[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cats thread ( this is my cat rocket, he's 17 years old

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 153
Thread images: 24

File: IMG_4303.jpg (194KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4303.jpg
194KB, 1136x640px
Cats thread

( this is my cat rocket, he's 17 years old and probably never going to die. on really hot days he likes to go outside and use this rock as his little pillow )
>>
>>2359885
Cats go inside.
>>
That's pretty cute he seems like a chill bro

But
>outdoor cats
Tho
>>
>>2359885
That's almost the situation I was in recently. That cat definitely reminds me of mine.

But then, things went seriously bad.
>>
what an ugly piece of shit
>>
I've been playing Persona 5 and I'm starting to want a cat.

I had a dog for a few months but he really didn't fit the apartment lifestyle well and I work a whole lot so I could give him enough walks and stuff.

I live by myself and I want some company.

Thoughts?
>>
>>2359973
Speak for yourself, there is no such thing as an ugly cat, but you have an ugly heart
>>
>>2359973
I don't approve of outdoor cats as much as the next guy, but that's mean. That cat is very cute and sweet looking.
>>
>>2359997
It doesn't matter where it is if it's not a dog
>>
>>2359885
>this is my cat, he likes to go outside
Guaranteed replies. Enjoy your (You)s
>>
Why do outdoor cats trigger /an/ so much?
>>
cute cats
>>
>>236001that's a bit of rude sir
>>
>>2360022
Because they
>fuck the local environment (local fauna is NOT adapted to wild predator mammals in almost all urban locations)
>are a sign of neglectful pet owners
>are not well adapted to people/socialized in many cases (though admittedly not all)

In addition, cats in general
>smell like piss and shit/ammonia, and make your house smell the same. you cannot deny this; cat is noticable upon entry
>carry literal brain parasites
There are other opinion based reasons but those don't apply to outside cats

>inb4 dogfag
Dogs have a slew of their own issues too but there's almost no such thing as an outside dog so
>>
>>2360022
It's an all around bad pet practice. Bad for the environment, bad for the cats, bad for other people, eventually bad for the owner.
>>
>>2360030
>muh fauna

What about before cats were domesticated? What kind of animal's habitat is 'inside a house'?

My indoor cats wanted to go outside so much they only came in to sleep. Was I to deny them going outside to be cats? And this wasn't a shitty apartment but a country house surrounded by fields. My cats are happy cats.
>>
File: IMG_20170216_174336.jpg (1MB, 2201x2855px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170216_174336.jpg
1MB, 2201x2855px
My 2 years old cat. He ran away 2 months ago.
>>
File: download_20170403_093540.jpg (829KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
download_20170403_093540.jpg
829KB, 2048x1152px
My fat autistic sonofabitch
>>
>>2360040
>And this wasn't a shitty apartment but a country house surrounded by fields.
IMHO this is not the same as some one living in an urban environment and letting thier cat roam. Granted thier are still plenty of negatives.
Your cat can live a completely healthy and happy life inside. You arguing that they "need" to be outside is just an appeal to nature and no different than thinking it should have a litter of kittens once just to experience motherhood.
>>
>>2360030
>fuck the local environment (local fauna is NOT adapted to wild predator mammals in almost all urban locations)

Not everyone is Australian and have to worry about fucking bunnies killing everything.
>>
>>2360120
This study was exclusive to the US.
http://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/feral-cats-kill-billions-of-small-critters-each-year-7814590/
>>
>>2360040
Hundreds of years too late for that argument bud
>>2360120
as >>2360131 showed, they destroy local ecosystems in urban environments
>>
>>2360030
>smell
What? Cats smell gorgeous. I seriously like to sniff my cats. It only smells like piss in the house if they piss inside the house. A well-placed litter box with well absorbing material should do, though our cats got used to peeing and shitting outside on the meanwhile.

>carry literal brain parasites
You're just meme'ing now, right? Like half the global human population is infected; it's a symptom-less virus just like the millions of bacteria everywhere on your body. Different question if you're pregnant or have a newborn in the house.
>>
>>2360172
>I like to sniff my cats

You know toxoplasmosis infection makes the scent of cats more appealing to the infected, right?

http://www.nature.com/news/parasite-makes-mice-lose-fear-of-cats-permanently-1.13777

>The microbe is a single-celled pathogen that infects most types of mammal and bird, causing a disease called toxoplasmosis. But its effects on rodents are unique; most flee cat odour, but infected ones are mildly attracted to it.

>it's a symptom-less virus

Wrong, it's neither a virus (being a eukayotic parasite) nor symptom-less as it's associated with increased rates of mental illness and prospective future car accident.

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/9/11/03-0143_article

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/03/090311085151.htm

https://web.stanford.edu/class/humbio153/SuccessfulParasite/Analysis.html

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19356869

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC117239/

Hope you don't start hearing voices toxoplasmosisfag. :_)
>>
>>2360172

>Smell good
Dude do you have a nose?
>Symtpom free
False, and I don't know about you but I want to keep my brain, as well as my child's, free of bugs
>>
>>2360178
>You know toxoplasmosis infection makes the scent of cats more appealing to the infected, right?
Has this been proven true for humans? I can certainly smell cat piss, but their own smell is pleasant and I don't notice it unless I really sniff their fur up close.

>those studies
LOL, that's some very, very, very flimsy evidence, if you know how to interpret study results.

>>2360184
>free of bugs
Jesus christ you people sound paranoid.
>>
cat haters are LITERALLY uneducated trailer trash who need a dog's constant reaffirming of their narcissism
>>
>>2360185
>paranoid
I just want to be of sound health and mine :^)
A cat would hinder that
>>
>>2360189
>the only people who dislike cats are people with dogs
Another great example of catfag logic
>>
>>2360185
>I know more than literature because I am a smart Google ScholarĀ© :)

latent toxoplasmosis infections shouldn't be allowed to post on 4chan
>>
>>2360172
you definitely have toxoplasmosis
>>
>>2360172
>Cats smell gorgeous. I seriously like to sniff my cats
>>2360185
>their own smell is pleasant and I don't notice it unless I really sniff their fur up close

cats smell like rancid grease and urine

anyone who thinks they smell good definitely has brain parasites
>>
>>2360230
that sounds more like dog smell than cat smell to me. dogs are absolutely filthy and love rolling in shit, vomit, dead animals etc
>>
>>2360244

>that sounds more like dog smell than cat smell to me. dogs are absolutely filthy and love rolling in shit, vomit, dead animals etc
Dogs are easier to wash and don't literally shit inside the house
>>
>>2360247
basically

people with smelly dogs generally aren't taking good care the dog

cats just naturally smell like rotten butter anus
>>
I bet these anti-catfags have never actually owned a cat and are just repeating memes, or treater their cats so terribly that the cats didn't even properly groom themselves.

A cat that's well-fed and happy will clean itself thoroughly and have a shining fur without any unpleasant odor.

You literally never even need to wash cats. They just clean themselves.
>>
>>2360326
>coating itself in bacteria-laced saliva
>"""""clean"""""

Oh god
>>
>>2360326
>spread my own saliva all over myself all day between eating fucking vermin and cat food

SO CLEAN

never change, retarded catfags
>>
>>2360257
Some dogs smell like dog matter how many times you wash them. Breed dependent.>>2360328
Bacteria is everywhere forever and always. We are covered with bacteria.
>>
>>2360328
>>2360329
Jesus Christ you're a pair of memeing idiots.
Bacteria are ubiquitous; the only question is what type of bacteria we're talking about.
Generally the inside of the mouth of an organism eliminates bacteria that it's not used to containing, and hosts a specific set of bacteria that are normal for it.
Do you have any evidence that cat saliva is known to contain dangerous bacteria?

You don't, but keep on memeing.
>>
>>2360384
>what is cat scratch disease?
>>
>>2360384
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=cat+saliva+pathogens

You realize the reverse is also true, right? Your saliva can transmit zoonosis to your cat.

How do catfags misunderstand biology this hard?

>hurr bacteria is everwhere so might as well cover myself in shit, lmao helminth eggs? wuts that loooool
>>
>>2359984
Cats are perfect company in that situation. What floor do you live on? Do you live in a city?
>>
>>2360326
My ex-girlfriend owned a long hair tabby and a grey short hair. We broke up because she wanted to move them into my house though.
My parents also own a cat but i have explained to them proper care and they work very hard to eliminate the odor
>>
>>2360085
Can cats even be autistic?
>>
For a specific cat breed do I have to look for a breeder or in a pet store? Or should I just hope that a shelter has it and if not then just adopt a cat anyway?
I'm paranoid of mills and I don't even know how to find a breeder. They sound expensive too.

>>2359885
>letting it outside
Why
>>
>>2360493
2nd floor.

I like in a suburb.
>>
>>2360501
Cats don't come in "breeds" as such. They have a much shorter domestication history than, say, a dog, but not a long enough one to warrant a breed distinction. We observe trends within varieties, such as calico hair or Maine Coon size, but they aren't breeds as such.
Despite that, go through a shelter or adoption center until you find one that you want. Purchasing from breeders enforces breeder culture and promotes cruel practice
>>
>>2360500
Actually yes in a way.
>>
>>2360500
He's very tsundere. Loves cuddles only when he wants to. Otherwise he ignores me.
>>
File: momandbabs.png (433KB, 433x476px) Image search: [Google]
momandbabs.png
433KB, 433x476px
So my cat just had kittens.

She had six, and she had them in the garage against the cold wall. It didn't seem like she wanted them.

We scooped them up, put them in a box, and put the cat in the box, and she started to do her motherly duties. (Cleaning them, feeding them, etc.)

It's been a week, and one of them just opened one of their eyes.

We left for a few hours, and when we came back, there were only 4 kittens in the box instead of 6.

We don't know if it's a predator or the mother moving the cats, but we're pretty sure the mother doesn't quite know how to move the cats at the moment.

It's probably her first litter.

Any tips or advice?

Pic related is Mom and the babies
>>
>>2360722
Should have gotten your cat fixed
Should not have allowed your cat outside
Should have taken a pregnant animal to the vet if you knew it was pregnant
Should DEFINITELY have taken said kittens to the vet, or at LEAST called one
Should NOT HAVE LEFT THE FUCKING KITTENS IN A PLACE A PREDATOR COULD ACCESS THEM
>Probably her first litter
>Probably
How FUCKING STUPID is the average pet owner?
>>
>>2360722
what a retard
>>
File: 20161226_223908.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20161226_223908.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>2360722
When my cat had kittens, she would move them all over the place,
as for tips, put them in a cage (or something similar, like a baby gate that surrounds them)
>pic related, a kitten
>>
File: 1490306337316.jpg (47KB, 564x400px) Image search: [Google]
1490306337316.jpg
47KB, 564x400px
>tripfagging in 2017
don't you have some subreddits to throw that weak bait at?
>>
>>2360739
go back to /b/ this is a serious board devoted to discussion and care of animals
trips help identify common posters on a slow board; everyone who trips here is a regular visitor and the trip helps identify early who specializes where
>>
>>2360730
M8 it's a stray that wandered onto my porch in a rural area and got knocked up

I don't own the cat I'm just trying to help it

Fuck dude
>>
>>2360741
You missed the point of this website
>>
>>2360745
>clearly states my cat
>I don't own the cat

>didn't take it to the vet
>didn't even consult one
>trying to help
wew
>>
>>2360749
It was easier to say my.

Also the vet is fucking expensive m8 we didn't even know if the kittens were going to make it.
>>
>>2360751
We're all gonna make it bro.
>>
>>2360751
If you wanted them to live, you would have talked to a vet.
It is free to call.
>>
>>2360752
>>2360763

Fuck

I fucked up

Now there are 4 missing and one looks like it's neck is broken

I'm a fucking awful pet owner. I should be arrested.

These poor innocent babies. This isn't fair. It's my fault.
>>
>>2361431
good
>>
>>2361431
Mother moving kittens probably.

>doesn't quite know how

She's a cat. She knows. She maybe doesn't know how to find a good spot to move them too but she knows how to move them.

Monitor from a distance to see where she takes them.
>>
>>2360501
Depends on the breed and where you are.
>>
>>2361431
Accept casualties.

My cat turns feral when she has kittens, which are born feral. She keeps moving them around when I find them and want to see them then some disappear.

One time I had another cat giving birth to a stillbirth litter and she ate them with help of the father.
Since then I just leave them be.
>>
>>2361451
>>2361490
One of them had like a swollen head. I think she drops them when she's carrying them.
>>
File: IMG_2382.jpg (17KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2382.jpg
17KB, 256x256px
What's wrong with outdoor cats? I had one that lived 17 happy years. Whenever I visit a home with an indoor cat you can see how mental/miserable they are.
>>
>>2361495
Or it was already going to die. Or she sat on it. Or it climbed out the box and fell.
>>
>>2361498
Nice b8 m8
>>
Can we agree that outdoor cats are fine too?
>>
>>2361577
No
>>
>>2361498
Its a shitty meme to hate outdoor cats on /an/ because everyone here lives in the states where everything gets shot, runover or eaten by other animals.

In the UK its weird to have indoor cats.
>>
File: 1490929458349.jpg (4KB, 249x180px) Image search: [Google]
1490929458349.jpg
4KB, 249x180px
>sister moves interstate, leaves grown male bengal cat with me
>mum goes away on holiday, leaves two kittens with me
>have to keep them separated because bengal clearly wants to kill the kittens
>let bengal back inside after kittens leave
>will not stop spraying on everything, has been neutered
>finall stops
>clean up house a bit and rearrange stuff
>bengal loses his shit adn starts spraying again
>will not fucking stop

3 times today I've had to clean it up. the house smells like cat piss and pine-o clean
>>
>>2361605
Which is a shame, considering the state of your native wildlife and the little that has adapted to urban conditions. You'd think more people would take responsibility for their pets.
>>
>>2361645
Not all cats are lucky enough to have families to call them their pets. What do you propose doing to them?
Adopting all of them, which is unfeasible.
Putting them all in the pound.
Culling them.
>>
>>2361638
just lock the fucking thing in a bathroom

what's he gonna do, complain to your family that his stay was unsatisfactory?
>>
>>2361657
>suggesting killing pests like it's morally abhorrent

Surely you're also a vegan, since you care so much about animals being killed, even for the greater good. What's that, you aren't?
>>
>>2360030
this has to be bait
>are a sign of neglectful pet owners
but going against the cat's nature and keeping it locked in a 50 square meter appertment is fine guys :^)
My cat used to roam freely in my backyard until I had to move to the city, poor guy didn't do anything anymore, it's like I stole his will to live
>>
>>2361662
lol vegan
Bad comeback son, I eat everything, had kangaroo just the other day too.

Sure, let's disrupt food chains and natural balance. Cats get killed by accidents all the time. Are they really threatening muh birds? Let nature take its course.
>>
>>2361670
>take away all your cat's stimulation
>OHHHH WOW HE MISSES DA OUTDOORS LIKE A TRUE LION

Why don't you play with him once in a while you lazy fuck?
>>
>>2361671
>hurt durr what are invasive species

and yes they do destroy bird populations, the same studies get posted over and over in these threads
>>
What do i do about a cat that is unfriendly and is always hungry? Should i just fuck it off and get a new one?
>>
>>2361677
yeah have a look at DIY euthanasia
>>
>>2361672
>implying I don't
insane projecting you got there, I told you, the cat was fucked up after that, he would play for like a minute and give up
>>
>>2361671
>let nature take its course
The whole point is you aren't.

>>2361670
If you allow your cat outside, allow a very dangerous (to the local fauna, almost always. Especially in urbanized areas where most large animals are rats and birds) predator into the environment, a predator that previously was not present and therefore local fauna has no defense against it.

>muh heritageeeeeee
Of course he would prefer being outside. If you could kill and eat whenever you wanted and run around all the time, wouldn't you? maybe it's a bad analogy. Its not about the cats "feelings" it's about the correct choice, provided you have the education to make it.
>>
>>2361692
>>2361670
>if you don't let your cat free roam then you're keeping it locked in a tiny apartment

You do know there's a happy medium right?

Also, why do outdoor cat owners feel they should be held to different standards than dog owners? It's neither legally nor socially acceptable to let dogs free roam. It's also not acceptable to keep them confined to too small an area with no stimulation or exerscise. Dogs are even LESS adapted to living indoors than cats, yet good dog owners manage to create an enclosed outdoor area, supervised outdoor time, and regular walks on lead. This keeps the dog, the environment, and everyone else and their property safe and happy. Why shouldn't the same be expected cat owners?
>>
>>2360012
>>>/b/
quit shitting up one of the few decent boards left.
>>
https://youtu.be/oyKDJWPZj6E
>>
what do you guys feed your cats??
wet food? dry food? mince? meat? kitty milk? do you give them something different for breakfast or tea? are breed specific foods just hype? are more expensive brands worth it or is that also hype?
>>
>>2361677
What kind of food are you feeding it? I heard that because kibble is mostly filler cats don't get anything out of it and are often still hungry after eating.
But I know practically nothing about this kind of stuff but it might be something to consider
>>
I moved in with some friends and we have five cats between us. There are some squabbles but generally things have settled down in the few months we've lived together. But my fat, evil female cat and my friend's 20lb Siamese do not get along AT ALL. They're both six years old, both grew up with other animals without much incident. The male Siamese will stalk my cat - follow her everywhere. He just sits there and screams at her but doesn't try to fight. She hates his guts and hisses / attacks him when he follows her. They're both fixed. The Siamese is a big baby with no claws who loves cuddles. My girl is a stray I adopted at 7 m/o who hates everyone but me for some reason. We worry about the stalking / screaming / fighting because she isn't declawed and will fuck his shit up if they actually fight. Any ideas on why they act like this or what I could do? We have to get up a few times a day or wake up at night to separate them because screaming and violence.
>>
Cats worldwide are estimated to cause over 17 billion dollars in ecological damage (pick your favorite anti-cat article, they'll cite this). We'll be extremely, extremely generous and just say that there are only 200 million cats in the world (United States accounts for half of that). That means each cat, each year, costs the environment about 85 dollars (rounding up, again). Obviously you can play with the numbers a bit so let's just be super safe and say a cat has an external cost of about 170 bucks a year. Sound fair?

Every metric ton of carbon you put out is about 20 dollars of environmental damage depending on what carbon offset website you want to use. Live in America? You're putting out 20 metric tons on average, costing the environment 400 dollars in just carbon emissions alone. Even the best carbon-controlling countries still put out an average of about 10 metric tons per person, meaning in the BEST CASE SCENARIO you are causing just as much damage to the environment (200 bucks) a year as a cat is, purely based off the fossil fuels needed to be used to sustain your plush first world lifestyle. If you use fancy electronics, mercury containing light bulbs, lithium ion batteries, if you eat food that has to be refrigerated or shipped in, if you have ANY children, if you drive more than one car, you only make that number go higher.

>false equivalency! Humans are worth more than animals, we provide value based on the environmental damage we cause, cats serve no purpose/are luxuries and thus can be lived without, cats are emotionless killing machines and it doesn't matter if we kill them, etc

yeah yeah, fine. You can continue to believe cats are a unique evil in the world and that all other imposed external costs are an inescapable necessity of human civilization. Clearly you need to impose those external costs on the enviroment because otherwise how would you shitpost about cats on a Laotian palm kernel cracking board at 3 AM?
>>
>>2362589
>you buttfuck the environment so its okay to let everything buttfuck the environment cumulatively

you're like the people who light up a pack a day in Beijing because "lmao i'm already inhaling lead anyway, might as well stack on it!"
>>
>>2362589
>can be prevented
>nah let's keep it the same bc muh evil human
Makes sense dude
>>
>>2359973

Shit as an intrinsic and relative beauty in and of itself. Its absence denotes that a life has occurred.
>>
>>2362589
Cats aren't "evil", the practice of letting them free roam is the problem. It's the owners who are at fault here. And it is much much more than just an environmental problem. First and foremost, it's bad for the cats. It's a shitty, neglectful and endangering practice.

If you acrually like and care about cats, you would be against free-roaming and having them unsupervised outdoors.
>>
>>2359973
I read this in my pet voice, mostly because I used to say shit like this to my cat all the time in the sweetest tone.
RIP lil shit
>>
stray keeps hanging out around the house after i had a nice little bbq outside

started tossing chicken at it and shit but dont know what to do now. been a few days. hangs out right outside the backdoor but hesitant to come inside

still kinda cold too and this little shit wont come in. he chills in a box i set outside from him sometimes

what do
>>
Quick question about my cats

They used to come in my room all the time to hangout. They still come in but they won't stay in like they used to. For the most part they sit right outside my door. Like parallel to the door frame. Nothing traumatic happened at all recently and nothing has changed within my room. Google yields nothing.

Anyone have an idea why this is?
>>
File: kitto.jpg (111KB, 1412x794px) Image search: [Google]
kitto.jpg
111KB, 1412x794px
>>2361431
UPDATE

So I didn't give the mom as much credit as she deserved. She was actually moving and hiding the kittens.

When I found the 3 kittens in the garage, I didn't think to look up.

She was keeping them in the floor above the garage. And they were falling down when looking for their mother.

2 have died. The other 4 are okay... but I have another problem now.

So there's this one kitten, that I saw fall from the 2nd floor of the garage. It won't stop meowing, and it looks malnourished.

I've been thinking about getting some replacement kitty milk to give it a little boost.

Also, I brought the mom and the babies inside. It seemed better than some predator or cold getting them.
>>
>>2360170
Ā”you are the one who destroyed local enviroment cunt!
>>
File: 1491242122095s.jpg (3KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1491242122095s.jpg
3KB, 125x125px
>>2363509
>>
>>2360172
I have a cat and love it, but it is totally disgusting and it's excrement is the worst smell that I know. It's shitty asshole has stamped my bedsheets before. The cats are cleaner than dog meme is stupid, but if you can hide away the litterbox like I am unable their bodies don't reek like dogs do.
>>
>>2360741
Fuck off, tripfags are and always have been cancerous.
>>
File: IMG_0585.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0585.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>
>>2360022
There is literally nothing wrong with letting them out in a fenced backyard when they are old as fuck and have a negligible amount of interest/ability in killing anything.

Mine like to alternate between hiding in the bushes and sunning themselves on the porch.

No kitty fun allowed faggots kys.
>>
https://youtu.be/7wQXN-NoMR4
>>
Not a big /an/ frequenter, though I love animals. What's up with not liking outdoorsy cats? Harder/riskier to look after?

>>2363570
Also this. There has never been a case where a tripfag hasn't let their ego get the better of their content.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
Here are some kittens were fostering, found a good home for the last unclaimed one a couple of days ago. It took a while because a lot of people think black and white cats are boring or common, I think :(
>>
File: 20170321_182457.jpg (147KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
20170321_182457.jpg
147KB, 1280x720px
My cat, Lucy.
>>
>>2360326
I grew up with cats as pets, while they can certainly get into situations that require a bath (fleas, getting sprayed by skunks) they really are actually able to clean themselves. They are designed do, and their tongues are naturally roughened for that purpose. My cats always had soft fur, one was so thorough about her coat that it literally felt like silk when you pet her. They rarely ever smelled bad, and they were indoor/outdoor.

I would never own a cat in a small apartment though, I'd have to have a house with a decent yard or next to some woods, and not on a busy street. If If I stay in the city then I'll just a dog, indoor cats cooped up all day are sad to be around.
>>
>>2360722
lol so you just leave your garage open when you go out? will your next thread consist of you complaining that your television was stolen?
>>
>>2363504
Second Update

Bought the really bad looking kitten some KMR

I just fed it, but it's really week. It can't even hold it's head up. I'm feeding it again in like 3 hours.

Do I have to stimulate it to go to the bathroom EVERY time I feed it?

>>2364255
I live in the country, and the garage is full of shit nobody wants. Also a few barn-swallows have made nests in the garage so it's best to leave the doors open anyways
>>
File: IMG_6144.jpg (611KB, 1920x2560px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6144.jpg
611KB, 1920x2560px
my kitten is really fuckin weird
>>
>>2364287
Yes, every time they eat anything, they need to go.
>>
File: IMG_1547.jpg (36KB, 260x263px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1547.jpg
36KB, 260x263px
>>2360500
>>
>>2360722
absolutely retarded, get all of these animals fixed asap you literal mong
>>
>>2361431
GO SEE A FUCKING VET YOU ABSOLUTE AUTIST
>>
>>2364287
SEE A FUCKING VET ALREADY!!!! Or give up the kittens to the RSPCA JESUS CHRIST
>>
>>2364229
>It took a while because a lot of people think black and white cats are boring or common, I think
Normies have shit taste
>>
>>2363504
Anon I think this amounts up to more than her being a shitty first-time mom. How much did you stress her out?
Take those sweet children to the vet, you sperg. Or at the very least, find someone you know who isn't retarded when it comes to cats.
>>
File: potcat.jpg (86KB, 694x937px) Image search: [Google]
potcat.jpg
86KB, 694x937px
my cat likes pots in the garden, I got her from a shelter a few months ago. her name is fangfang.
>>
>>2364229
That's so sad. I love my fat tuxedo
>>
i saw 8 different cats yesterday, and i pet 2 of them.
a truly blessed day, by friends
>>
>>2362609
You know what else harms the environment and can be prevented? Eating meat. Why don't you start being a vegan now?
>>
>>2360022
MUH BIRDIES
MUH NATURE
MUH PLANTS
MUH INVASIVE SPECIES

IT DOESN'T MATTER IF HE IS IN A ENCLOSED YARD, 17 YEARS OLD AND BEING SUPERVISED!
OP IS HITLER!

I use to bring my elderly cat outside in the morning to eat and poop in the morning sun.
She never tried to run off and always went straight back inside to her bed.
>>
File: suburbs.jpg (244KB, 800x534px) Image search: [Google]
suburbs.jpg
244KB, 800x534px
>>2360030
>local ecosystem
Oh right. What you call cities and suburbs woulnd't even qualify as habitat for any higher lifeform. Most brids that are getting catched by cats are not the healthiest ones to begin with and it is entirely your fault for not creating enough real habitats for your flora and fauna.
That other "arguments" you named are'nt even worth my time because they are compleate shit.
>>
>>2364453
Dude, just take responsibility for your pet, and don't let it roam around unsupervised.
Only a fucking asshole would knowingly continue to inconvenience other people because you feel your precious kitty needs to run free.
>>
File: 1489954441233.jpg (406KB, 1280x776px) Image search: [Google]
1489954441233.jpg
406KB, 1280x776px
>>2364458
Or not live in your retarded country and the local wildlife is adapted to felix silvestris. Not everyone is so disconected to nature as you, burgers.
>>
>>2364463
>still refusing to accept responsibility for thier animals actions
Catfag logic again everybody.
>>
>>2359984
Kys
>>
>>2360722
moms like to hide their youngs in dark and small places if she is insecure in the boxs place. Be real careful while searching for them and she knows how to move them, its instinctual.
>>
>>2364287
>>2364362
>>2364378

Small kitten wasn't eating anything, I got KMR but it didn't do any good. RIP tiny kitten.

For the time being there are 3 healthy kittens. They seem good, the mom is happy, the babies are warm, and everything is good. The kittens have grown a lot and have opened their eyes.

When raising them, do I have to handle them to get them used to human interaction to prevent them from becoming feral?
>>
File: cats.png (3MB, 1850x1041px) Image search: [Google]
cats.png
3MB, 1850x1041px
>>2365181
They're hangin' in there.
>>
Had a hanging fly paper for gnats in the kitchen, and my ginger got on the counter and we both found out the hard way that the glue strip was definitely in range of his tail.

After chasing a screaming whirligig of pain and confusion and then dousing his rear in vegetable oil, the damned thing is off and he's had a rinse. He seems okay, a clump of fur lost but no other harm taken. However, there's still a fair bit of oil on him. He should be fine, right? It's just veggie oil.
>>
File: Pygmy-raccoon-in-tree.jpg (75KB, 650x433px) Image search: [Google]
Pygmy-raccoon-in-tree.jpg
75KB, 650x433px
>>2364463
It's fucked up to make a big deal about cats like that in the first place. Cats are just gung-ho about tagging along with us, when invasive species become an issue, cats are due to become by far the most likely ones.

There are many other invasive species that are far more conceivably mitigatible. Worry about those!

Just compare raccoons. They've been introduced to alien environments ... just because some people wanted to hunt them for fur! And in other cases because people imagined they'd maybe make nice pets! And you know what's absolutely horrible about that? They did this with the *common* raccoon! If instead they took the Cozumel raccoon, it wouldn't be so bad. But that thing is almost extinct, and the tourism industry is trampling its habitat. If *it* invaded somewhere else, at least it would have a refuge.
>>
How long can I leave my cat alone for?
>>
>>2366994
Depends on the cat and how much food and water you leave with it.
>>
I have a question; I adopted two 6 week old kittens last week and one is so much bigger than the other. They're siblings and they seem healthy/lively. Should I be worried? I haven't had a cat in a very long time but I remember having one kitten as a child that was small like this one. It died a few weeks after I received it...

In addition, what do you guys do to keep cats from chewing on wires? My friend told me this was a major problem with his cat.
>>
This might sound kinda retarded, but it is OK that my cat doesn't sleep on her bed? I bought it awhile ago (got her while she was super young, she's about 6 months now) and she kinda gave up on the bed despite being very comfortable and spacious. She is just sleeping on the carpet now and its kinda weird to me.

Should I let her be or buy a bigger bed maybe? I also leave the room with my bed open so she can sleep there, but she doesn't do that as well.
>>
>>2359984
Go to sleep
>>
>>2359986
He could use a change of heart
>>
>Recently brought home a second cat so my cat won't be as lonely
>They play, but the cat I brought home lets out these death screeches every time they start wrestling
>New cat isn't even hurt, but has its ears back and runs away, only to incite some play-time with the older cat and repeat the whole series of events over again
What the fuck is happening? The new cat sounds like it's being mauled by a bear or something.
>>
File: IMG_2881.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2881.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
This is my 19 year old kot
She's the sweetest little thing but she sometimes will try to bite your shoes
>>
File: IMG_2873.jpg (4MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2873.jpg
4MB, 3264x2448px
>>2368183
She also partially blind due to cataracts ever since she was born
I love my kitter so much
[spoiler];_;[/spoiler]
>>
>>2368183
>>2368186
Looking good for 19.
>>
For people so dead set on letting your cat outside, please get one of pic related. It only costs around 60 bucks and you can just throw in some toys and climbing tree. The cat will feel completely at home.
>but who cares! My cat's not gonna fuck up the ecosystem
Alright, but your cat is 100% more likely to be eaten by a bigger predator or be hit by a car if you let it outside. So if you don't give a shit about the environment, atleast care for the well being of your cat.

On the other side of the coin, I don't understand this "cats smell like shit" meme in the slightest. What kind of shitty litter and food are people giving their cats? If you change the litter regularly and it's scented they should smell exactly like the litter. They only begin to stink if you aren't changing it out every 2-3 days.
>>
>>2363504
i would take one of the kittens and torture it
>>
>>2368186
I was raised in a house with no pets but i can still relate to you Q_Q
>>
File: edgy.png (225KB, 373x327px) Image search: [Google]
edgy.png
225KB, 373x327px
>>2369647
>>
>>2369637
>Setting up a cage in your backyard
Sorry, I am not autistic.
Thread posts: 153
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.