[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Crabs are peaceful creat-

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 9

File: 1492777597906.webm (1MB, 592x320px) Image search: [Google]
1492777597906.webm
1MB, 592x320px
Crabs are peaceful creat-
>>
Damn nature, you scary.
>>
snib snab.
>>
>>2362241
>Come over here, we're the doctor, don't you beliebe us? :snibb:
>>
CRAB BATTLE!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHQq90tg21k
>>
File: 1368574296584.jpg (526KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1368574296584.jpg
526KB, 1920x1080px
>>2362241

Not all crabs are bad. Some are quite cute.
>>
[F]
>>
File: 1490896628065.jpg (347KB, 1658x996px) Image search: [Google]
1490896628065.jpg
347KB, 1658x996px
>>2362241
>>
>>2362241
>Ded-a-chick?
>Dum-a-chum
>>
>>2362304
Kek. Nice one Roland
>>
kinda the bird's fault for getting so close to them and showing how weak it was
>>
The crabs aren't even eating the bird in the last bit, the person filming saves the bird and the last shot is just the crabs eating a washed up fish.
>>
>>2362241

Crabs, like all crustaceans, are oppurtunistic eaters; if they want to eat it, they will. That's why I crack up when people say they refuse to eat tilapia because tilapia 'eats poop' but they'll happily eat shrimp.
>>
>>2362241
The bird was rescued by the film crew. The crabs are eating a piece of fish they substituted.
>>
>>2362373
>humans interfering with nature again
stop it stop it reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>2362381
no

>he thinks his very walking, talking, breathing, shitting and shitposting existence isn't a travesty against nature
>>
>>2362367
Most animals in the wild are opportunistic you spoiled suburban shits. If you think your strict carnivore/herbivore categorization means FUCK ALL to a starving animal you're retarded.
>>
>>2362367
I had a red crayfish that apparently refused to eat (or at least left most of the times untouched) everything that wasn't meat/ham or surimi. And that includes crab pelllets.
>>
>>2362352
>>2362373
Did they take the bird somewhere for treatment, and is it possible to fix an injured wing like that?
>>
>>2362267
that's not a crab
>>
>>2362241
if those crabs actually ate the bird, it wouldn't be a jump cut to crabs crowding over something that you can't see.
>>
When I was little I liked to hunt for crabs in the rock barrier on my local beach. Then I witnessed a bunch of big, scary black crabs taking down and devouring a seagull. I instantly lost any desire to fuck with animals.
>>
Damn menaces, them.
>>
>>2362596
what do you mean by scary crab?
>>
>>2362241
They really are as athropods have no emotions.
>>
>>2362241
>shows sign of weakness

WE MUST TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE FALLEN BLESSING FROM THE SKIES
>>
>>2362621
In other words: snibbeti snab
>>
>>2362381
>humans aren't nature
Lmao @ u, humans are animals like every other. Our cities are nature as much as termite castles are.
>>
>>2362596
That's why you should keep fucking with them. They fuck everything they can prey on and you prey on them
>>
>>2362497
Yes. You'd be surprised at how extreme fixing can come. That bird will probably outlive the both of us, friend.
>>
>>2362352
Tbf it's what would've happened. And it has happened countless times and no one was there to help.
>>
File: crabby crab.jpg (3MB, 2816x2112px) Image search: [Google]
crabby crab.jpg
3MB, 2816x2112px
>>2362573

Its a hermit crab

https://www.lovethatpet.com/small-pets/hermit-crabs/

Erryone likes hermit crabs
>>
bdir didn't git gud and it got ded
>>
Funfact: Most seabird wings cannot be fixed if they are broken like that.
>>
>>2362614
I mean the common European brown crab, but to kid me they were the spawn of Satan, larger than my hand and clicking menacingly
>>
I thought I read it was pretending to be inured to lure the crabs away from its nest.
>>
File: Superior Crab.jpg (26KB, 306x205px) Image search: [Google]
Superior Crab.jpg
26KB, 306x205px
>>2362904
>fears lowly peasant crab
Ha! you havent even begun to know fear until you have tangled with the superior Blue Crab.
>>
>>2362758
dude a coconut crab is a type of hermit crab
well to be fair I do like coconut crabs too
>>
File: 1400830371131.jpg (637KB, 1000x893px) Image search: [Google]
1400830371131.jpg
637KB, 1000x893px
>>2363091

I too like them.

:3
>>
>>2362758
hermit crabs aren't crabs
>>
File: crab a1.jpg (1MB, 2476x2482px) Image search: [Google]
crab a1.jpg
1MB, 2476x2482px
>>2363141

Well, one person repeatedly emphasized that at length without demonstrating any knowledge what the meaningful differences are elsewhere, and instead of sharing information and uplifting the thread, preferred to stomp their foot and rage, shit all over their own thread after themselves using the word crab generally. They proved they were an annoying pedant, but little more.

Hermies are anomura not brachyura, but referred to as crabs all the same.

So lets try to have a nice crab thread, not a shit-flinging contest where people start by posting a crab thread and then retreat to taxonomical terminology to have a tantrum because anomura are commonly called crabs also.

We know koalas are not actually bears, so theres no need to go to war over these things.

The point is noted; hermit crabs are anomura; paguroidea. They are still included in the animals we call crabs. Judging by OPs webm, I dont think this was intended as a serious scientific forum, just some crabby fun.
>>
>>2363182
Is the division between anomura and brachyura as great as between marsupialia and placentalia?
>>
:snib:
>>
>>2363138
Are they kept as pets? I know they are eaten and endangered. How would you care for one?
>>
>>2362630
Not to mention they taste delicious.
>>
File: Birgus_latro.jpg (884KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Birgus_latro.jpg
884KB, 1024x768px
>>2363408

I do not think they could be kept as pets for a number of reasons. I think it would be better appreciated in the wild. To be fair, I dont think a lot of animals kept as pets are appropriate for keeping.

I was not aware they are endangered.

>>2363383

I could not say, There are likely meaningful differences that escape the layman's untrained eye, like me, but no one here has ever expounded on them beyond taxonomy. I appreciate them both generally, so I haven't been moved to learn the distinctions.

For me, it has to be more than anatomical to be relevant. I know, for example, that symmetry has something to do with it. But why are there differences and how does it impact the creature. The distinction between a panther and a jaguar, for example, aren't meaningful unless its explained how those differences emerged and how they shape the life of the creature. How does it affect how they eat, their migration, their life cycle.

If you say that one simply has bigger claws than the other, then the distinction is no more relevant than between one cousin being taller than the other. Taxonomy is more than pedantic cataloging. We are supposed to understand what those differences mean. A seal and sea lion appear quite similar. But the differences, mild as they may appear, have bearing not only on the creature in evolution, but on how they live.

Thats what I'd like to distill; how are the two separate by their differences in applied evolution? Where they shaped differently by environment, by food sources? Or was there more? Like bees and wasps. They have distinctions that seem minor until you realize there is so much evolutionary differences spanning so much time between them.

Anyways, I like crabs. Even things that arent perfectly 'true' crabby, probably owing to my fascination with crustaceans and inverts generally.
>>
fuggin snibbdy snabb'd
>>
>>2362267
>>2363182
>>2363458
I remember that thread, it was ruined by this shit, stop now before it snowballs.

Why is calling anomurans crabs so important to you?
>>
File: file.png (754KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
754KB, 1024x768px
Remember that Xena episode where they tied her up in the cave and all the crabs were going to eat her? Arousing stuff.
>>
>>2362255
Well this takes me back
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.