[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stupid question time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

Does your city require your dog to wear a license tag at all times? If so, do you keep the tag on your dog?

Mine does, it's in the city ordinances (though nowhere can I find anything saying that you could be charged with anything or fined for not complying.) But I rarely if ever see anyone actually keep the license tag on their dog.

I have my dog's license tag on her, because I'm just...ridiculously paranoid about anything bad happening to her (including potential fuckery with the city if she ever got lost and recovered without the license tag--would they give me trouble about returning her to me?)

I would really prefer to just have her regular ID tag on (with her name and my info,) so she doesn't have multiple tags on her collar all the time.

She's microchipped, and that microchip number is registered with the city along with her license information, so if they did pick her up and scan her, they would find that she is in fact licensed with them. I'm wondering if that's enough, or if they would still take issue with it. I don't even know if it's really a thing that's enforced at all with animal control. Anyone else have experience with this kind of thing?
>>
File: img-0697.jpg (52KB, 369x413px) Image search: [Google]
img-0697.jpg
52KB, 369x413px
>>2360028

What's wrong with multiple tags on her collar? If you're worried about it making a noise, you can get things like pick related which all but silences any clanking tags.

On my rough she's got a microchip tag, her normal tag and a medical tag with her current medication on it.
>>
>>2360028
>Does your city require your dog to wear a license tag at all times?
i swear, white people make up the dumbest fucking laws
this just makes life harder for everyone.

whats the point? whats the damn point of any of that?
>>
>>2360028
>I would really prefer to just have her regular is rag on so she doesn't have multiple tags on her collar
Literally what difference does it make? Are you that autistic?

>>2360057
>what's the point?
Revenue stream for the city which collects registration fee and then tickets violators. Helps them levy harsher penalties against shady bybs and other people trying to stash large quantities of dogs. Helps them sort our strays more quickly.

It's annoying to deal with but anyone with critical thinking skills can understand why a city would do it
>>
>>2360028
>Does your city require your dog to wear a license tag at all times?
Yeah
>do you keep the tag on your dog
Nope
>>
My city should be GOD DAMN GRATEFUL I at least pay for the fucking tag even though I don't bother to put it on. I bet at least 80% of the dog owners in this city don't license their dog.
>>
Yep. How much is it where you all live? It was $65 when my dog was intact and went down to $35 after he was fixed the following year
>>
>>2360056
Right now she's got two tags on her collar on the d-ring--her rabies tag and her license tag--and also a slide-on ID plate with my info on it.

The reason I don't want multiple tags on the d-ring is because they rub against each other and wear down faster. It's obviously not a HUGE problem (she's got two on there right now) but still, I'd just prefer not to have rub at all. Can't use tag silencers on them either because both the license tag and rabies tag are irregularly shaped, and they don't make tag silencers in those shapes, I've only ever seen round ones or heart shaped ones.

>>2360060
To the autism question, no, I don't think so, but I am obsessive-compulsive so I'm sure that plays into it.

>>2360234
It's a little cheaper here, I think $10/year for intact dogs, and if your dog is spayed or neutered (mine is) you can get a lifetime license for $35.
>>
>>2360057
Money.
I got fined for a unlicensed, licensed dog. She was in the yard while I wasn't home and didn't have the tag on her and proving she was licensed still got me fined $300 because it wasn't attached to her.
>>
>>2360471
You can use glue (like multipurpose or glue gun) around the edges to silence them.
>>
>>2360476
Are you serious? They fined you for not havign the tag on your dog despite having proof she was licensed, when she was on your own property? That's ridiculous.

>>2360481
Wouldn't the glue just come off?
>>
>>2360057
It's also used as a way to identify ownership and keep track of animals. They are thinking of forcing cats to have licenses too so that animal control can start enforcing laws on cats like they do dogs, which would mean fewer stray and feral cats, and it would be easier to track down cat hoarders.

>>2360234
Holy shit it's $10 fixed for me.
>>
>>2360057
>system to make sure dangerous animals are registered
>somehow a bad thing

I like it because it easily differentiates the strays from the pets. If a dog has no collar or tags then it's fair game to exterminate.
>>
>>2360957
>I like it because it allows me to be edgy on /an/ lmoa XDd lol u triggerd yet dogfags check my (You)s

here's your 1 on the slowest board
>>
>>2360829
Depends on the glue, I use the all purpose stuff and make sure I go round with a big thick loop
>>
File: P4200001s.jpg (168KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
P4200001s.jpg
168KB, 1000x750px
>Does your city require your dog to wear a license tag at all times? If so, do you keep the tag on your dog?
More like nation-wide dog registration program, but yes my dogs wear annual license tags. I keep them on their flat collars along with their ID tags. They aren't legally required to wear them on my own private property, but they must wear their tags in public by law. I just leave them on.

They're both chipped, which is a legal requirement here as well as registration. One of them has an ID tattoo in his ear.

>>2360234
$90 annually per sterilised dog. $120 per intact dog. $150 for a menacing or dangerous dog. $120 per sterilised dog if you register late. If the pound picks up your dog and it is unregistered, to get the dog back you must pay for the registration, kenneling, and feed, and it's extremely steep, like $80 per day, so it's very much easier to register your dog in the first place or abandon it at the pound and never go pick it up at which point it will be assessed and either handed over to a shelter for adoption or euthanised.

Refunds will be issued to you if your dog dies during the registered year, and also if you get your dog neutered or speyed during the registered year.

>>2360471
I guess I'm lucky. First because we don't have rabies in country so rabies vaccination is only required for dogs traveling overseas, and second because our licensing tags come as little plastic strips that you can slip right onto the collar and don't have to go on the D ring.
>>
>>2360057
In New Zealand, annual dog registration started during the 50s or 60s as a way of ensuring people were getting their dogs regularly drenched so they weren't vectors for hydatids, which were a big health concern for people. By the late 80s/early 90s, hydatids were much less of a big deal, but the registration proved a useful way of keeping track of which dog belonged to which person at which address, and became a way of helping manage dangerous and stray dogs, and so registration rolled over.

The registration pays for the animal management officers, their vehicles, their training, their equipment, and the upkeep of the local pound, depending on which council you register your dog with.

The only dogs that are currently exempt from registration are working farm dogs in rural areas. Other working dogs, such as disability service dogs and police dogs, are still registered but the fee is waived.

In this context it's not some "white people thing" but a useful registry allowing for better dog management.
>>
>>2361465
>~$100+ per year
Holy shit, that's steep. They don't offer a lifetime license of any sort?

The plastic strips are neat, though

Mind if I ask where you're from?
>>
>>2361570
New Zealand. I think the costs vary by location.

I have two dogs, but they're both neutered so it isn't too bad as a one-off cost.

There is no lifetime license. You renew your license every year, get that year's tag, stick it on your dog.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.