[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The big red nuisance will not screw off.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: cardinal.jpg (4KB, 224x225px) Image search: [Google]
cardinal.jpg
4KB, 224x225px
Spring is here and for the first time in a long time an incredibly aggressive male cardinal has moved in around my house.

He sits in a bush just inside my neighbors property line but incredible close to the wall of the room where I sleep and he's been waking me up every day anywhere from 6AM to 8 nd then continuing to do a rapidfire noisy beeping the whole day, even into the night when you'd figure it'd take a breather. He's also started attacking the screens of my homes back porch where I keep my sun conure and cockatiel in the day, and a constant banging is heard and my birds are spazzing out.

I don't wanna kill the little mohawk dope, pretty sure there's a law against it to, but I do want to fend him off without having to buy an owl statue or something (which I've heard doesn't work) and release him far away.

Any suggestions on what to do?
>>
>>2361929
buy a big red cardinal suit and chase it off
>>
I had the exact same problem for a week, the little shit finally decided to fuck off for now.

>I do want to fend him off without having to buy an owl statue or something (which I've heard doesn't work)

Boy it sure doesn't work. The little shit made me spend money on a fucking statue and it didn't even have the decency to be scared a little bit. You might want to invest in ear plugs and just increase the volume on your alarm clock if you use one, that's what I had to do.
>>
>>2361930
This. It worked for Sesame Street
>>
File: ezas123.jpg (223KB, 800x563px) Image search: [Google]
ezas123.jpg
223KB, 800x563px
This is the only fucking nature site or forum I've ever been to where people repeatedly complain about cardinals of all things. Not squirrels,
not termites, not the neighbor's dog shitting in your yard. A fucking cardinal is causing you all of your misery. My only practical advice to you is to move to the North Pole. Or just to stop breathing.
>>
>Move into new house in a nice, secluded wooded suburb
>Someone knocks on the front door. Three loud, deliberate raps.
>Open door, no one is there.
>Three loud knocks on the backdoor.
>No one is there.
>Go out to look for cars in the driveway and street. No cars.
>Months pass, ghost knocker comes randomly at least once a day every time I'm home in the daytime.
>Become obsessed. One weekend decide to sit in a chair right behind the front door the whole weekend.
>Knock Knock Knock!
>Open door in 3 seconds–no one.
>shit.
>The next day, Sunday, change strategy: set up chair at the side window to watch the front porch step.
>Knock Knock Knock!
>Look out at porch. No one there!
>Knock Knock Knock!!
>Realize ghosts aren't real, but decide to try to communicate with it anyway.
>knock on window
>lightning fast split-second streak of bright red zips away from front door a foot above the ground.
>FFFFFFFFFFFFFFlllaarrrghhh!!
>go outside and look at door. There is a shiny brass kick panel on the bottom.
>faggot ass cardinal randomly ghost knocks at his own reflection almost every day on doors and upstairs windows for three years.
>Knocking just stops one day, I assume he died.
>Stockholm syndromed so badly I felt lonely for the next few months.
>>
he's looking for nesting materials and calling for mates. it's spring. put 2+2 together.

lay out nesting materials. this can be anything from thin strips of leather or string, cloth strips, ribbon, grass clippings, twigs, and strips of bark. set out some calcium or mineral blocks for the little guy, they can attack masonry or foundations if they need calcium in their diet.

otherwise wait it out.
>>
>>2361995
Male cardinals can be pretty retarded. I had one peck on my kitchen window every day for a few weeks.
>>
File: 1492875033535s.jpg (2KB, 125x122px) Image search: [Google]
1492875033535s.jpg
2KB, 125x122px
>>2362042
>faggot ass cardinal randomly ghost knocks at his own reflection almost every day on doors and upstairs windows for three years.
>three years
>>
>>2363796
Yeah, he was one of the biggest animal douchebags I've ever met. Not even mad. Just impressed.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.