[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's so scary about this bird?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

What's so scary about this bird?
>>
>>2361681
>>
>>2361681
If he looks at you, you turn to stone.
>>
Cassowaries are really good house guests. You should invite one into your home and hang out.
>>
>>2361681
He can gut you with a single kick
Dinossaur noises
Aggressive and petty
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (245KB, 742x609px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
245KB, 742x609px
Yes, a cassowary can kill you in a few kicks. So can an ostrich. So can a cow. Even a raccoon can jump down from a tree and claw your face off (actual thing that happened in my state several times.)

Cassowaries are not aggressive animals, they've just been elevated to meme status due to lack of knowledge about them. Most people don't have wild cassowaries wandering their backyard to interact with. They're fairly shy and would rather be left alone.
>>
>>2361681
It might become extinct because of worst animal :(
>>
>>2361681
I've got a belt made from cassowary leather and beaks
>>
>>2361721
If a raccoon clawed my face off once I'd move state never mind repeatedly.
>>
>>2361721
>Cassowaries are not aggressive animals

>This assessment of the danger posed by cassowaries has been repeated in print by authors including Gregory S. Paul (1988)and Jared Diamond (1997). A 2003 historical study of 221 cassowary attacks showed that 150 had been against humans. 75% of these had been from cassowaries that had been fed by people. 71% of the time the bird had chased or charged the victim. 15% of the time they kicked. Of the attacks, 73% involved the birds expecting or snatching food, 5% involved defending natural food sources, 15% involved defending themselves from attack, and 7% involved defending their chicks or eggs. The 150 attacks included only one human death.

Wikipedia asside, every time I've been in a zoo where they have cassowaries, there was always a massive DANGER AGGRESIVE ANIMAL sign around, which I haven't seen nearly as much for other animals.
>>
>>2361774
In the Australian National Zoo in Canberra, they have one that roams around the zoo freely and guests and pat it if theyd like. It's feathers felt weird as shit
>>
>>2361774
It seems that a lot of people mistakenly think that 'aggressive' means the animal will go out of its way to be a jerk, when it just means they are more likely to either consider you a threat or food.
>>
>>2361781
>. It's feathers felt weird as shit

Define weird, if you can
>>
his dick is attached to his neck that pretty creepy if you ask me
>>
File: 4644.jpg (70KB, 248x252px) Image search: [Google]
4644.jpg
70KB, 248x252px
>>2361774
>71% of the time the bird had chased or charged the victim
>15% of the time they kicked

Fucking Canada geese will charge people. They probably attack more frequently than a cassowary. This is such a stupid meme.
>>
File: cassowary in home.jpg (48KB, 660x371px) Image search: [Google]
cassowary in home.jpg
48KB, 660x371px
>>2361681
Nothing at all! Remember cassowaries are friendly birds and you should invite them into your home.
>>
>>2361774
>most were fed by people
well those people taught cassowaries to approach people. there are signs because they can kill you easily, not because they are likely to.
>>
Are the casso wary?
>>
>>2361921

They're very approachable and can be a good friend to you.
>>
>>2361879
Do they invade homes or do people raise them from chicks and doesn't aus have laws against owning wildlife?

I live in the us and it's illegal to own a whitetail deer.
>>
>>2361969

You don't own them. You just invite them to spend time with you and have a good time. They're good babysitters too.
>>
The cassowary is the best example of a living dinosaur imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wB3BKHmxZ4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dcQO6Zb8Eg

>that deep rumbling
>>
>>2361877
>Fucking Canada geese will charge people
Yes. And that makes them aggresive animals. That's what aggresive means. But a geese doesn't have the means to kill a person.
>>
>>2361879
How big are their shits?
>>
>>2361683
Jesus fuck, that's one hell of a butthole
>>
>>2363120
It has to be in order to hold its massive cassowary dick.

>Biologists have discovered some unusual details about the cassowary's genital anatomy that bear an uncanny resemblance to indigenous ideas about the "androgyny" of these creatures, especially the Bimin-Kuskusmin depiction of the bird's "penis-clitoris." Unlike most other male birds, the male cassowary actually does possess an organ that looks remarkably like a penis; however, this organ does not discharge semen internally as it does in mammals. The cassowary's phallus is "invaginated," that is, it has a tube-like roll of tissue that opens at the tip of the "penis" but is not connected internally to the male reproductive organs. This male's vagina-like cavity is in fact used to retract the phallus by turning it "inside out" (causing the non-erect "penis" to resemble the finger of a glove that has been pushed inward). Consequently, although the male cassowary inserts his erect phallus into the female during mating, he ejaculates semen through his cloaca, an orifice at the base of the phallus that also doubles as the bird's anus and urinary organ.

>Female cassowaries mate, lay eggs, defecate, and urinate all through the same orifice, the cloaca (as in all other female birds)?but the cloaca is exceptionally large in this species, being capable of passing eggs weighing up to 1-1/2 pounds. Most amazingly, all female cassowaries also possess a phallus, which is essentially identical to the male's in structure but smaller. The "female phallus" is sometimes referred to as a clitoris, but it would be equally valid to speak of a "male clitoris," since the male cassowary's "penis" is not an ejaculatory organ.
>>
>>2363114
no it makes them defensive
>>
File: IMG_5213.jpg (27KB, 632x463px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5213.jpg
27KB, 632x463px
>>2363129
>>
File: 1485203502356.gif (2MB, 179x320px) Image search: [Google]
1485203502356.gif
2MB, 179x320px
>>2361721
Did he died?
>>
>>2361681
its the closest thing we'll get to a to a dinosaur we'll ever get.

>b-but anon they are dinosaurs

yeah i know just shut up
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.