[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Poison/Venom

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: I hope you didn't need that leg.jpg (51KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
I hope you didn't need that leg.jpg
51KB, 500x400px
Regale me with tales of or just plain facts about the most poisonous/venomous animals.

I don't know why but I had a strange fascination with these sorts of animals.

>pic related
I remember reading something about a guy who stepped on one of these sneaky bastards and he begged the doctors to amputate his leg because the pain was so fucking brutal
>>
>>2362864
Well anon most of them come from Australia, including that stone fish.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdihHnaOQsk
>>
>>2362864
What about plants? Dendrocnide moroides (common names include Gympie-Gympie and Suicide Plant) has an incredibly painful toxin. Apparently the pain can persist for weeks, even years and has driven people to madness.
There's a rumor a person shot himself after using it as toilet paper rather than suffer the agony.
>>
File: tarantula-hawk-sting.jpg (229KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
tarantula-hawk-sting.jpg
229KB, 960x640px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXjHb5QmDV0
>>
>>2363327
Who /coyotepack/ here?
>>
>>2362906
>Apparently the pain can persist for weeks, even years
Jesus Christ how horrifying. What would even cause a plant to develop such adaptations.

Carnivorous plants with paralyzing toxins are one things. But to cause pain for weeks/years is just so fucking unsettling.

I love it.
>>
>>2363489
>Carnivorous plants with paralyzing toxins are one things. But to cause pain for weeks/years is just so fucking unsettling
what kills a mouse might paralyze a rat or only hurt a person.

these things didn't evolve to have a certain effect on humans.
>>
>>2363491
I wonder if anything is been done to "control" them?

Like they don't serve any purpose, medical or otherwise and the ecosystem most likely wouldn't even notice it's gone. So why not just get rid of all of them?

Judging from the few stories I just read it seems incredibly dangerous and careless to let this plant exist.
>>
>>2363496
>So why not just get rid of all of them?
I suspect the usual reason: its possible use in warfare. But we could beat the authorities to the punch and do some guerilla defoliation
>>
>>2363496
And that's why you should never be allowed to make any decision on ecology.
>>
>>2363496
>why not just get rid of all of them
how can anyone unironically think shit like this
>the ecosystem wouldn't notice it was gone
yes it fucking would ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh you can't just take entire fucking species out of an ecosystem

>>2363491
they don't evolve to have affects on certain animals. it's mostly about size. humans are usually too big for venom to be able to get throughout our whole body. like garter snakes have a small amount of venom that only affects stuff like frogs and mice because it didn't need venom for anything bigger than what they eat
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.