[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bird Law

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

I live in CT and I have a question about local laws relating to birds, specifically ducks. If I have a pond in my back yard and a duck decides to nest there can I legally capture and kill that duck without any sort of permit?
>>
>>2362721
local laws don't apply. Federal law does.

you can't take a duck on your own property without the required hunting license/stamp.

the land is yours, the wildlife isn't.
>>
>>2362732
this

ALL migratory birds are protected by federal law. removing them without the proper permits can get you slapped with a big ass fine.
>>
>>2362721
no because it's a migratory bird. what the fuck is your problem anyway?
>oh god a living thing in my pond MUST KILL
>>
Even taking a feather from a park is technically against the law since it prohibits owning any part of a natural bird species.
>>
>>2363145
OP probably just wants a free dinner
>>
>>2363171
has no idea how high property values and taxes are in the State of Stuck-in-between-Boston-and-New-York-and-make-nothing.
>>
>>2362721
all the migratory bird fags are wrong. most species of duck you would be able to kill and eat or burn or rape at your leisure as they are considered pest species.

there are very few true migratory water fowl. in fact unless a bird is tagged even birds of the same species (canada goose) can be considered nonmigratory and there is much case-law supporting this.
>>
File: 1435902294123.jpg (75KB, 418x281px) Image search: [Google]
1435902294123.jpg
75KB, 418x281px
>>2362721
>Human: "Hey guys, I an animal existed near me. I don't give a shit about its life or anything, but could something bad happen to me if I kill it muahahaha? Because you know I have to because I'm Earth's own demonic species."
Human genocide when?
>>
Noone is gonna know that you killed a duck that landed in your pond, so it doesn't matter.
>>
File: IMG_3722.jpg (72KB, 600x347px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3722.jpg
72KB, 600x347px
Not illegal if you don't get caught, and you can get a nice meal.
>>
>>2363500
literally nothing wrong with it if it's
1: quick, clean, and as painless as possible
2: not overhunting, or hunting of an endangered animal
3: the meat is taken and eaten or the hunter contributes financially (via licensing and access to parks and such) to the preservation of the species and area

daily reminder hunters contribute more to preservation (via licensing, hunting area access, motive to keep animals present, etc) than treehuggers
>>
>>2363523
There's everything wrong with it. You filthy apes have killed enough. It's time for the knife to be turned on YOUR throats.
>>
>>2363523
Additionally, literally every single thing you said was a lie. Hunters are actively bad for the environment. You control so called "conservation" organizations and pervert them into your own personal game enforcement organizations. You kill the strongest and most fit to slake your bloodlust and wickedness, harming entire species. And no force during the entire Pleistocene is responsible for as many animal extinctions as human hunters. You are a plague and a disease to be eradicated. Nothing more.
>>
>>2363523
OP isn't a hunter. he doesn't have a license. he just wants to kill a duck just for living in his pond

>>2363555
>>2363559
grow up
>>
>>2363561
Well yeah, I was mostly reacting to that weirdo though.

Still, I don't see anything wrong with it as long as he does it painlessly and it's not some sort of endangered duck, lmao.
>>
>>2363523
I once helped out with a study of an endangered snake. The population was on a nwr and every year the refuge staff mowed a bunch of them up for the duck hunt. Hunters are a disaster for the environment who accidentally do good things when they can't help it.
>>
>>2363569
>anecdotal evidence
you just btfo'd yourself fampai
>>
>>2363559
>>2363555
>>2363500
Then kill yourself.
>>
>>2363561
>grow up
You refute nothing.

Perhaps you would also see nothing wrong with another eating your children? Surely killing humans don't matter so long as it's "painless", as long as they're food, correct?

>>2363569
They don't even accidentally do good things. The environmental movement is a total disaster in the United States BECAUSE of fucking hunters and ranchers, the fucking despicable fiends. Every single thing that hunters claim about how pious of saints they are is nothing more than either propaganda or flat lies. EVERYTHING hunters do is bad for both animals and the environment as a whole.

>>2363574
No, YOU will be killed. The humans will be REMOVED from this planet.
>>
>>2363575
Are you not a human? Is this an elaborate RP? Are you an otherkin?
>>
>>2363576
I am not like you. And there are none like me. I am a species of ONE.
>>
>>2363575
>tfw rancher-owned land was preferred by bird populations for habitation over government land
>m-muh ebil redneck ranchers
>m-muh GREEN
>>2363577
>this is what treehuggers actually believe
>>
>>2363564
>it's against the law
>I don't see anything wrong with it lmao
>>
>>2363581
>the law is the universal determination of morality
what a fuckin brainlet
>>
>>2363575
sorry bud, but we aren't on the food chain. I love eating domestic cows. they literally exist to be eaten. I even love chicken as food even though I love them as animals/pets too. you need to stop larping you mong. hunters do way more good than you could imagine. you need to do research
>>
>>2363577
ok it's definitely trolling

>>2363583
guess it's fine to rape and murder lmao
>>
>>2363585
>rape and murder is wrong because it's illegal
wew an idiot and a rapist too
>>
File: IMG_7141.gif (2MB, 205x221px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7141.gif
2MB, 205x221px
>>2363577
Holy shit thank you for that anon
>>
>>2363587
>rape is wrong
>LOL UR A RAPIST!!!
>>
>>2363592
>implying rape is wrong BECAUSE of state punishment
>implying it isn't wrong regardless of the law
i didn't know i was talking to lord humungus god damn
>>
>>2363579
>The animals were only endangered because of hunters and ranchers to begin with
Rangers gave both brucellosis and chronic wasting disease to American megafauna. They take land from native animals and poison waterways while consuming the resources of other lands to feed cattle for stupid American pigs.

>>2363584
No more arguments. The time for humans is closing now. You have done this to yourselves and your passing will give joy to others.
>>
>>2363598
*Ranchers
>>
>>2363595
and killing migratory birds is against the law because it's wrong. what's the matter big boy, simple logic too hard for ya?
>>
>>2363598
that was in a time before we had proper ecological knowledge to prevent overhunting. that's like demonizing fucking ancient pre-historic humans for overhunting, or animals overhunting for that matter. What do you expect?
>>
>>2363598
>LARPing as an alien

fuck off faggot you're sunk in this waterlogged barge like the rest of us
>>
>>2363575
>As long as they're food

Man, if I had the option the chose how I go I would want to be food, the painless part would only sort of be necessary.

I would love to die in the belly of a big snake or carnivorous equine, it really would make my life complete.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.