[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ants

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: Bull ant.jpg (625KB, 2144x1216px) Image search: [Google]
Bull ant.jpg
625KB, 2144x1216px
Just had this fucker chasing me around my room trying to sting me..

no shit it was following me around the room like a little demon and then even once in that tub it kept trying to bite/sting me through the plastic when it saw my fingers.

What ants do you guys have to put up with on a daily basis?
>>
I'd remove his limbs to show this little fucker who's the boss.
>>
>>2362802
>What ants do you guys have to put up with on a daily basis?
None, My wife keeps a relatively clean house
>>
>>2362816
Id rather just not fuck with it, they are half way immortal being resistant to crush attacks from boots and when they do sting you its like having a hot nail driven into your body
>>
I have lived in Anglesea on the osuth coast of Australia and there's ants there locally called Skipjacks, they're huge (frequently ~3cm long) and have bright orange jaws and legs and fuckin' hurt if they bite you. Some people are anaphylactic to them, as well. I worked on a school camp there and we had to always warn the kids, if an ant gets on you,flick it off. If you slap it, it won't die.
Tough motherfuckers

Apparently they're more widely called jumping jacks?? I dunno https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_jumper_ant
>>
File: Myrmecia_forficata_a.jpg (154KB, 1130x758px) Image search: [Google]
Myrmecia_forficata_a.jpg
154KB, 1130x758px
>>2362824
>jumping jacks
Thats what we generally call them in victoria, they are generally 10-15mm, they are actually the smallest bull ants.
fairly sure the one in OP is myrmecia forficata, they generally are 20-30mm and also one of the species known to cause anaphylaxis
>>
File: Camponotus ligniperdus.jpg (50KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Camponotus ligniperdus.jpg
50KB, 640x480px
>>2362802
That actually looks like a queen either looking for food or for a new nesting site.

Also Australia having such cool ants makes me kinda jelly.
>>
>Watching Empire of the desert ant last night
Ants are pretty cool, I really regret pouring boiling water on them as a kid.
>>
>>2362820
maybe if you feed it something, they'll learn to recognize you as a friendly / potential symbiont. Or not. But a a number of insects can learn to live with other creatures without attacking them. I'd like to be on the good side of huge ants if possible
>>
>>2362802
Fire ants. I've had more than a few jobs to eradicate them. One job started because a toddler got swarmed by them and almost died, they paid me to wipe them out in a mile radius, I probably killed millions of them.
>>
File: image.jpg (38KB, 463x318px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38KB, 463x318px
Banded Sugar Ants.
These fuckers always get into my cupboards and eating everything in sight and they're really hard to get rid of because they're pretty big and very bitey
>>
>>2362802
Ants are the only animal that I have no respect for. Worst creatures on earth.
>>
>>2362802
That is what you get for living in Australia, anon.
>>
>>2362802

squish it and shut up.
>>
are you really getting bullied by a fucking ant?
>>
>>2364282
you would too.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.