[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sick cat from shelter return fraud?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 20170301_202000.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170301_202000.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
I adopted a cat in feb and he came with kennel cough and diarrhea. Their vet sucked major ass, she gave him a bunch of antibiotics for URI and found out 3 weeks later he had kennel cough. Well, after 4 weeks my insurance with them ran out so now I have to use my own money. Took him to another vet who gave him good meds and now his sneezing mucus is gone but his diarrhea hasn't stopped at all. The cat didn't lose any weight.

What do? I'm in college and I'm running out of funds he is shitting all over the apt and I have fucking carpet... they refuse to give me more vet care since he is my pet now wtf.

Can I give him to a friend and have him take him to a shelter and say that he found him on the street? Then I adopt him back once he gets the medical care he needs? It has been almost 2 months of this.
>>
>i bought a cat even though i'm too poor to take care of it

typical retarded catfag
>>
Don't adopt an animal you can't afford.
Save up as much money as possible to take him to a good vet and get him some medicine, this is YOUR responsibility now. Maybe you can ask your family for help, I don't know.
>>
>>2359780
Antibiotics is what they give for cats with kennel cough, also known as URI. There's really nothing else to do with URI but antibiotics and TLC. If I were you I'd bring the cat back and say it's sick and you can't afford to take care of the illness, that you bought it ill and explain what the cat has already had. If you have a friend bring it back, you will just look negligent, especially if it's sick. At least in this case you are concerned for the cat's well being, and you did bring it to a vet and have been giving it meds. Being proof of vet visits too. They may give you more vet visits for free if they realize the cat has been sick since you adopted it.

URI generally takes 2 weeks to clear up, sometimes a month or so if it's bad. He may have some underlying issue that is making it worse. Did they check for FIV/FeLV? There's also something called chronic URI you might want to look into.
>>
>>2359833
His URI is clear up now. His diarrhea won't go away though.
>>
What is he eating? And if you're giving him any kind of dairy, don't
>>
>>2359876
He is on a dry food the vet gave me Saturday
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.