No. You can fuck right off. What /an/ needs is less posters taking shitty bait like >>2364502 and >>2364503 say. More dumb phonepostes would only make that problem worse.
>>
I came here during the /can/ merger and stayed.
desu I'm a disappointed that most threads are about cats and dogs (relatively little exotic stuff), and that there aren't more prehistoric or speculative evolution threads. (I could make some myself but I'm new enough to /an/ that I still want to lurk moar first)

>>2363995
Overmoderation is cancer. Global rules were a mistake.
t. quarter-Chink

>>2364190
I left it quickly after joining it when I realised that. IRC channels tended to kill forums back in the day, I imagine Discords have a similar effect today.
>>
>>2364647
>you can only be in muh sekrit club if you use a PC
Yeah, fuck right off. Like many others I jump on here when I have free time while I'm going about my daily activities.
Not all of us are holed up in mom's basement all day faggot
>>
>>2364651
Go ahead and make them. We have so many newfags you won't learn anything from lurking.
>>
>>2364657
Your weak strawman is just further proof that dumb phoneposters need to go. Discussions here can span days, what we don't need is more mobile idiots jumping in and shitting over every conversation.
>>
>>2364668
>strawman
Good lord you are fucking stupid, whatever device you are using doesn't change this fact.
>>
>>2364683
https://www.logicallyfallacious.com/tools/lp/Bo/LogicalFallacies/169/Strawman_Fallacy
>Description: Substituting a person’s actual position or argument with a distorted, exaggerated, or misrepresented version of the position of the argument.

Please point out where I said I wanted /an/ to be some sort of secret club. I'll make it easy for you: I never did. You just propped up that strawman because it is easy to push over. I didn't even bring up the ad hominem of you saying that I live in my mother's basement because I know your sad head couldn't take it.

Dumb phoneposter.
>>
>>2364685
>hurr durrr, you can only post on here from a computer only
>anybody who posts from a phone isn't doing it right
>let me post a link cuz I'm so much smarter than you
I'll repeat myself for the mentally challenged.
You are fucking stupid, and the device you post on doesn't change this.
>>
>>2364687
>hurr durrr, you can only post on here from a computer only

Please point out where I said that even. Hell, I'll make it easy for you again: I never did.

Please keep on embarrassing yourself though, dumb phoneposter. It really is amusing to me.
>>
What is so bad about using a phone?
>>
>>2364690
It's less about the phone itself but more about the attitude it encourages. From the source of my ass people posting from phones tend to maraud and drive-by post more because there's no incentive to invest oneself into the thread.

This is not to say that everybody that posts using a phone does that, of course.
>>
>>2364690
nothing at all
the sperglords just can't stop sperging
>>
>>2364647
>Implying there's literally any difference between phoneposters and regular posters

Maybe I took the bait, but regardless in a serious discussion there's literally no difference than the way to access this site

>>2364688
There's two ways to access this site easily, and pleasantly.

1. PC
2. Mobile

By saying "FUCK OFF PHONEPOSTERS REEEEE" you're inadvertently saying PC is the only way to browse. You fucking retarded, incompetent, piece of human garbage. Read your own God damn posts, and learn how shit you say comes across.
>>
>>2364699
>FUCK OFF PHONEPOSTERS REEEEE

Please point out where I said that.

Really, do you have anything to post but strawmen? And you wonder why I have such a dislike of dumb phoneposters?

I'll repeat what I said here: >>2364647
>What /an/ needs is less posters taking shitty bait
>More dumb phonepostes would only make that problem worse

I'm saying dumb phoneposters shitpost more, so taking in more dumb phoneposters will increase the shitposting, as all the shitposting replies to me have sadly proven.
>>
the people here take themselves too seriously and often forget where they are
>>
File: 1483205433598.jpg (43KB, 499x360px) Image search: [Google]
1483205433598.jpg
43KB, 499x360px
>>2364704
>You can fuck right off. What /an/ needs less posters taking shitty bait.

>More dumb phoneposters would only make that problem worse

Read your own posts please.
>>
>>2364706
You're right, but this isn't a fight about /an/ anymore. This is a fight that I need to win because I'm sick of the

>WAAAH PHONEPOSTERS

Bullshit. I can only listen to unnecessary incorrect bullshit so long before I really want to prove it wrong
>>
>>2364707
"You" obviously referrs to the poster making the suggestion, dumb phoneposter.

>>2364708
>This guy is claiming that phoneposters are shitposters.
>What shall I do to prove him wrong?
>I know, I'll shitpost!

I think you've done enough to prove my point, I'll take my leave. Good day.
>>
>>2364710
I was that poster you fucking idiot.

And I'm not shitpisting, we're both shitposting by that standard, you fucking hypocrite.
>>
File: 1433106142788.jpg (50KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1433106142788.jpg
50KB, 500x375px
>>2364713
>all caps
>namecalling
>not shitposting
Bruh. Take a step back.
>>
>>2364716
He was doing the same thing, he thought he was better than me even still being a hypocrite.

Bruh take a step back
>>
File: 1449307969102.png (211KB, 327x316px) Image search: [Google]
1449307969102.png
211KB, 327x316px
>>2364708
>This is a """fight""" I "need" to win to stop a meme

I know this is an autistic board, but sheesh. You're acting like you're in a Final Fantasy plotline!
>>
File: this_pear.jpg (62KB, 283x390px) Image search: [Google]
this_pear.jpg
62KB, 283x390px
>>2364737
Look man, I'm mad alright?
Sick of this shit, I agree I'm being autistic, but so is the other fuck.

That and my Dog's going to be put down within 2 hours, which I guess I can see contributing to it.

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying

>Don't argue my dogs dying!

Just saying it's probably contributing to me being this damn autistic
>>
>>2364743
I'm the guy that started that autist off on his anti-phone rant.
Don't be so hard on yourself, they really are fucking stupid.
>>
File: received_265383930571983.png (29KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
received_265383930571983.png
29KB, 800x800px
>>2364754
Trust me, I was retarded even continuing the argument that far after realizing it was a brick wall.

Regardless, I'm gonna go spend some time with my Doggo while I wait out his remaining 2 hours. I think I'll buy him a steak and cook it up or something.
>>
>>2364763
Sorry for your loss anon
>>
There's barely anyone here that actually knows what the fuck they are talking about, but they still need to put in their two cents on every topic. Before you start talking out of your ass, or if you are unsure, just do a quick google search or don't respond.
>>
>>2364647
My laptop is broken faggot so unless you want to fix it for me deal with phoneposters.
>>
>>2363875
Why the hell would you want that? Slow boards are the best comfy boards. Look what happened to /asp/ when the man drama kids migrated in hoards.

Build a WALL!
>>
>>2363995
>nature board
>banning racism

Go to tumblr if you hate biology and reality
>>
File: AN_Icon.png (180KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
AN_Icon.png
180KB, 900x900px
How did /an/'s Discord server grow that big and fast? I know a little of it is because of a small /out/ contingent, but it's clear as day that the majority of it have /an/ as a main board or close secondary. Even some generals are now linking to channel-specific invites in the same server.
>>
>>2364801
/asp/ is better now imo
>>
File: 1489553653291.jpg (205KB, 1125x1125px) Image search: [Google]
1489553653291.jpg
205KB, 1125x1125px
>>2364801
>>2364801
This.
>>
>>2364821
/out/ and /an/ are pretty much two halves of the same board. Should've merged us with them instead of subjecting /out/houses to /soc/.
>>
>>2364836
I'm actively in the discord server itself, and I agree 100% that an merger between /an/ and /out/ would create a more viable board. The discord itself is evidence; it's honestly one of the best board servers I've been in because of the co-existence between the native /an/ population and the /out/ population.
>>
>>2364836
Hell no, merging is death.

/asp/ Had martial arts threads, parkour threads, skateboarding threads, paintball threads and other mundane sports until they decided to add "& wrestling", making the WWE kids from /sp/ migrate and flush out everything from original /asp/. You don't know what you're asking for. JUST STOP.
>>
File: Board Tan (5).jpg (431KB, 1092x1700px) Image search: [Google]
Board Tan (5).jpg
431KB, 1092x1700px
>>2364836
>>2364839
When they first made /out/, there was a slight ripple of discontent in /an/ because people knew it would take away some users of an already small board. /out/ should be changed to /gearfag/. now I think /out/ wouldn't want to be merged with anything, just as /an/ wouldn't want to be merged with anything.
>>
File: pixelwain.jpg (11KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
pixelwain.jpg
11KB, 200x200px
>>2364843
>>2364841
>>2364839
>mfw people are too new to remember April 1st of this fucking year and think I was asking for a permanent merger
>>
>>2364846
He now I'm an oldfag, I've been on 4chan since 2015
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.