[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which is best

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

File: IMG-20170409-WA0009.jpg (1MB, 4032x2268px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170409-WA0009.jpg
1MB, 4032x2268px
Coldwater tropical or marine and why
>>
Brackish water is underrated.
>>
true... Dwarf puffers are surprisingly entertaining!
>>
>>2360368
Tropical.

I work with fish and people have an insane problem with maintaining coldwater tanks and have no interest in the money and time for marine.
>>
People often forget to mention the goldfish are so dirty and grow so big needing space... my tropical is so stable in comparison... Martine tank about to start of but it's costing more than others combined
>>
>>2360368
tropical, community tanks are the best. should def get into marine tanks once you have the exp.
>>
>>2360393
fuck goldfish
>>
File: 20170415_120800.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170415_120800.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
Setting up this... marine on top op picture underneath.... need to redecorate before setting up though as I'm not moving it once in place
>>
>>2360405
that's gonna be nice, make sure to try your hand at anemones, they look amazing after maturing.
>>
Anemones are a bit more difficult... need to learn so much before getting one
>>
>>2360368
I keep saltwater tanks. I wouldn't recommend it unless you've always had a burning desire to do it. They're easy enough once you get a routine down but they're not very forgiving and they're extremely disappointing when things go wrong. It's not terribly uncommon to have several hundred dollars worth of livestock die in a single week when something goes bad.
>>
>>2360416
had this bitch one time come into my store 30 minutes after our saltwater shipment arrived
>be me
>store fish dude
>in walks 30 some year old woman
>hi do you have any tangs
>well yeah I have two yellow eyed, but they just got acclimated 30 minutes ago
>oh great i'll take both and your flame angel
>miss I highly advise against that but it's your check book
>proceeds to check out
>150 dollar purchase
from what I heard the angel died on the way home, and a tang developed ich later that week.
>>
>>2360416
Starting fish only...
2 clown
Bandai cardinal
Pistol shrimp n watchman
Fire angel
Need some cleaner fish i think theres a goby good for eatimg algae.

Obviously i would be buying 1 or 2 a month not all at once
>>
>>2360423
Hard choice... bad decisions to sell but income is needed
>>
>>2360426
oh yeah love the fish but profit margins and quotas
>>
>>2360429
I would love a yellow tang but tanks too small... 200l... 100cmx40x50
>>
File: a2 (2).jpg (113KB, 563x506px) Image search: [Google]
a2 (2).jpg
113KB, 563x506px
>>2360423
yeah, I can remember when flame angels were $35 and really common. I think they're the newb's favorite fish to kill.

>>2360425
>Fire angel
they vary. I don't know if I'd consider them a starter fish. Coral beauty angel is a lot easier to keep but they're still way less forgiving than the rest of your list. Problem is if you buy a coral beauty you can't get a flame angel later since they usually don't tolerate each other.
>>
>>2360431
I think our flames are 45 mainly sell a bunch of clowns, thanks nemo
>>
>>2360431
It will be one of the last to buy so still got time to decide

>>2360435
They are pretty and i always liked them before movie ... i see so many wild for sale its worrying what it's doing to the ecosystem
>>
File: a (1024x809).jpg (481KB, 1024x809px) Image search: [Google]
a (1024x809).jpg
481KB, 1024x809px
>>2360435
Nice price. Flames I see in Colorado run $70-$90 lately.

I've just been keeping assorted damsels, a coral beauty and a tank-bred nemo. Lots of color and movement but nothing fancy or expensive.
>>
>>2360442
yeah our vendor normally has really great prices, cant seem to breed Oscars to save their lives tho. just recently got in some anemones, we sell our condy's for 10, none of our clownfish have hosted yet though. do you have a host for your clown?
>>
File: swarm.jpg (108KB, 619x572px) Image search: [Google]
swarm.jpg
108KB, 619x572px
>>2360447
condys will kill clowns. Most clowns are smart enough to stay away from them.

I had a long-tentacle I got off a friend for a while. It lasted about 2 years in my tank before it bleached and died. I haven't replaced it. Anemones are really touchy and I don't like things dying in my rocks.

I might get a hammer coral for my nemo one day. Not sure. Waiting to see what the tank does over the years. How it matures. Right now I'm growing a type of algae that kills corals and maybe anemones on contact.
>>
>>2360452
wow I didn't know that! of course my marine experience is very limited, that's the only type we've gotten in from our orders tho. in fact I had another aquatics spec tell me condy's are great hosts when I was doing my initial training, really makes me want to go back and fact check all my marine tips. thanks anon
>>
File: a.jpg (432KB, 1710x871px) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
432KB, 1710x871px
>>2360454
You're welcome.
It's not impossible for a condy to host, it's just really unusual.

More often clowns just avoid them. Or get eaten by them. That's one reason condys are so cheap. They're pretty nems though. I like them.
>>
>>2360387
Why are people having trouble with coldwater aquariums? Are they keeping fish that can't handle heat or feeding too much during cooler months or something?
>>
>>2360441
You see a ton of wild clowns for sale? Where at? I work in a reef shop and I don't know that we've bought a wild clown in probably four years. All of them are captive breed now. We usually buy from sustainable aquatics.
>>
>>2360707
My lfs had 20 to 30... more than i have seen at once... they do also have captive so might be a recent batch they got on offer or something
>>
>>2360407
>make sure to try your hand at anemones
Eww this is bad advice. Most anemones require great water conditions and high lighting. Even the cheap pink ones they sell in every store tend to die pretty quickly.
>>
>>2360937
hence why I said once he gets experience
>greentexting knowing that the warning is below what you greentexted
really seems like you didn't read :^)
>>
>>2360372
Dwarf puffers live in freshwater. I believe you're thinking of a different puffer.
>>2360393
>dirty
They actually aren't as dirty as people say. That comes from inexperienced fish keepers. I kept a fancy goldfish tank 55 gallons and a 55 community planted. Around water change time I had a reading of 0/0/20 in the goldfish tank which is fine especially for 3 fancies. 0/0/10 in the planted community tank.
>>
>>2360984
They change to brackish as they age
>>
>>2360946
Was it advice or a suggestion! I felt it was a recomendation to look into not am outright instruction
>>
>>2361091
Ahh you're thinking of a different type of puffer. Dwarf puffers are freshwater. Are you thinking of the green spotted puffer or the figure 8v
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.